What's new

[Pirate FACTION Issues]

Yoshimaru

Hello,

I've been Pirate the last 30 days, and now I am Erenor Pirate hero. I've noticed a lot of problems with the pirate faction right now. It's disturbing lonely, and not beneficial in remaining pirate at this current server rate.

- There are no pirates, and I mean none. So the faction is dead. I'm probably the only pirate, aside from a few new players who came pirate. (Any others use it for titles, and go back west/east) So the faction is empty.

I believe we can revive pirate faction if people had more incentive, and balance as pirates. What I mean is if you're East or West you get 3x more warrior medals a day compared to pirate faction, and more prestige a day compared to pirate faction. Its simple things like this, is why many players have told me they're not staying pirate, and return to their original factions. So maybe we can script more rewards or dailies as pirates that'll make people actually want to stay pirate, and play the role of the faction.

Now I'm playing pirate with the cons just because I enjoy it, and don't ever go to jail unless on Nuia/Haran land. Although I wish it was possible to script it so pirates can also [attack first] on their main factions land, and not be forced to wait to get attacked by them first just so they can defend themselves. Thats one thing AA did I never understood. But I was wondering if there's a solution to perhaps revive a dead faction, and give people more incentive to want to stay pirate.

We can argue it's a "pirate faction", and its for people who want to pirate. So they dont deserve anything more than what they have. But the point of the faction is to be its own outcast faction. Yet nobody on this server does. So adding something beneficial will make players want to play the role of real pirates instead of "green pirates". I've been pirate knowing full well Ill get less rewards daily but I do it because I enjoy it. It just seems we lack people like that, and I get it. Its not worth it when you need the gear/rewards as West/East. But being a private server, perhaps we can balance it out for others.

Being a pirate means you're getting punished by your actions, and it should keep it that way. The only suggestion i would give is for them to not go to jail in Karkasse (pretty sure devs can do this since they did it to Hasla)
But thats it. Pirate faction shouldnt be attractive or having the same advantage as other factions as there is already a couple of advantages for pvpers.

And the reason why you cant atk on peace zones is to prevent power abuse / a safe place for ppl that dont enjoy pvp at all

I believe that the Pirate Faction should be indeed buffed. Sure it may be 'punished' but at the same time this is a game and you are still here to have fun. I have always believed that growlgate should be updaded, which I'm sure isn't very possible to do, but I have always wished that the base itself had an update on how it is. I also believe that it would be nice to have boosts to certain areas, whats the point of having a faction if no one wants to play it? I always loved pirate faction.

I agree with OP, sure I admit I do understand the point of being a "punish nation" but they usually make the ocean a more fun and entertaining place.

A healthy Pirate faction bring healthy PVP and since everyone whines they want more PVP then you should support OP and in all honesty I hate more the "green pirates"

I'll be eventually ending up as Pirate, for reasons you stated I'm getting some of the grinds taken care of before returning home to Growlgate.

I would love it if hostile territories didn't send you immediately to jail, similar to Hasla. If you get killed in Haranya/Nuia safe zones, fine, jailtime. My group doesn't personally mind risking the time-out period for a little bit of mayhem, but historically on live we've had trouble signing up other pirates for fun on the mainland unless the odds were overwhelming.

I hate the way the entire crime/punishment/pirate system works. It should be completely re-tooled, although I don't see the AR team having much incentive to do so.

1. Draughts of forgiveness should be taken out of the game - infamy should only be removed by tedious questing or some kind of "community service". This functionally eliminates "green pirates" and forces those who rob and team-kill to the pirate faction, where they belong.
2. Pirate faction needs some quality of life improvements. They should still be able to earn gold, warrior medals, prestige, etc. at the same rates as everyone else. They need to be able to own and work land. They need fish turn-in areas, etc. Being KoS to every other player and unable to enter other faction areas is punishment enough. They need to still be able to earn gold at the same rate as everyone else.
3. The game needs to force/encourage/incentivize everyone out into the ocean. That's where the game is at its best, but instead everyone spends all day farming purses or running trade packs over land because XLGames fucked up the risk/reward proposition for ocean activities. Get those people out on the water, and the pirates can fulfill their function and everyone has a good time.

2. Pirate faction needs some quality of life improvements. They should still be able to earn gold, warrior medals, prestige, etc. at the same rates as everyone else. They need to be able to own and work land. They need fish turn-in areas, etc. Being KoS to every other player and unable to enter other faction areas is punishment enough. They need to still be able to earn gold at the same rate as everyone else.
Theres way more fishing spots near GG. Same for sunken ships. Theres also land in GG island, quite alot actually. If theres a big enough guild its really easy to win MM. As for wb you can do sungolds GR.
Being a pirate doesnt mean you're in a "Pirate Faction", it means you got kicked from your previous faction. Theres advantages for being pirate, one of them is that you can recruit players from both sides. You guys are basically asking for a free player nation, which is expensive for a reason

1. Draughts of forgiveness should be taken out of the game - infamy should only be removed by tedious questing or some kind of "community service". This functionally eliminates "green pirates" and forces those who rob and team-kill to the pirate faction, where they belong.

Yes, I agree. Let's remove the most fun thing in the game to do. Let's lose more players, that's the best thing. /s

That's what stealing is for. You're a pirate. Your chief source of income should be stealing, not farming.

3. The game needs to force/encourage/incentivize everyone out into the ocean. That's where the game is at its best, but instead everyone spends all day farming purses or running trade packs over land because XLGames fucked up the risk/reward proposition for ocean activities. Get those people out on the water, and the pirates can fulfill their function and everyone has a good time.

They've already said fishing won't be buffed.

Running trade packs over the sea is already done. It's either 1 guy running a pack or two on a clipper, 1 guy running a merch (less common), a small group running a merch (somewhat common), or 26 guys running a merch (somewhat common).

Eliminating the ability to green pirate would reduce the pvp by about half for those who like to pvp. And as you said, going pirate isn't as profitable, so people don't want to bother with it. We manage our crime points and stay on one faction or the other.

I don't know why people want to constantly change every aspect of the game to make it more carebear or change the original intent, reduce the fun of the game to make it more for their personal vision, etc.

I'm at the top of the pile screaming for change when the change would improve everyone's life and literally has 0 drawbacks. I was very vocal on the honor gemming changes. I spoke a lot about changing fishing to make it better, but that was shot down. The trade system is fine as is. The pvp mechanics are fine as is. The problem with changing these systems to what you say makes them not fun for a lot of people, and more enjoyable for a tiny group of people who are, probably, frankly, too scared to go in war water. That's not a problem for the vast majority of people who don't even read the forums who enjoy every bit of the game as it is or only want small things to change for the better for everyone.

I hate the way the entire crime/punishment/pirate system works. It should be completely re-tooled, although I don't see the AR team having much incentive to do so.

Why would we remove green pirates? The server would be completely carebear. The server would die out.

I think there should be more incentive to playing as a pirate, nothing crazy just a little boost to make pirates even slightly competitive. The way it is right now is pathetic, pirates aren’t even a threat and I honestly enjoy the thought of being ran up on by a guild of pirates makes everything a little more intense. Completely different than being killed by your own faction.

I think there should be more incentive to playing as a pirate, nothing crazy just a little boost to make pirates even slightly competitive. The way it is right now is pathetic, pirates aren’t even a threat and I honestly enjoy the thought of being ran up on by a guild of pirates makes everything a little more intense. Completely different than being killed by your own faction.
How? Is that different?

Yes, I agree. Let's remove the most fun thing in the game to do. Let's lose more players, that's the best thing. /s

That's what stealing is for. You're a pirate. Your chief source of income should be stealing, not farming.

They've already said fishing won't be buffed.

Running trade packs over the sea is already done. It's either 1 guy running a pack or two on a clipper, 1 guy running a merch (less common), a small group running a merch (somewhat common), or 26 guys running a merch (somewhat common).

Eliminating the ability to green pirate would reduce the pvp by about half for those who like to pvp. And as you said, going pirate isn't as profitable, so people don't want to bother with it. We manage our crime points and stay on one faction or the other.

I don't know why people want to constantly change every aspect of the game to make it more carebear or change the original intent, reduce the fun of the game to make it more for their personal vision, etc.

I'm at the top of the pile screaming for change when the change would improve everyone's life and literally has 0 drawbacks. I was very vocal on the honor gemming changes. I spoke a lot about changing fishing to make it better, but that was shot down. The trade system is fine as is. The pvp mechanics are fine as is. The problem with changing these systems to what you say makes them not fun for a lot of people, and more enjoyable for a tiny group of people who are, probably, frankly, too scared to go in war water. That's not a problem for the vast majority of people who don't even read the forums who enjoy every bit of the game as it is or only want small things to change for the better for everyone.
Yes !

I don’t think gold making as a pirate should be changed at all imo, stealing and fishing is what pirates SHOULD be doing for income I totally agree. And as far as removing draughts and changing the infamy system I think that’s dumb if green pirates couldn’t green pirate then half of the fun and conflict/drama would stop and that’s like 80% of the reason I even play this. I’m just biased cuz I want to see a strong pirate guild that’s pretty much it

You should know the meaning of ' pirates ' and you should know what they do before you go to pirate faction , so i dont see any reason why devs should change the way of making gold by pirates rn .

Real pirates were thieves, rapist, and murderers; and the game reflects that. Fictional pirates are far more family friendly.

Back