What's new

Reducing kraken timer 3h to 1h.

idk, the post title is clear, do we want to reduce the timer to match with the live server?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It also shouldn't just be him answering that question.

I'm aware he's the OP of this thread, but it should be everyone who voted 'yes' saying that they would show up and contest/fight/kill the boss, not just one dude. Don't want to be that one guy, but some of the people who voted yes either have vastly different names to their IGN, or have never been to the boss to begin with.

And just to not be a hypocrite: As a Yes-Voter, I will show up and contest the boss.
Well of course it wouldn't be based off just his answer.

But when responding to Sparkles question with trying to get margin reduced even further and not answering the question of would you then show up. Its a needless remark that just shows us its just an attempt at getting the boss to despawn sooner for spite and not to promote more activity at the boss.

After reading everyone's responses, I too agree with the 2H timer. Though this is the opinion of someone who is just now planning to show up to Kraken and whose experience at the event was during 3.0/3.5 on this server. (I just now hit 14k GS and won't be immediately one-shotted upon going 😊)

I also disagree with this "war of attrition" idea. One side winning because enough of the enemies raid had to leave due to IRL obligations isn't fun or competitive for anyone involved. Who wants to win because a raid lost 10 – 20% of their people due to things outside of the game? A 2H timer is much easier for everyone to digest and makes it more likely a side wins due to skill/coordination. I also think people would be more likely to go to kraken if they know they can start and finish the event.

This part may be a little off-topic, but why not open a new thread/discussion about adding something to this event to make more people want to show up regardless of the timer? It is obvious that a lot of players don't show up. This means they value their time spent in-game doing other things.

Arguing about the boss timer is missing the mark.

Time should be spent either:

A. Communicating the present value of going to Kraken to the entire server populace. - With the goal of getting a bigger turnout

B. Adding and/or changing this event to make it fresh/better so that people will value going to this event over the other things they could be doing in this game. - with the goal of getting a bigger turnout and potentially adding something cool and unique to get more people to roll this server.

This discussion over boss timers is important. But it does not address the root cause. It is not JUST a timer that keeps people from coming out.

After reading everyone's responses, I too agree with the 2H timer. Though this is the opinion of someone who is just now planning to show up to Kraken and whose experience at the event was during 3.0/3.5 on this server. (I just now hit 14k GS and won't be immediately one-shotted upon going 😊)

I also disagree with this "war of attrition" idea. One side winning because enough of the enemies raid had to leave due to IRL obligations isn't fun or competitive for anyone involved. Who wants to win because a raid lost 10 – 20% of their people due to things outside of the game? A 2H timer is much easier for everyone to digest and makes it more likely a side wins due to skill/coordination. I also think people would be more likely to go to kraken if they know they can start and finish the event.

This part may be a little off-topic, but why not open a new thread/discussion about adding something to this event to make more people want to show up regardless of the timer? It is obvious that a lot of players don't show up. This means they value their time spent in-game doing other things.

Arguing about the boss timer is missing the mark.

Time should be spent either:

A. Communicating the present value of going to Kraken to the entire server populace. - With the goal of getting a bigger turnout

B. Adding and/or changing this event to make it fresh/better so that people will value going to this event over the other things they could be doing in this game. - with the goal of getting a bigger turnout and potentially adding something cool and unique to get more people to roll this server.

This discussion over boss timers is important. But it does not address the root cause. It is not JUST a timer that keeps people from coming out.
I think a glider that's worth more than the current gold trade limit should be enough incentive to come and try to kill it. That's not including the best weapon swaps in the game

Well of course it wouldn't be based off just his answer.

But when responding to Sparkles question with trying to get margin reduced even further and not answering the question of would you then show up. Its a needless remark that just shows us its just an attempt at getting the boss to despawn sooner for spite and not to promote more activity at the boss.

We are already showing up for kraken if that's what Sparkle wants to know, not every single kraken because as we said, 3h for every kraken is kinda crazy

Timers updates will be posted soon. Wait for the weekly updates announcement. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back