What's new

Population.

TTParu

Hey,

I'm quite interested to play ArcheRage instead of the retail AA or AAU. But how populated is this PS? And is this also included EU servers?

Population here is very decent. But the best way for you to check is to try the server yourself.
We currently have 2 servers - this one (NA server) and one more that is RU/EU server (you can find it by typing "ru.archerage.to").
Server has custom updates every week and Support Pack for new players.
If you are interested in starting, I'd recommend you to read these 2 threads first:
- Server Features [LINK]
- FAQ [LINK]

Sparkle are both servers identical? I remember I tried the RU/EU server a long time ago and the NA changes (like the ability to buy high level seeds with gold as well as vocation) weren't in the RU/EU version.

Sparkle are both servers identical? I remember I tried the RU/EU server a long time ago and the NA changes (like the ability to buy high level seeds with gold as well as vocation) weren't in the RU/EU version.

Afaik they aren't identical, but very similar. It's different dev teams running them, so they make different choices in some regards.

Afaik they aren't identical, but very similar. It's different dev teams running them, so they make different choices in some regards.

Ah that's a shame. EU is actually a better time zone for me (I'm in Australia). But no matter. Thanks for the reply :)

Trixiy is correct about having a thick skin when it comes to the in game community. AA has always been a breeding ground for this because of the competitive nature of the game and different personality types that take part in it. In my opinion the most toxic times are when things are competitive like events or trade runs land/sea. I would compare it to trash talking in sports or other competitive events. You have some that are skilled but silent and others not so much. I myself enjoy the chat back and forth trash talk but I understand it isn't for everyone. I believe the community as a whole though is very helpful. Even the several of us that trash talk will also help new players with legit questions or help with various in game things. There are many generous , kind , and helpful people on this server. I hope to see you soon and good luck! If you need help or have questions message/mail me IGN: Threeve

The competitive nature of it is just fine, the majority of the game is also about pvp so one should be prepared for it, but the Toxicity from certain players, and to be honest only very few are THAT toxic .. and 99% from the same guild, so you will learn who they are and act accordingly (ignore, block, run lol) whatever, on the other hand you have players that help you out of the blue and without asking anything in return, its a good balance.

Gendgi is 100% correct! I fall into the 99% category but have no problem helping someone without getting something for it.

I would suggest to turn faction chat off all together especially if you play on the west side. Try joining a guild that is new player friendly and ask questions there. I have seen people get harassed, bullied, threatened and swore at in faction for no reason at all. That is why you will not see much talking there. If you leave faction chat on, don't join in on any conversations in it unless you want to open yourself up to be attacked and it really does not matter what you say either. There are people who will twist what you say and start a fight for the luz. And it is just a handful of people doing it but you will see who it is when you play.

Last edited:
I would suggest to turn faction chat off all together especially if you play on the west side. Try joining a guild that is new player friendly and ask questions there. I have seen people get harassed, bullied, threatened and swore at in faction for no reason at all. That is why you will not see much talking there. If you leave faction chat on, don't join in on any conversations in it unless you want to open yourself up to be attacked and it really does not matter what you say either. There are people who will twist what you say and start a fight for the luz. And it is just a handful of people doing it but you will see who it is when you play.

Quick guide for chat use:
  • local: use to insult your opponents (only applies to PvP)
  • shout: like local, but longer range
  • guild: this is the normal chat
  • raid: ignore General's directives
  • nation: mainly to search for raid and parties
  • trade: why sell here when can be used nation?
  • trial: max him!
  • faction: just for trolling
Don't forget to enable the sarcasm plugin.

Quick guide for chat use:
  • local: use to insult your opponents (only applies to PvP)
  • shout: like local, but longer range
  • guild: this is the normal chat
  • raid: ignore General's directives
  • nation: mainly to search for raid and parties
  • trade: why sell here when can be used nation?
  • trial: max him!
  • faction: just for trolling
Don't forget to enable the sarcasm plugin.
Pretty much this^ LUL

The servers are not identical.
Each one has different unique aspects about them

With the recent server update yesterday we accomplished the game data merging of 2 servers (that's why maintenance took much longer time than usually). Due to it some unique aspects of NA server were applied on RU/EU and we got some from theirs here.​

The amount of data we had to go through is huge so some aspects could be out of our attention. Due to it players noticed some of the differences. Majority of them were fixed with the server restart yesterday. You can find the details in the following thread.​

Some still may be present. So if player notice that something works not the way it was before, please inform me and we'll have that looked into.​

Why that game data merging was done? Both servers are now following the same game version and same updates, so to avoid double work, Devs made the changes that would no longer require data to be added separately to each server. So, as a result that will free up some time that they would be able to use to work on a new content.​
Though game data merging took place, that doesn't mean that we'll follow the same events timing. Each server will keep the events going in their own unique way.​

With the recent server update yesterday we accomplished the game data merging of 2 servers (that's why maintenance took much longer time than usually). Due to it some unique aspects of NA server were applied on RU/EU and we got some from theirs here.​

The amount of data we had to go through is huge so some aspects could be out of our attention. Due to it players noticed some of the differences. Majority of them were fixed with the server restart yesterday. You can find the details in the following thread.​

Some still may be present. So if player notice that something works not the way it was before, please inform me and we'll have that looked into.​

Why that game data merging was done? Both servers are now following the same game version and same updates, so to avoid double work, Devs made the changes that would no longer require data to be added separately to each server. So, as a result that will free up some time that they would be able to use to work on a new content.​
Though game data merging took place, that doesn't mean that we'll follow the same events timing. Each server will keep the events going in their own unique way.​

So both versions are pretty much the same now? If this is so, then I'm really excited.

I've quit playing AAU as of today (words can not describe the level of stuff up that company is capable of). So I've returned to ArcheRage.

I've rolled a new character, but because I'm a 'veteran' player (I created my account years ago when the server first opened) it seems I'm not eligible for the 'Divine' gear starter pack (which really hurts).

People have suggested that I should have my old account banned and start a new account. But I just can't bring myself to do that (I have too much on this account to just throw it all away).

So I'm wondering, can I create a new account for the RU/EU server and play there? Or do I have to use the same account (which kind of defeats the purpose)?

Back