What's new

Question about Erenor Synthesis rates

vulgrr

Alright so I've been racking my brains trying to figure out why the XP rates for items fed erenor are so weird on this version....

I know there was supposed to be a 30% reduction in TOTAL XP per level initially for a 5% power nerf on erenor, and that the power nerf was recently reverted for our 4.7 patch, but a supposedly the 30% levelling nerf remained (I think?? someone needs to confirm this), but that's unimportant.

Here is my confusion....

Videos I've seen (but for unknown versions like 3.5 or 4.0) for archeage show VASTLY different rates per item synthesis XP, and maybe an Admin can help clarify things here.

A quick pre-amble, here are the rates I've managed to secure for OUR version, which details what XP is provided to the Erenor at what grade the item is that is being fed.

Illustrious @....

Basic - unable to confirm
Grand - unable to confirm
Rare - unable to confirm
Arcane - 62 XP
Heroic - 67 XP
Unique - 72 XP
Celestial - 77 XP

Epherium @
Basic - unable to confirm
Grand - unable to confirm
Rare - unable to confirm
Arcane - DID NOT CONFIRM
Heroic - 452 XP
Unique - 485 XP
Celestial - 517 XP
Divine - 549 XP

Eph is classified as a T3 craft, Illustrious as T1

For T1 crafts, the rate of XP rises by 5 per grade on our server as far as I can tell. However, being unable to confirm Basic, Grand and Rare, I could not see what it started at....
For T3 crafts, the rate of XP rises by 32 to 33 per grade on our server (quite possibly a decimal point that isn't displayed)

Now, the XP rates above are what I was able to confirm as going into an erenor. Here's the weird part....they're off by over half, and in some cases 3/4 of what the XP rates were on live....for example.....

shows a person going from Basic to Legendary....(UNKNOWN ARCHEAGE VERSION HOWEVER, POSSIBLY 3.5)

IGNORING the Basic-Rare (as I didn't record data for that to compare against our version), an Arcane Erenor is fed a bunch of Arcane Illustrious items....

In our version, Arcane Illustrious provides a mere 62XP, in the video each arcane is worth 257XP per item...our version *barely provides 1/4th (24%)* the XP of other game versions

Epherium has a slightly different scaling here, as in the video Heroic Ephium supplies 1166 XP, and our version supplies *452 XP, a mere 38% of the XP* provided by other game versions.

So my question is, what's up with these really small chunks of XP per item going into the Erenor? Is this a result of the patch, or a mistake in math somewhere? There is no mention in the patch notes (I have the original from Scapes and ours) of such a severe reduction in XP, and unfortunately, I cannot compare this to older versions of our own game because I only got an Erenor in our 4.7 patch....

The erenor nerf was 10 on weapons 5% on armor.

That nerf was lifted however the 30% reduction was kept

Each patch also changed the amount of exp provided by specific pieces

Ok, so there are zero mentions in the 4.7 patch notes for our server AND on the official server of such a severe reduction. Presumably, our earlier patches provided the levels of XP shown in the video I linked above.

Patch 4.7 increases the required items for erenor feeding by more than 2x in some cases. Can we discuss maybe putting it back to normalized rates, or pre 4.7 rates? I understand the power nerf was removed, which is fine and all, but in it's place, even considering the custom 30% XP nerf, we're basically still right back to where we were, as if the Erenor required it's original 100% of the XP and had not been nerfed at all....

The 30% reduction was a custom change to go with the stat nerf.
It will be kept

These are the exp values which were changed to in 4.5

• Basic -- T3: 230, T4: 313, T5: 498, T6: 773.
• Grand -- T3: 253, T4: 344, T5:548 , T6: 850.
• Rare -- T3: 276, T4: 376, T5: 598, T6: 928.
• Arcane -- T3: 299, T4: 407, T5: 647, T6: 1005.
• Heroic -- T3: 322, T4: 438, T5: 697, T6: 1082.
• Unique -- T3: 345, T4: 470, T5: 747, T6: 1160.
• Celestial -- T3: 368, T4: 501, T5: 797, T6: 1237.
• Divine -- T3: 391, T4: 532, T5: 847, T6: 1314.
• Epic -- T3: 414, T4: 563, T5: 896, T6: 1391.
• Legendary -- T3: 437, T4: 595, T5: 946, T6: 1469.
• Mythic -- T3: 460, T4: 626, T5: 996, T6: 1546.
• Eternal -- T3: 483, T4: 657, T5: 1046, T6: 1623.

Crafted Items
• Basic -- Apprentice: 35, Illustrious: 48, Magnificent: 168, Epherium: 323, Delphinad: 920.
• Grand -- Apprentice: 39, Illustrious: 53, Magnificent: 185, Epherium: 355, Delphinad: 1012.
• Rare -- Apprentice: 42, Illustrious: 58, Magnificent: 202, Epherium: 388, Delphinad: 1104.
• Arcane -- Apprentice: 46, Illustrious: 62, Magnificent: 218, Epherium: 420, Delphinad: 1196.
• Heroic -- Apprentice: 49, Illustrious: 67, Magnificent: 235, Epherium: 452, Delphinad: 1288.
• Unique -- Apprentice: 53, Illustrious: 72, Magnificent: 252, Epherium: 485, Delphinad: 1380.
• Celestial -- Apprentice: 56, Illustrious: 77, Magnificent: 269, Epherium: 517, Delphinad: 1472.
• Divine -- Apprentice: 60, Illustrious: 82, Magnificent: 286, Epherium: 549, Delphinad: 1564.
• Epic -- Apprentice: 63, Illustrious: 86, Magnificent: 302, Epherium: 581, Delphinad: 1656.
• Legendary -- Apprentice: 67, Illustrious: 91, Magnificent: 319, Epherium: 614, Delphinad: 1748.
• Mythic -- Apprentice: 70, Illustrious: 96, Magnificent: 336, Epherium: 646, Delphinad: 1840.
• Eternal -- Apprentice: 74, Illustrious: 101, Magnificent: 353, Epherium: 678, Delphinad: 1932.

Thanks for that, I wasn't personally aware of a 4.5 change to XP levels...

As we have retroactively changed how Erenor works (again), I'd like to open discussion about putting XP rates back to at least 4.0 levels.

Even considering the 30% nerf, when you factor in these changes from 4.5, it may (and from some quick, imperfect math, DOES) actually exceed the original required effort to make an Erenor now (that's some lengthy math to perform for a 100% confirmation however)

I found this chart that has 4.0 values. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...-KaZiAaX9DIbdGEyfRM8S-gh4/edit#gid=1230459925 and I'd like to do a hearty discussion of bringing it back to these values. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to play much for the 4.0 or 4.5 patch due to some IRL issues, so I missed out on the glory days of creating erenors (which are abundant in Legendary and Mythic form on this server at time of posting, a lot of which came from pre 4.5 versions)

These are different from the video in my original post, which means that the values have changed several times by Trion, a kingpin in the world of making Archeage a swipe to win shitfest of artificial time gates.

You can do a discussion in this thread.
however be aware crafting gear has had its changes as of 3.5/4.0
Being gear crystalisation, regrade rate increases, erenor beginning grade, condensed crafting levels and number of other changes

The reduced exp was made to accommodate for these changes.

Thanks for that, I wasn't personally aware of a 4.5 change to XP levels...

As we have retroactively changed how Erenor works (again), I'd like to open discussion about putting XP rates back to at least 4.0 levels.

Even considering the 30% nerf, when you factor in these changes from 4.5, it may (and from some quick, imperfect math, DOES) actually exceed the original required effort to make an Erenor now (that's some lengthy math to perform for a 100% confirmation however)

I found this chart that has 4.0 values. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...-KaZiAaX9DIbdGEyfRM8S-gh4/edit#gid=1230459925 and I'd like to do a hearty discussion of bringing it back to these values. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to play much for the 4.0 or 4.5 patch due to some IRL issues, so I missed out on the glory days of creating erenors (which are abundant in Legendary and Mythic form on this server at time of posting, a lot of which came from pre 4.5 versions)

These are different from the video in my original post, which means that the values have changed several times by Trion, a kingpin in the world of making Archeage a swipe to win shitfest of artificial time gates.
The change was indicated in the 4.5 patch notes when they were released, might have to scroll a bit.

I'm not sure if it was said anywhere in the notes, but the materials required to craft epherium/delphinads was also heavily reduced in 4.5 patch if I recall correctly, so the experience values of those were reduced a bit to compensate, I believe ayanad is still the same. You would have to compare experience value : material requirement ratios from 4.0 and 4.5 to get an accurate idea.

In 5.0? there will be another update to item synthesis values that is dependent on not only the grade of the item you're feeding, but also the type/class of item (a ring will not give the same experience as a staff, even if they are both divine ayanad). It will also allow you to feed any type item to anything, so you could feed some leather guards to your erenor bow, for example.

I could be incorrect but I'm pretty sure all except for maybe one or two of the mythic erenors on here were created post 4.5? Legendary erenors weren't uncommon in 4.0 but have also been popping up everywhere after 4.5, especially after the most recent un-nerf.

Ok, so there are zero mentions in the 4.7 patch notes for our server AND on the official server of such a severe reduction. Presumably, our earlier patches provided the levels of XP shown in the video I linked above.

Patch 4.7 increases the required items for erenor feeding by more than 2x in some cases. Can we discuss maybe putting it back to normalized rates, or pre 4.7 rates? I understand the power nerf was removed, which is fine and all, but in it's place, even considering the custom 30% XP nerf, we're basically still right back to where we were, as if the Erenor required it's original 100% of the XP and had not been nerfed at all....
To be fair, where erenor feeding is expensive, ie: post epic, you were rarely going to be using something other than ayanads (which didn't change 4.0 -> 4.5), if ever, regardless of the patch. Erenor is still theoretically much easier to make in comparison to live when it was on the same patch as us, which is what we should really be looking at.

Erenors also started spitting out at Arcane as of 4.5, so any minor differences in the cost of synthesizing an erenor at lower grades most likely balances out since you're getting 3 grades further into your weapon now.

Erenor exp for lower grades was nerfed, yes, but erenor crafted after 4.5 starts at arcane grade instead of having to level from basic, which among other changes evens things out
It's always important to look at the whole picture instead of comparing specific details, the only issue with erenor feeding rn is the miniscule exp high tier obsidian items give compared to crafted that give more for less, but that isn't something specific to this server

Back