What's new

Question about armor/weapons in ArcheRage

Achilleslastand

Was a brand new player to Archeage when I purchased a pack for Unchained and started playing. Found this server watching YT videos and thought it seems interesting although being basically new to the game I have some questions.
Does armor/weapons progression work the same as in Unchained?
Do you start with 1 armor set and upgrade/awaken/repeat/Hiram like Unchained or?
Is there any point to crafting/buying/selling weapons on the Auction House?

Don't know about Unchained but this server is running on a custom 4.5 version if I am not mistaken (no Hiram yet) so it might be different, regarding the buying selling weapons, yes ofc, as long as you are willing to put time on it

We are on a custom 4.0 patch, meaning no hiram (yet). Hiram is 4.5 so in about 5-6 months estimated.

Your gearing choices are:
Crafted (delphinad, ayanad, erenor..)
Obsidian (t1-t7)
Boss gear (anthalon set)
Dungeon (cloth tk belt, immune sleeves and a bunch of weapons for their actives)
Auroria

And a few other things. So you have plenty of freedom how to gear your character. While it might be confusing for new players at first, it's part of the sandbox elements people miss in Unchained.

1 and 2 are just about the same question. In AAU you have one set and one set only, from the start. There are a few more choices here. If you're brand new to this server, and you need to be, you can request a support pack with a set of divine T5 obsidian and a farm wagon (4+1) to help you start.

3, you can craft, regrade, and sell weapons and armor at the AH. They do sell, but its not a high demand market.

As a sidenote, unlike Legacy and/or AAU, multiple accounts, and particularly multiboxing on here, gets you permabanned.

Last edited:
We are on a custom 4.0 patch, meaning no hiram (yet). Hiram is 4.5 so in about 5-6 months estimated.

Your gearing choices are:
Crafted (delphinad, ayanad, erenor..)
Obsidian (t1-t7)
Boss gear (anthalon set)
Dungeon (cloth tk belt, immune sleeves and a bunch of weapons for their actives)
Auroria

And a few other things. So you have plenty of freedom how to gear your character. While it might be confusing for new players at first, it's part of the sandbox elements people miss in Unchained.

Thank you, the gearing options in Unchained seem to be very restricted and this answer as well as the others seem to clear it up to me. As I mentioned earlier I am completely new to the game and there is quite a bit of information to take in/learn.

Back