What's new

Pets stuck in combat long after enemy combatant is dead

vulgrr

Admins,

Can you guys please repair the battlepets that have been broken for 7 years on this game?

I, for one, and extremely tired of a pet remaining in combat for insane amounts of time after all enemies that engaged have been killed. It is insanely annoying to be unable to quickly switch, or hide the pet so you can escape while being chased by players...

Barring the exception of the Pet taking damage and not you (but even then it should end when the enemy dies), at no time should your pet be in combat unless you are.

Bloomfang, crater cub, lavaspark, etc. I've yet to find a pet that doesn't do it.

I can upload a video later today displaying it.

The pets you've named are ones that provide self/player affects.
Those skills refresh a pets combat timer if used before having left combat.

A video would prove helpful for this.

So not my best video work, it's lazy and unedited, but here's how the pets get stuck in combat. No pet skills are even used, and the different scenarios presented are myself entering combat without the pet being a part and the pet being attacked and attacker being killed. Neither scenario allows me to desummon the pet when combat is actually over. Also I show that the pets bar no longer reads as in combat. This happens with multiple pets, not just the one shown here. Even pets like Powerstone pets get stuck in these states too, although that isn't shown here....

your char gets into combat stance - pet thinks its combat
u scroll throw weapons, go to idle can desummon

Typhoon drake also gets stuck in combat after the target is dead and it isn't being attacked, unlike other mounts like the Stormwraith

Typhoon drake also gets stuck in combat after the target is dead and it isn't being attacked, unlike other mounts like the Stormwraith
That occurs with all flight based mounts. They are classed as large mounts and have extended timers.

All the other pets "cannot despawn in combat" is from the player being in combat stance waiting for your character to idle

Back