What's new

Player Nations are killing this server.

Pn1 and the East have a healthy relationship. I can't speak for how Pn2 and the West tho, as Pn2 pretty much killed the west by taking all the geared players.

PN1 has plenty of West players too, they just didn't move over RECENTLY. West was fairly dead before PN2 started reforming. It also helps that the East guild PN1 plays with consists mostly of PN1 players who can't fit anymore because of the member cap shrink.

The biggest problem with PN is there's very little risk of joining one. Pirate, on the other hand, offered detriments for stacking a bunch of good players together. PNs throw off the balance of the server by eliminating the worry of going to jail if you're killed in mainland.

Honestly, if devs want this server to grow again, balance needs to be restored. I think the removal of PNs and the introduction of Hiram gear will help a lot with that. Although lots of new players join, they don't stay because the main nations struggle to even gather for the smaller events. Let them go Pirate if they want to attack lowbie raids so at least they might go to jail for it (if any of the carebears can even kill their super geared players).

PN1 has plenty of West players too, they just didn't move over RECENTLY. West was fairly dead before PN2 started reforming. It also helps that the East guild PN1 plays with consists mostly of PN1 players who can't fit anymore because of the member cap shrink.

The biggest problem with PN is there's very little risk of joining one. Pirate, on the other hand, offered detriments for stacking a bunch of good players together. PNs throw off the balance of the server by eliminating the worry of going to jail if you're killed in mainland.

Honestly, if devs want this server to grow again, balance needs to be restored. I think the removal of PNs and the introduction of Hiram gear will help a lot with that. Although lots of new players join, they don't stay because the main nations struggle to even gather for the smaller events. Let them go Pirate if they want to attack lowbie raids so at least they might go to jail for it (if any of the carebears can even kill their super geared players).
PN1 has like 8 west players, me bonney, yuna, escarlatte, pulga, vexzus, changes, and amber whos also on his east toon most the time. i might have missed one or 2 more. but the rest of PN1 is all east rn

I'd blame the west guilds for all bailing due to the lack of leadership on west.
Pn

This is the classic "The PNs already exist so all of there hard work to make what they currently have is super mega irrelevant!!" arguement. Not any guild can make a PN it has a high price tag attached to it and takes a guilds coordination to accomplish its creation. It can also be contested/kept from happening.

There may not be much risk for individual members when it comes to joining a PN but a PN has up-front as well as maintenance costs associated with it.

To go pirate all you have to do is kill some mounts and boom you're flipped. I would consider the draught cooldown a punishment for pirates but realistically you can draught your infamy down to 50 or 100 during your time as a pirate so that when you want to go back mainland you can do so relatively instantly. Your guild is never at threat of being disbanded from not owning a castle for 4 siege rotations -- admittedly you can't own castles as pirate.

If we are going to compare PN and Pirate factions: Pirate is quick, cheap, and relatively bulletproof - Pirate drawbacks are gameplay/content based. Owning a PN requires a sizeable up-front cost as well as ongoing maintenance efforts but doesn't have as many gameplay-restricting downsides - PN drawbacks are financially based.

IMO these factions are quite different and shouldn't be compared on a 1:1 basis.

I'd blame the west guilds for all bailing due to the lack of leadership on west.
Pn

This is the classic "The PNs already exist so all of there hard work to make what they currently have is super mega irrelevant!!" arguement. Not any guild can make a PN it has a high price tag attached to it and takes a guilds coordination to accomplish its creation. It can also be contested/kept from happening.

No, the hard work happened of course. However, the way it's setup is really bad for the health of the server overall. New players start here and just quit because it seems dead since all of the action is happening among the PNs. CR/GR/etc. raids can barely be formed in West and it seems this way on East sometimes too. It's just not sustainable to have such empty main nations anymore.

If we are going to compare PN and Pirate factions: Pirate is quick, cheap, and relatively bulletproof - Pirate drawbacks are gameplay/content based. Owning a PN requires a sizeable up-front cost as well as ongoing maintenance efforts but doesn't have as many gameplay-restricting downsides - PN drawbacks are financially based.

Considering you can manage finances how you used to with the same amount of risk as any East/West player on top of having a castle, I'd say it's still quite unbalanced. A Pirate will go to jail if they get killed tending to crops / running packs in mainland whereas a PN player won't. Also, a PN will stack with mostly really good players so they will likely dominate the high-earning content.

Pirates have to earn a lot from high-earning content or they're stuck making peanuts. PN has the perks of a regular nation, the multi-faction perk of Pirate and none of the detriments of Pirate. Sure, it costs a lot to form a PN, but that doesn't change the fact that it's essentially a mechanic that allows you to pay to be overpowered.

Last edited:
Has always been an issue that appears and disappears depending on how much the pns are contesting each other since it's always a race about getting the most bodies.

Can't delete pns as it upsets too many.
Easy solution tbh, make pn2 ally west. Pn1 and east don't have a population issue because can hold hands at any event.

But yeah that decision is up to pn2 to make so if they don't want to, then it's gg for west.

I've experienced it a few times before and let me tell you it sucks massive Mandingo sized cock and is a reason I don't enjoy this game much anymore.

Last edited:
PN always get the most geared people on the server, they concentrate power and then get bored when no one is able to challenge them. They end up chasing people away because when they start taking over ALL of the content, by showing up a GR and CR and killing everyone, because again, they are bored looking for pvp. The Hasla event died for the most part because PN came and killed everyone. Sure there are people who can go and who need the rewards but don't bother with it. PN was contantly messaging the east side for people to come to this that or the other. Why should they? PN wanted the events to themselves now they got it. Since they can control everything they get to decide which content to give us plebs.

Can't delete pns as it upsets too many.
Easy solution tbh, make pn2 ally west. Pn1 and east don't have a population issue because can hold hands at any event.

At this point, deleting PNs would upset the majority of people who do content in this game, as you stated. The issue with that is that PNs, which have a hard limit of 50 players, ARE the majority of players. If the devs keep catering to this group of players, the population will just keep going down until it's only PNs left playing. They've been working around PNs for a while now and it's continuing to hurt the server.

In terms of your "easy solution", I would counter that by suggesting the removal of allying with other nations as it bypasses the previously imposed 50 player limit on PNs. Or, maybe a limit of one alliance per month should be implemented.

At this point, deleting PNs would upset the majority of people who do content in this game, as you stated. The issue with that is that PNs, which have a hard limit of 50 players, ARE the majority of players. If the devs keep catering to this group of players, the population will just keep going down until it's only PNs left playing. They've been working around PNs for a while now and it's continuing to hurt the server.

I hate to burst the current bubble, but as its been mentioned previously even with the removal of player nations almost all the geared players with an IQ above 40 would be placed back into east and the east would dominate the server along with every event.

In terms of your "easy solution", I would counter that by suggesting the removal of allying with other nations as it bypasses the previously imposed 50 player limit on PNs. Or, maybe a limit of one alliance per month should be implemented.

Pn1 doesnt even have 50 actives , doubt pn2 does either. Removing alliance would just make it so that East and West never get anything.

Pn2 should just send out an alliance with west. They recruited all of the geared/active West ppl anyway. May as well just help out the less geared ppl.

I hate to burst the current bubble, but as its been mentioned previously even with the removal of player nations almost all the geared players with an IQ above 40 would be placed back into east and the east would dominate the server along with every event.

Right, I forgot that you'll stop at nothing to ensure your elite crew remains separated from the common rabble by any means necessary. Who cares about having a server to play on anyway, right?

I don't know if you realize it, but the way you speak about this just sounds like you don't care about anything besides protecting your big investment. You don't seem to realize/care that the foundation is crumbling around it. Unless something is done to bring and KEEP new players here, the server could get shut down. In which case, your PN will disappear anyways along with everything you've done on this server.

Last edited:
Back