What's new

Poll: PN/Pirates interfering in Halcyona - NEW

Do you think the Halcyona Battle needs a change ? (Please express your opinion when voting)

• I have a different solution to the issue (comment below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

trapwhre02

Okay, I've been thinking a while about whether this is necessary or not. I still am unsure, so I'd like to see affected players input about this issue.

Currently, Halcyona ends up in draws more often than ever. Reason for that is that a few players from Player Nation are interfering with the event and stagger the attacking process.
Basically, they pick on whoever is attacking a base, decimize their numbers until the point in which the attack has failed and people retreat. By doing this, they drag out the event for as long as it takes Halcyona to move into peace, resulting in a draw. Their goal is to farm as much honor and as many hostile faction kills (or just keep up the PvP for as long as possible).

Needless to say, they have great success at doing this. Keep in mind, I am speaking from the perspective of a West Faction player.

To illustrate where the issue (in my opinion) is, I'll be adding a screenshot of the map.
125b58db4ad159fff0f03ac75970aba0.png

The core issue is their respawn location, located inbetween both Factions bases. Killing players from PN is of little to no effect, as their spawn allows them to re-enter a fight within seconds. Regularly, when we (West) move out of our base, they sit in the community centre, wait for us to pass and then kill the people in our tail. People come to help and they Ravenspine / Invincibile dash back into city where they are protected by guards. It's a never ending cat and mouse game that PN players win a majority of the time. Entering or taking over a base in Halcyona is harder than ever with all of the AoE CC's introduced with Ancestral skills in 3.5. These skills tremendously slow down the progress of invading an enemies base, which gives PN plenty of time to pick out members of our raid one by one. The moment we turn around to fight them, East pushes out of the base and we fight on two fronts, losing the battle.
East as far as I am aware, has the same issues. From what I've seen, we are at the point in which East does not even bother leaving their base anymore (as they usually have a little lower numbers than we do), forcing West to attack over and over again only to have the same outcome.

People can now come up to me and tell me all sorts of things like "Theres a solution to this, just do this or that." Yes but try doing that with a PUG raid who refuse to join voice-chat or don't read calls at all. This is a faction event and you have people attending it that aren't as experienced in PvP. This makes the whole situation incredibly frustrating. I come to Halcyona to have some enjoyable PvP. Instead, we fight at two fronts and bang our heads against walls trying to enter an enemies base. Field Fights (the most enjoyable ones, take fights for the flag as an example) rarely happen anymore.

My proposed solution to the issue:
Force Pirates/PN's respawn outside of Halcyona (e.g. Sanddeep)

All we need is a higher penalty for deaths of PN players, which gives us time to focus our strenght towards our actual enemy. I am aware they can just port back to Halcyona, but the point I'm trying to make here is that I wish to see more time inbetween their death and their ability to appear back in fights.

If you have a better solution, or think this solution comes with issues themselves, if you want to speak out about how you feel, (curious especially about the opinion about east players), then leave a comment.
I believe my solution is a fair one, as it does not remove PN's ability to show up, neither does it penalize their intention to seek out for PvP. It will help Halcy not be an 1 - 1/2hrs long event, and makes people see actual success, instead of ending up in a draw over and over again, making people question what the point in showing up is at all.

Votes are public, if you don't even attend Halcyona, feel free to expose yourself by voting no and not commenting as to why.
Thanks.

I have done lots of halcy wars on retail, I never desired a different spawn point.

My question to you, @trapwhre02, is: did you take into account when PN are allied with either West or East? Is it then still even relevant to have this poll about spawning somewhere else than Halcyona, when there's the possibility they are in the same event as either West or East? Spawning outside the zone would be utterly garbage then >.>

It's fine as is. As you said we can just port back. This is a pvp event in a pvp game. Give all of us bases and let's have some real fun.

How about Halcy behaves more like the arenas in that it sets people on one team or another, and in this case it just puts people back to their original sides. Halcyona's entire thing is the battle of East vs West. Enter Halcy, you get put temporarily into the faction you started from. It's not like the 10v10 where you can drop the anchor for your team in order to sabotage so the other side can win. It's a full on fight of 1 side vs the other.

20. Your account goes to block if any attempt to sabotage a game event is done from your account.

You can report them, good luck.

Lol the devs should ban all of us in PN then. See how long the server lasts. Also should ban PN/Pirate/East/West for PVPing at CR and GR. Also for contesting bosses.

Heck can we just give Trapwhore admin rights so he can just spawn in gear for himself. Then maybe itll all be good.

Lol the devs should ban all of us in PN then. See how long the server lasts. Also should ban PN/Pirate/East/West for PVPing at CR and GR. Also for contesting bosses.

Heck can we just give Trapwhore admin rights so he can just spawn in gear for himself. Then maybe itll all be good.

Dont worry u are not special server will exist without you. Dont take me serious plz.
Anyway rule exist and can be used.

I have done lots of halcy wars on retail, I never desired a different spawn point.

My question to you, @trapwhre02, is: did you take into account when PN are allied with either West or East? Is it then still even relevant to have this poll about spawning somewhere else than Halcyona, when there's the possibility they are in the same event as either West or East? Spawning outside the zone would be utterly garbage then >.>

Fair point, might run into issues during alliances.

Wow more "I can't win please change the game so I can" talk. Halcy is fine.

My poll has barely has anything to do with "Waah we cannot win." If you would've taken your time to read all of it you'd realize it and not come here to write pointless comments. My point is that Halcyona is repetivive af at the moment. It's always West attacking East base, they don't even come out there anymore and hide inside their base away from mountain side to be safe from Easy. There aren't any open field fights anymore, East does not do anything at all. They're sitting in their base and enjoying to see us fail over and over again so it's to no surprise to me that they would vote against it. East isn't weak, their Pug knows how to use CC's unlike us and they have had plenty of successful attacks on our base in the past. So what are you afraid of ? This is a solution to help both sides, would you stop seeing it as an attempt to make it easier to make us win the event ? Because it's not as we'd both benefit equally from it. I don't think anyone enjoys the event lasting more than an hour and failing at the same task over and over again, also who are you even ?

It's fine as is. As you said we can just port back.

You failed to see my point entirely. It's all about increasing the time for PN's ability to re-appear in fights. I know they can just port back in, I've said it myself.

20. Your account goes to block if any attempt to sabotage a game event is done from your account.

You can report them, good luck.

I agree, it is sabotaging in one way as it is clearly supposed to be a battle between 2 Factions. But I assume this is not what falls under their definition of sabotage, neither do I want anyone banned. As I stated above I just want more penalty for killing them because there currently is next to none.

So you're a PN player. I assume you aren't any of the players who regularly appear the most, whose names I don't want to bring up, is that right ? Correct me if I'm wrong. But if you aren't any of them, why are you here ? These people are the people that interfere the most, anyone who just comes to Halcy to wipe people spawning in and then leave are not my issue.
Also what is that statement about me spawning in gear anyways ? Your comments to the topic are pointless and bring nothing to the table.

@Tako I've never seen you at Halcyona, neither did you leave a comment about your voting decision. Stop manipulating the votes because of your personal attitude against me as a player.

This is the newest iteration of a thread that has cropped up before about halcyona; I don't think outside factions should spawn outside the zone when killed. I do think other factions should get their own kill quest for halcyona, and that relics/guards should be immune to damage from all players except the opposing faction (east for west base, west for east base) except during alliances by one of the player nations in which the event should function as normal for them.

Other faction players go to halcyona to either a) troll frail players or b) try to find a good fight; I don't think discouraging pvp is a good idea in general in a pvp game no matter how much it hurts the feelings of players. No faction should also expect a free win in this as it is a "pvp event"; for a long time west won the second halcyona virtually unopposed and east won the first halcyona in the same manner. A lot of the sentiment against pn (either pn) about halcyona is that players grew accustomed to a 5-10 minute stomp for free medals.

I spent a long time on west doing halcyona both before and after the godawful flag-to-spawn-turrets change was put in, including when classic pn was hiding the flag up the river and when fortitude was getting outside support to zerg the back of the west base from GHA the moment immunity went down. I never felt like other players should be blocked from doing an event, although I previously expressed and maintain that other factions should not be able to end the event themselves.

Last edited:
Since Trpwhre closed his last thread as soon as I posted:

"Lol halcy is fine as it is, you're just bitter over your experience from when you were in PN"

For context, he has a vendetta against PN because while he was in the Pending Collapse PN he got called out for not ever coming to anything but being online and talking while big raids were happening. After he threw a fit and then got kicked he got on his girlfriend's account and tried to pretend to be her to get himself back in. When you take this into account it says a LOT about anything trpwhre does or says, so when voting be sure to take his actual intentions into account.

Mate use your brain, Pending Collapse is not interfering with Halcyona the slightest, I am talking about Endgame so bring up your false accusations and theories elsewhere.
The fact that you say my dislike against Pending Collapse made me open up this poll, even though they legit don't show up to Halcyona and aren't part of the problem in any ways (Endgame is), just shows your witchhunt towards me and that you'll do anything to get me upset.

I closed the thread to edit the poll and make votes public which I couldn't do once it was opened. Nothing of what you say is true and unless you can prove any of it (which you can't because I can prove otherwise), @Sparkle do me a favor and delete his post because he is spreading lies, doesn't add anything useful to the discussion, and takes part in a poll that is not affecting him in any way.

Last edited:
He wont manipulate none and anything.I have a beter idea whai not close PN in a castle and the set on fire lol i bett noone will mis them.Just joking lol idk what to say about that , i think we should let things how they are

The only ones that voted no r pns lol

yes I'm in PN, but that also means I've been on all sides of Halcy war over the past years. West, PN allied with East or West, PN without alliance. Lot's of perspectives there to support my opinion :p

Nothing important about the poll was even changed so sure lol. If you dont want pvp dont go to halcy, dont try to kill pvp for other people bud. Making votes visible changes nothing and I'm sure youd try to use it to discredit peoples votes for being in a PN or being pirate, every ones vote here matters not just east/west.

Back