What's new

Please update 10v10 Maelstrom

Semerian

People on server are having an extremely hard time farming Maelstrom right now. It's been a 4 day dry streak for me so far , staying in q for hours at a time each day and spamming faction chat with people to join. There are people who are quing but I guess it's just not enough because it's literally impossible to get in.

My best suggestion would be to possibly drop the requirement to 6v6, make the matches shorter @ 1 boat per team and capped at 100 points for a win. Drop the requirement of daily kills from 30-15 and required wins to 2 instead of 3. Could increase cost of Sea Wolf coins to craft to make up for the difference. I wouldn't mind doing more maelstroms, at least I would be doing maelstrom.

Discussed with a few in faction and could also potentially remove the galleons, and add 2 clippers per team with cannons. Would make this arena more fast pace.

Last edited:
Semerian is right 10v10 is dead and doesn't live up to it'ss purpose which is provide people with coins as alternative way to get gear or regrade since everyone do it to get poseidon's totem and then quit it ,rest people can't find any match i personally sometimes Q for hours without fidning a match , so my Suggestion is to motivate more people to Q since they dont because it's glitchy and takes 20 mins also some players can ruin it that's why people quit well to motivate them make it that losing team get 1 sea wolf coin + 200 honor points and to make people go hard and try to win! instead of just afking to get a coin ,make it that winners get the 2 coins as usual + *500 honor points !* that would make people Q more knowing that despite the bugs they can get something out of it and do some effort to win and all will be fun and less stressfull ! but i don't agree with the clipper suggestion because it's not possible and that's not how maelstorm should be at all

Last edited:
Please admins fix this arena, it is a lot of fun and wish we could play more and gain rewards.

Currently there are less players joining the arena then before as many other events are running in game. Due to it, players with limited time need to choose what that would like to spend their time for more. When the current events come to an end, the quantity of players joining naval arena will increase.

We are still working on a few known arena issues removal to improve the participation in it. Some are still in process ad taking longer time, some will be implemented tomorrow with the server restart.
The quantity of participants and the time of the battle will, though, remain the same.

Both sides, winners and losers, are already rewarded. Even if Team is losing, its participants receive honor points as well as the possibility to complete their Achievements and daily quest that award additional coins. Changing it to giving more coins to losing team will lead to more arena abuse. This request has already been denied before.

Would it be possible to queue for more than 1 type of Arena at the same time? I think that would encourage a lot more people to sign up for battleships. It's really fun, my favorite arena type by far. I don't want to see it die

Currently there are less players joining the arena then before as many other events are running in game. Due to it, players with limited time need to choose what that would like to spend their time for more. When the current events come to an end, the quantity of players joining naval arena will increase.

We are still working on a few known arena issues removal to improve the participation in it. Some are still in process ad taking longer time, some will be implemented tomorrow with the server restart.
The quantity of participants and the time of the battle will, though, remain the same.

Both sides, winners and losers, are already rewarded. Even if Team is losing, its participants receive honor points as well as the possibility to complete their Achievements and daily quest that award additional coins. Changing it to giving more coins to losing team will lead to more arena abuse. This request has already been denied before.
you didn't read my suggestion , in the other thread i said increase the costs for items like delphinad gear and red regrade charms , with giving losing team 1 coin that will fix the abuse thing ,Besides people will sooner or later quit 10v10 when they get that totem and with the low population of the server it's not going to work . You either save this game in this server or it will be just a wasted potential in the end . because of the fear abusing this and that , trying to make it the perfect experience that trion never done wont work , the core mechanics of the game are broken so trying to make it grindy or making it decently challenging will just make the server die eventually

you didn't read my suggestion , in the other thread i said increase the costs for items like delphinad gear and red regrade charms , with giving losing team 1 coin that will fix the abuse thing ,Besides people will sooner or later quit 10v10 when they get that totem and with the low population of the server it's not going to work . You either save this game in this server or it will be just a wasted potential in the end . because of the fear abusing this and that , trying to make it the perfect experience that trion never done wont work , the core mechanics of the game are broken so trying to make it grindy or making it decently challenging will just make the server die eventually

I read it and said that we'll not rewards the team losing with extra rewards. Achievements and daily quest are already there.
If team that losing will be rewarded extra for each battle it will be simply havily abused.
New rewards will be added to the list of arena rewards from time to time, so you don't need to worry about people getting the totem and losing interest, stop joining arena. You don't need to worry about the server population as well, it's very far from being low.

Would it be possible to queue for more than 1 type of Arena at the same time? I think that would encourage a lot more people to sign up for battleships. It's really fun, my favorite arena type by far. I don't want to see it die

Not sure such change can be done fast as it's a very complex system. But I'll note your idea.

It's unfortunate that nothing can be done to improve the quantity of players joining this arena, it's been a real pain in the butt.
This new update however has caused a bunch of new issues though that need to be fixed asap. When you have 20 random players there are always a few that seek to ruin things for others. The Maelstroms that I have done today consisted of players purposely taking the wheel of docked boats at base to disable invulnerability which then makes it possible for the opposing team to farm free boat kills and earn points. Also one of the boat spawns is now bugged and instead of spawning in base spawns in the middle of the arena so again = free kills. Please fix this.

You have 10 players in a team and only 2 ships. Even if 1 player is purposely taking the wheel you still have 9 other players, you should be able to cope with that 1 player who tries to ruin it for you. 5 players per a boat and both boats are protected. If team doesn't want to work together, we can't make it start working together, no matter what changes we make.

There were no changes in the boats spawns with the last update. Did you mean 1 spawn is always bugged or it just happened once to you? What team were you for? Please include screenshots of the issues.

You have 10 players in a team and only 2 ships. Even if 1 player is purposely taking the wheel you still have 9 other players, you should be able to cope with that 1 player who tries to ruin it for you. 5 players per a boat and both boats are protected. If team doesn't want to work together, we can't make it start working together, no matter what changes we make.

There were no changes in the boats spawns with the last update. Did you mean 1 spawn is always bugged or it just happened once to you? What team were you for? Please include screenshots of the issues.

This happened in every game I joined back to back, the team who gets the eznan cutters is the team who gets the boat with the bugged spawn. I can try to take a screenshot next time I get a match, hopefully today with my dailies but no guarantees with the lack of players that actually q.

I feel like this is pretty much untrue. Fewer players are joining the arena because the reward for losing is still crap, and 170 honor is not worth the 20-minute arena and the 10+ minutes of waiting for the queue to even pop in the first place. You know, like a few of us have been saying for quite some time now.

Both sides, winners and losers, are already rewarded. Even if Team is losing, its participants receive honor points as well as the possibility to complete their Achievements and daily quest that award additional coins.

The arena is already having an adverse effect. From day 1, people have queued up and if they lose 1 firefight for whatever reason, they will either afk or grab a boat and drive it into the other team to end the match asap. People have thrown matches on purpose because their guildmates are on the other team and just troll it, from taking up cannons and not firing, to simply driving the ship directly in front of the other team's cannons and letting galleon die. People who have their boats destroyed swim to the bottom of the ocean and drown themselves to reset rather than PVP the team that won the cannoneering battle, making the kill dailies not possible, even moreso if the team with the surviving ship has no healers on it and make the smart decision to not jump into the water to chase after the team that DOES have healers. Not to mention the teleport glitch is still alive and well, guaranteeing some teams a loss for something entirely out of their control...and your response is to say "suck it up and waste another half an hour to hope you don't have it happen again"?

Remove the "possibility" of completing achievements from a system that can cause you to lose the game (and the ACTUAL useful reward of the coin, not your insultingly low 170 honor), because people will be less inclined to do it if there's actually a tactical reason to avoid doing the daily (you know, like giving us something other than an amount of honor akin to you slapping us in the face and telling us to thank you for it). 170 honor for the time spent earning it is not a reward. It's barely considered a consolation prize.

Changing it to giving more coins to losing team will lead to more arena abuse

People are losing on purpose already.
People are afking once they get into the arena already.
People are giving up after losing one fight already.
People are trolling already.

And your response is to tell us to keep wasting a half an hour of our lives MINIMUM per arena for the chance to win 1 coin? Anyone smart enough to weigh the pros and cons can easily tell you that the reward you're giving the losing team is not worth the coin flip we get for queuing in this arena. If people are going to do this crap already and you want us to queue for it and lose while people are still doing the shit you're worried about, we want a reason to queue in the first place. It's insulting to say "we won't increase coin rewards because then people will lose on purpose, troll, afk, or give up after one fight" when it's already happening and driving people away from queuing for this arena.

Make it so when you queue, the system puts guildmates together so they can't troll a team so their guildies on the other team can win.
Make it so you can queue as a party to ensure you have a better chance of a cohesive team.
Make it so people have reason to PVP even after their boat has been sunk.
But don't make it seem like this pile of crap for a reward you're giving the losing team is you doing us any favors, because it's absolutely not doing anyone any favors. It's telling the player base you have no idea what goes on in your server and you don't give a damn about us.

Screen-Shot0075.jpg

Here's your bugged boat spawn screenshot. Also doesn't appear to happen every game, but it does happen and needs to be fixed.

Not to mention: thanks to your most recent update to ship invulnerability, the player Semerian is now abusing it heavily by just beelining to the other team and destroying their ships because you gave him the green light in your post. Yeah, the enemy team could do the same, but is that really how you want this game mode to be played? He's done it 3 times now, openly admitted that he doesn't agree with the fix but is absolutely willing to abuse it, and now even fewer people are queuing because of it.

But please, give us only 140-180 honor for losing. When people aren't doing this arena in a month, don't say none of us told you these rewards for losing were complete crap.

Last edited:
Not to mention: thanks to your most recent update to ship invulnerability, the player Semerian is now abusing it heavily by just beelining to the other team and destroying their ships. Yeah, the enemy team could do the same, but is that really how you want this game mode to be played? He's done it 3 times now, openly admitted that he doesn't agree with the fix but is absolutely willing to abuse it, and now even fewer people are queuing because of it.

But please, give us only 140-180 honor for losing. When people aren't doing this arena in a month, don't say none of us told you these rewards for losing were complete crap.

That's a lie, we had one game where it was 1 minute left and enemy team fled halfway across the map from us. It was either destroy the boat 50 meters away from us unmanned at base, or chase the enemy team and lose. I was steering the ship and didn't fire cannons = my entire team is responsible including myself. This happened 1 game not 3 like this nub claims.

That's a lie, we had one game where it was 1 minute left and enemy team fled halfway across the map from us. It was either destroy the boat 50 meters away from us unmanned at base, or chase the enemy team and lose. I was steering the ship and didn't fire cannons = my entire team is responsible including myself. This happened 1 game not 3 like this nub claims.

What about the two games where the first thing you did was destroy the other team's afk boat, then after getting called out on it, you said it was okay to blow your team's afk boat up in retaliation? If you're going to lie, could you at least get your own story straight?

@Sparkle I don't think changing the honor will do much to be effective in fixing our lack of players. The main concern for people is the sea wolf coins. If the losing team was given at least 1 coin per game and people even losing all 5 games back to back were given at least 5 coins daily, it would be easier to convince people to join. I win most of my games and this fix is only being suggested due to the overwhelming amount of players who I seen have asked for it. Also bring back invulnerability at base for ships as 5 people per ship just isn't going to happen. It's way too ineffective to use two ships! Make base camping before 1 minute left of game a re portable offense to deter people who abuse the system, and fix the boat spawn. All of this combined and I believe we would have a healthy system in place for this arena. No other changes will need to be made.

*Edit : I don't believe the winning team should have their sea wolf coins increased per game either. The 1 coin win or lose should just be given for participation, with the objective of completing dailies for extra daily coins as motivation for players to do their best.
*Edit 2 : Could also just set the boat spawns at 1 per team, remove base invulnerability all together to stop base camping which would fix both of these problems in one shot. Would also help fixing this boat spawn bug if you removed the boat that bugs out.

Last edited:
@Velorra What amount of honor for players, even in case they are losing, do you think will be appropriate?

Honestly, at LEAST a fair amount more than Drill Camp. My guild did three of them and even when losing twice, I was getting more honor than three 10v10 arenas. Half the people to queue, less coordination required, STILL more honor than 10v10 with the same win/loss ratio. But even then, there's already a large amount of Honor-gaining events, especially with double honor being implemented on them. The honor isn't the problem at all. People queue for the fun and for the coins. The arena is set up to where there are very high odds that a team's composition will be inferior to the other's, making PVP a detriment, meaning your "kill 30 enemies" daily is not in a player's best interests if it means there's a chance they lose the only coin guaranteed to them for that one match.

Change it to "kill 5/10/15 players" like the library dailies, and give us 1/2/3 coins for completing them. Tiered rewards system, still kill 30 enemies in a day, but you're giving a bit of wiggle room for it and it doesn't feel like a chore to do this arena if you end up on a team that shouldn't jump in the water to PVP after sinking a ship. Give players a reason to participate, and don't make changes no one asked for, like removing invulnerability of unmanned ships which gives way to people who exploit it in order to win because they're so pathetically desperate for sea wolf coins that they abuse such a silly loophole like that.

Last edited:
Back