What's new

Question about anti-cheat and people at the same internet service

BeautifulJoe

Basicly title. 2 players have been playing from the very same house, literally rooms appart with the same internet.

So my math is, chill we are not banned and not comming here to suck dick for an unban, just afraid to log while my buddy is online because the anti cheat could pass the secondary log in as an alt given same IP adress but different HWID since.

Any response i could get @IronLady @Sparkle ? That way i could log in peacefully

As long as its from a different computer you are fine

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    68.2 KB · Views: 336
Its easy to see the difference between 2 players on 2 computers, and 1 players with 2 account on 2 computers. In one situation the gold/etc is sent mainly to one account, in the other both players do their own things.

Actually that isnt entirely against the rules, the question i asked was: If my son could play on a separate computer to play farmer (he loves my cows), i also stated that the materials would obviously be going to me (as its my land and he is only 10 so wont be entering combat etc).

The reply i got back above states it would be fine, as long as the account is played by him, on a different machine.

I was actually worried about this since my brother might start up soon. Didn't want to get banned for multi account.

That would be hard to prove, i mean if your kid is only logged in to tend to your "cows" or farm then sends you the materials, no offense but it's still an alt account.

I mean i have girlfriend that could do the same thing, but in the end they are not really playing the game they are just a second account for yourself child/girlfriend or not.

Okay since everyone's dancing around the situation with out saying it out right i'll do it for you guys.

The question is, "Can i have a second account on a different machine and just use it as an alt farmer to save myself labor and lie to everyone else and say that it's a friend / wife / co-worker / child etc..."

The answer to this is yes, obviously. As long as it's on a separate machine you can 2 box just fine. It's a shame that this server condones it in the same sense that a gold seller get's banned but the person buying the gold doesn't get banned. It's a stupid rule and completely defeats the purpose of having the rule in the first place.

I'm pretty sure you're wrong.

It's happening all the time, people are just lying and saying that it's their 10 y/o kid or it's their wife or it's their co-worker's at a lan party or something stupid and the admins have no choice but to take them at face value. Just make up a lie that's somewhat "believeable" for what you're doing with the account and you're fine.

EDIT - now if you're actually dumb enough to figure out how to log in 2 accounts at the same time on the same machine, that my friend is a bannable offense.

Well if you think it's fine and are dumb enough to try it go ahead and let me know lol.

Edit i personally rather not risk my land barron status in hellswamp and my gold and such.

I'm telling you how people do it since that's why t his thread was started in the first place. since 1 account isn't good enough for some people they feel like they have to come here and perform the same way they do on Trion.

downplay it all you want, it's happening and the only people that care are the one's actually playing legit.

That would be hard to prove, i mean if your kid is only logged in to tend to your "cows" or farm then sends you the materials, no offense but it's still an alt account.

I mean i have girlfriend that could do the same thing, but in the end they are not really playing the game they are just a second account for yourself child/girlfriend or not.

It's an alt in the same way as playing with a friend from across the world, doing trade runs with them everyday. Then at the end of the week they give you all the money, because they are geared they dont need it so you use it to yolo a weapon.

It's exactly the same thing. As long as it 2 separate players doing, 2 separate activities and on 2 separate machines. It technically doesn't matter where the money ends up, people give other large amounts of money each day, people also play on the same farms and feed each other. I know players who are grouped with friends that share the same 10 piece of land and gear each other. They are not classed as alts.

But by you definition, everyone who helps someone or plays together should be classed as alts.

Back