What's new

Rebalance Auroria mobs

TripleDip

So I wanted to bring an issue to light that seems to be swept under the rug.
Remove the immune armor from ehm mobs, and do a minor buff to auroria mobs for honor like they used to have. My reason for this is that this server has prided itself before on higher loot rates, but now is following a path of live service that just makes zero sense. I understand it was done as an attempt to make melee less easy to farm, but then why does the mobs have 7 second immune timers on magic damage and other damage per classes too. In a game design sense, I've never seen a single pve style mob that decides to immune, then proceed to one shot the player. It makes for honestly (and sorry for the negative here) really shit and frustrating experience. I and I know a lot of others have enjoyed the aspect of moderately boosted honor rates, and being able to grind ehm mobs, as they were already pretty difficult to do solo. All that change did was to block people from actually being able to grind and enjoy themselves.

And I know the argument is going to be brought up "Ehm elites shouldn't be farmable" then why is it a patch from now, garden mobs can be, yet they hit even harder than ehm elites. Game design in mind, this was a terrible change and should be looked into again. And stemming into the area of honor and the argument being "you can farm to much". We already have boosted honor from events and other sources, but why remove it from mobs? I for one love the idea of being able to grind as much as I'd like, it gives a lot of players more of a reason to play without being time gated by everything else Archeage as a game has to offer. XL games has a terrible habit of nerfing things into the ground because they don't want things to be farmable, but I firmly believe that's just terrible game design, and funds a terrible game philosophy.

As for the Auroria mobs being nerfed in terms of honor gain, I also believe this was done in the same attempt to block players from grinding in any of the zones listed:

*Whalesong
*Western hiram mountains
*Eastern hiram mountains
*Aegis island

These zones were nerfed HEAVILY yet the castle zones reward the old amount of honor, but are gated by who owns the castle, which is fair in its own right as the zones have to be purified, but it just makes zero sense to have these changes for the other zones as an attempt to prevent progress, which is the main selling point of an MMO. Another topic I wanted to comb over was the fact that moving forward into garden the mobs health and damage gets into the 300k hp and they can cc and do 1 shots too, in that area moving forward if possible, can that be looked into. Honestly it makes little no no sense why pve mobs in an mmo should be so difficult to kill, yet the max damage cap for players is 150k which in terms of balance to a mob that can one shot if they cc you or immune all your damage off the first hit for over 5 seconds like its a player is just disgusting. Its extremely unfair to any class that a mob is able to immune all of their damage and then gank them even when they are max gear. progression and farming are 2 major keys to any mmo, and its obvious that was not apart of XL's idea, because they thought it could hold more players hostage for longer in the game, but honestly lead to a huge exodus of players quitting over such a frustrating experience for hiram gearing.

As said before, this actively promotes players to not even want to utilize the zone for its intended purpose. and that is farming, Interaction with other players as in PVP, progression locking to dailies, and locking honor out due to frustrating and terrible immune mechanics. I personally think the cc is already extremely frustrating as it gets you killed a lot even when you are extremely high in gear. I loved the experience that farming in Auroria brings in terms of player interaction. and this is severely negative in that sense.

TLDR- Rebalance or un nerf the changes done to mobs in Auroria as it kills any drive for players to enjoy grinding instead of being locked by dailies and time locked content. Its bad game design and I think being a private server, that can be held to a better standard. And look into taking the immune proc's off mobs as its an absolutely awful game design choice made to impede players.

EHM mobs are designed to not be solo killed because of how high infusion rates were for the mobs. Amplified by our boosted drop rates.
They're designed to be farmed in a party.

Our stance towards this hasn't changed and the mobs will remain as they are.

Elites and in the coming patch garden mobs for Exalted Hiram infusions are just 1 gear progression method.

Back