What's new

[Poll] New tradeable cloak?

Should we introduce a new tradeable cloak with no stats for trading cloak skins purposes?

• Yes

Votes: 56 96.6%
  • No (comment)

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sparkle

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
We’ve received many requests to introduce an unbound cloak with no stats into the game, so players could use it to trade and transfer cloak skins.

At the moment, the only available cloak in game that allows you to do it is only Axis Mundi Aegis, but it is quite expensive and difficult to obtain. And of course, the introduction of a new cloak will devalue it.

Therefore, prior adding a new tradeable cloak to the game, we decided to ask for the opinion of our players: should we introduce a new tradeable cloak with no stats for trading cloak skins purposes?​

The axis mundi isn't expensive because of being tradeable, it's just aimply how you must obtain it and it being a required material to upgrade cloaks. Most axis mundis I've seen up on the AH aren't imaged, so I don't believe introducing a tradeable will affect the axis mundi market.

This would be awesome. I have a couple of nice looking cloaks i'd love to image onto 'less pretty' ones! This is a great idea!

I agree, I do not believe introducing an empty cloak for trading skins will influence the market on the axis mundi. The only reason it is so expensive is because it is the required mat for upgrading Delphinad cloaks to Ayanad, and it takes a hell of a time to gather the merits. And the fact the price is lower right now is due to Titan event sometimes dropping it in the boss rewards. So only events would influence the price on this item imo.

I would love to see the tradeable cloak for selling skins, that way it will be easier for people to, for example, get the cloak skin from Mistsong, because they can buy the cloak instead of the box. Also other cloaks that drop from quests and events (titan, certain race quests) can be sold to those who like it.

Furthermore, it would be easier to keep reskinning your stat cloak as you upgrade it.. Epherium, Delphinad, Ayanad, Erenor; there is 4 different stages of cloaks. I was going to wait till Erenor to reskin my cloak to something fancy, but if it is easier to buy cloak skins people can start using skins lower level cloaks and not worry about how tough it is to get a new skin after upgrading and losing the old one.

I do not believe introducing an empty cloak for trading skins will influence the market on the axis mundi. The only reason it is so expensive is because it is the required mat for upgrading Delphinad cloaks to Ayanad, and it takes a hell of a time to gather the merits. And the fact the price is lower right now is due to Titan event sometimes dropping it in the boss rewards. So only events would influence the price on this item imo.

I agree with this.

I would love to have it in the game! there are a bunch of pretty skins that i skip because of the cost of cloak skin trading

Cloak is a great idea, no reason not to.

kraken glider would like to have a word with you about crying over a 1.5 second invincibility button every 2 minutes.
32f.jpg

I suggested to make the invisible image cloak because I don't like how cloaks look like on some outfits, and I wanted I way to permanently hide it.
But I see no reason to not make trading of image cloaks more easy for those who like cloaks, so I voted YES.

I suggested to make the invisible image cloak because I don't like how cloaks look like on some outfits, and I wanted I way to permanently hide it.
But I see no reason to not make trading of image cloaks more easy for those who like cloaks, so I voted YES.

I totally missed there was 2 different requests, so I first thought we were getting the tradeable cloak XD imagine my disappointment when Sparkle shared the item description and it was just an invisible skin x)

Edit: both options are totally needed and appreciated ^-^

Maybe the looks of the trading cloak should match the style of the costume normally used to trade costume images, and look like rags ;)

I totally missed there was 2 different requests, so I first thought we were getting the tradeable cloak XD imagine my disappointment when Sparkle shared the item description and it was just an invisible skin x)

Edit: both options are totally needed and appreciated ^-^

I also was not aware that there's so high demand for trading of cloak images when I suggested that.

Pretty much a landslide in the polls. Any timeline of when this could be implemented? I really want the Dragonmaster's Cloak but it was only obtainable during the dragon event...

The cloak was added with the server restart on July 23rd.

https://na.archerage.to/forums/inde...ode-to-recovery-arenas-changes-and-more.8867/

The following items are added to the Marketplace on the permanent basis:
  • Invisible Cloak (@ArcheRage custom)

No it wasn't... That is the untradeable cloak that serves to allow players to have no cloak skin. This poll is about having a tradeable cloak to skin other cloaks for selling purposes.

The one you point us towards is still bind on pickup.

Pretty much a landslide in the polls. Any timeline of when this could be implemented? I really want the Dragonmaster's Cloak but it was only obtainable during the dragon event...
As soon as it's implemented, information will be posted in the Updates thread.
As for the Dragonmaster's Cloak, it's a festival cloak and will be added to the game again when festival returns.

Back