What's new

Pvp tank/dps

Kaddaj

So i was wondering if Abolisher or Pally are still viable on 2.9.

Having serious problems dealing with mages as Abolisher....I may be a noob with the class any tips if im doing it wrong or is just normal to have troubles with against mages?

Eh. If you're wearing plate. Abo is naturally weaker to mages. However. Because of the glorious auramancy tree we have 3 different ways to reduce the magic damage we take by a ton. Make sure you learn when to use key cooldowns and abuse bull rush silence. Rotate CC and outplay their dumb aoe fear sleep thingy. Don't forget to grab bondbreaker for the EZ cc break. As well as other very useful auramancy skills. But remember, A mage SHOULD make you feel weak. Especially if you're in plate. If you want to strictly kill mages try something with a 2H and watch them melt and run from you.

So i was wondering if Abolisher or Pally are still viable on 2.9.

Having serious problems dealing with mages as Abolisher....I may be a noob with the class any tips if im doing it wrong or is just normal to have troubles with against mages?

Do leather. Plate isnt really that great except for some PvE bosses. Leather will give you equal physical and magical defense. As a mage, leather abolishers will destroy me 1v1 most of the time because they shrug my CC off and just stay all up in my grill.

If you're gonna wear plate, you'll need a few additional things. Obsidian lute will increase mdef. Go for the v2 obsidian shield, which gives pretty much pure mdef, but provides the functionality of a shield (ie, blocking attacks). Try to get weapons that increase your spirit in particular. You'll also need mdef gems, along with a costume that provides mdef. Plate wearers can hit 6-7k without too much trouble, and when combined with auramancy skills they can get temporary boosts. In addition to mdef pots, they can get pretty high up there.

Getting mdef is much easier than getting pdef. There are no secondary stats that boost pdef, unlike mdef, which is boosted by spirit (at 1 mdef per spirit point no less).

Redoubt + Liberation = Magic Shield
Works wonders in arena. I usually save my Conversion Shield for when my Magic Shield runs out

Back