What's new

Reducing kraken timer 3h to 1h.

idk, the post title is clear, do we want to reduce the timer to match with the live server?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As Sjinderson said in another post, we should start a poll to involve the playerbase and decided if we want to reduce the kraken spawn time, currently the kraken is with a timer of 3h instead 1h live in the official servers.

Why reduce the kraken timer from 3 hours to 1?

REAL LIFE, most of the players have other things to do, work, study, sleep but they still want to join raids pvp and die many times, the days and the times that the kraken spawns isn't the major issue, sitting on a boss 3 hours 3 days a week, it is a major problem.

According to Sjinderson the kraken keeps dying under 1 hour so there isn't really any point to keep the kraken timer for 3 hours when only 1 hour is needed to kill it.

it gets killed in under an hour because none of you show up to contest. if its contested properly, it wont get killed for a bit. this post makes zero sense at all. if you cant spend time to contest, then you don't deserve it. Changing it just to be negative is dumb, pvp is a main selling point of this game. Just pvp??

it gets killed in under an hour because none of you show up to contest. if its contested properly, it wont get killed for a bit. this post makes zero sense at all. if you cant spend time to contest, then you don't deserve it.
1653864603637.png

Can't actually win the content so go to the forums to try to change it. This shit is getting old
It is mostly about making it more confortable for players in general, i don't think that sitting on a contested kraken for 3 hours 3 days a week is great for everyone, specially on tuesdays because people need to study/work next day.

I know you like to think its because of "winning the content" but i don't think we are going to get any benefit from reducing the timer from 3h to 1h as it is on the official servers, it can still be contested and denied as usual, even people that join raids to contest think it's a bad idea because it give us less chances to fuck up but that's fine.

3 krakens in a week and each of them is 3h of spawn time, pvp and contesting is going to stay the same.

I even remember some of your guildies some time ago requesting for sunday kraken/bd to be removed because it is too much and nobody was contesting you back then, it's all about making spawn times more confortable for players, including your guildies.

It is mostly about making it more confortable for players in general, i don't think that sitting on a contested kraken for 3 hours 3 days a week is great for everyone, specially on tuesdays because people need to study/work next day.

I know you like to think its because of "winning the content" but i don't think we are going to get any benefit from reducing the timer from 3h to 1h as it is on the official servers, it can still be contested and denied as usual, even people that join raids to contest think it's a bad idea because it give us less chances to fuck up but that's fine.

3 krakens in a week and each of them is 3h of spawn time, pvp and contesting is going to stay the same.

I even remember some of your guildies some time ago requesting for sunday kraken/bd to be removed because it is too much and nobody was contesting you back then, it's all about making spawn times more confortable for players, including your guildies.
they wanted the timer changed back to be on Thursday because nobody contested after 2 weeks when they changed these timers and nobody wanted to wake up at 9am for bd

3 hours is too long for us casuals. Even if it was 2 hours.
Don't think kraken was meant for casuals anyway. Isn't the topdog supposed to kill it? If you can't stay the full duration then it sounds like a you problem.

I also just really don't think it should be changed anyway. Kraken is the only boss people ever actually show to once in a while. Perhaps if people showed to contest every day, the possibility of reducing the timer would be plausible but it's not. It's really just a battle of attrition. It always has been. Anyone else remember 8 hour krakens? :)

Your arguments don’t really make any sense. Are you somehow needing 3 hours to kill it? Why does it matter to you if it’s 3 hours or 1 hour. Are you hoping people will get tired and leave so you can get to kill it on days west actually comes to contest?
We’re just saying apart from your guild people don’t want to play the game like it’s a job. A 1 or 2 hour pvp session is enough.

it gets killed in under an hour because none of you show up to contest. if its contested properly, it wont get killed for a bit. this post makes zero sense at all. if you cant spend time to contest, then you don't deserve it. Changing it just to be negative is dumb, pvp is a main selling point of this game. Just pvp??
expand...
Definitly.
If u dont have time for it in first place u dont't need to join. The Spawn time is pretty fair+ its spawning on weekends so a huge amount of player can join easily... Also People on this server and especially West Players always ask for PVP...now u get 3h of Fun PVP and suddenly its to much? West got a huge amount of players now. For me it sounds more like a " We cant kill it so let it better despawn so no one gets it while its beeing contested" Kinda mehh

dont see a problem :) if its killed under 1h and "West" dont contest it, it change only the Despawn Time and still gets killed and if it gets contested everybody lose only 1h of his/her life then 3h

Definitly.
If u dont have time for it in first place u dont't need to join. The Spawn time is pretty fair+ its spawning on weekends so a huge amount of player can join easily... Also People on this server and especially West Players always ask for PVP...now u get 3h of Fun PVP and suddenly its to much? West got a huge amount of players now. For me it sounds more like a " We cant kill it so let it better despawn so no one gets it while its beeing contested" Kinda mehh
East calls everytime for "Where is the PVP" not West dont mix it up

Your arguments don’t really make any sense. Are you somehow needing 3 hours to kill it? Why does it matter to you if it’s 3 hours or 1 hour. Are you hoping people will get tired and leave so you can get to kill it on days west actually comes to contest?
We’re just saying apart from your guild people don’t want to play the game like it’s a job. A 1 or 2 hour pvp session is enough.
You wouldn't get a full 1-2 hour kraken PvP session every kraken. Not sure if you're new, but kraken fights are about a fight ever 20-30 minutes, and rebuffing in between. Making it an hour would just virtually guarantee no one gets the boss because of how easy it is to contest and how long it takes to really get 'control' of it to a manageable degree. (I know some of you haven't done kraken in a while/ever, but initial aggro table is really wonky.)

I voted yes on this thread because I really just want to see how many "Admins, can you please change X feature for us, please?" we can get before you guys realize that the problem is player related, not server related. Remember when everyone voted to change Sunday Kraken timers to super early morning for US so that EU might be able to show up? You know who never showed up and swapped servers? The people who requested the change.

East calls everytime for "Where is the PVP" not West dont mix it up
Not sure if you remember but there was a solid 5 month period just this year where west relic would die @ 12 minutes in halcy because the protection dropped. You won't see a VT/FB member complaining about the new-found resurgence on the west, it's familiar territory, champ. Not sure if you remember the The Great East and West alliance to fight the big-bad pirates at Kraken (for 3 hours btw) that I think resulted in you guys getting a kill. Sure, it took 120 people to fight off 20, but you guys can do it!

Btw, #1 Climber of the pre-game Halcy Tree.

hatefromoutside.gif

I could agree with reducing it down to 2h timer but moving kraken which takes a long time to kill contested (even without it resetting) but having it down to 1hour would make it virtually impossible to kill unless completely uncontested. This shit of changing world bosses and their timers is getting old.

I don't think yall realize no one will kill it at all, as opposed to the opposition having more time to contest and kill it lmao. Has any change yall requested worked in the past?

And if the reason is "i cant go cus irl" wouldnt it be more beneficial to extend so more people have the chance to go? #8hourkrakens

It’s not a case of can’t go cause irl. It’s a case of’ most people don’t have 3 hours at a time to spend sitting on their ass in a video game. Agreed 1 hour might be too short. 3 is too long. 2 hours is definitely do-able. Also , on the days west contests who actually pulls the kraken?

It’s not a case of can’t go cause irl. It’s a case of’ most people don’t have 3 hours at a time to spend sitting on their ass in a video game. Agreed 1 hour might be too short. 3 is too long. 2 hours is definitely do-able. Also , on the days west contests who actually pulls the kraken?
if you dont have time to go for the full duration, then only go for the time you can. it's the same as going to a party, you dont expect the host to change the time cus you only plan to stay for 1 hour lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back