What's new

Quick question

theleyline

Is there still a quest somewhere to get a free 8x8? I read that it's supposed to be at the blue salt npc in Halcyona but they don't have any quests and can't be spoken to. I'm a 52 dwarf. Thanks

Yes you should be in Solisa in Halcyona and it opens at lv30. It is a long questline, but when you get to Sun's End you will already receive the garden from the quest there.

oh I see, I did the first quest and then dropped the second in the chain because you have to be 52 to process the item for the quest and I was under that at the time.

oh I see, I did the first quest and then dropped the second in the chain because you have to be 52 to process the item for the quest and I was under that at the time.

Aye that will happen to most people, the lv30 requirement from retail clashes with the AR requirement to be lv52 to craft x)

There are a few quests that fall foul of this lvl 52 business. Make hereafter stones, Processing grain, main quest line need 5 cactus and 5 thistles sorry your lvs too low. Suggest buying cactus from auction, no chance, can't grow them because 8x8 quest can't be completed.

Nice idea but it's stopping players from playing normally. I've got my char to lvl 49 but, it's getting really boring now not being able to do the quests in order and move on.

Nice idea but it's stopping players from playing normally. I've got my char to lvl 49 but, it's getting really boring now not being able to do the quests in order and move on.

If you had asked in your nation chat about what to do in regards to leveling, they would've told you to just ask someone to level you up once you hit 45. You can get from there to ancestral 10 with a little help in 20 minutes, giving you access to all ancestral skills and labor use.

you came to an MMO expecting a single-player experience? lmoa

tbh getting help for 20min and then already worrying about having to "rely" on others? kinda funny in itself.

Also @traal plenty events require you to then rely on others because you'll need raids to do stuff. Yea maybe don't play an MMO but find and RPG.

There are a few quests that fall foul of this lvl 52 business. Make hereafter stones, Processing grain, main quest line need 5 cactus and 5 thistles sorry your lvs too low. Suggest buying cactus from auction, no chance, can't grow them because 8x8 quest can't be completed.

Did you try asking in nation chat? Everyone's been through the same thing you have im sure anyone would be willing to give you the 5 plants needed for quest.
Agreed that the 52 requirement for spending labor makes some of these quests a bit wonky, but getting to 52 takes like 5 hours then youre completely free.

As to your point about not wanting to rely on other players... this is completely the wrong game for that. Needing other players to accomplish tasks is what makes this game great and allows for such good friendships to be made. Give it a chance!

Back