What's new

Reducing kraken timer 3h to 1h.

idk, the post title is clear, do we want to reduce the timer to match with the live server?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that 3 hours is excessive at this point in the game's life. Uncontested it takes 15-20 minutes to kill but contested, it is (for example) an hour or 90 min of pvp but then turns into a waiting game to see who gets bored and leaves first. That's not exactly compelling gameplay 3 times a week, for drops and gold that are no longer nearly as game-changing as they were even a year ago. That said, I feel like 1 hour maybe isn't long enough because of how easily it can be reset. If the goal is to increase participation from multiple factions while making the boss killable but also still challenging, perhaps a compromise of 2 hours would be a better place to start
have you killed it nowadays? i WISH it was only 15-20 mins lol

I agree that 3 hours is excessive at this point in the game's life. Uncontested it takes 15-20 minutes to kill but contested, it is (for example) an hour or 90 min of pvp but then turns into a waiting game to see who gets bored and leaves first. That's not exactly compelling gameplay 3 times a week, for drops and gold that are no longer nearly as game-changing as they were even a year ago. That said, I feel like 1 hour maybe isn't long enough because of how easily it can be reset. If the goal is to increase participation from multiple factions while making the boss killable but also still challenging, perhaps a compromise of 2 hours would be a better place to start

You have clearly never killed kraken uncontested.. LMAO
Decreasing the time to 2 hours won't help increase participation at all if the people you are referring to don't show up in the first place.

have you killed it nowadays? i WISH it was only 15-20 mins lol
No I haven't cuz Im rarely online that late, but when I am the global announce of kraken dying comes through well within 30 minutes of its spawn. Unless you all are psychic and know which spot its spawning at, have your boats up and immediately start firing the second it spawns, it'll take yall a few minutes to get organized before you actually start killing it.. which would put you around the 15-20 min mark for how long it takes you to kill the boss.

And I see three snarky responses to my time estimate, but nobody posting how long you say it really takes which makes me think you don't actually know how quickly you down it.

And yes, bae, I think a shorter despawn timer will help increase participation because most people dont spend 18 hour in game so 3 hours is the majority of their gaming time, especially when an hour of more of that time is sitting around, not even pvping, just listening to the idiots in shout chat trying to convince one another that their team won because the other team couldn't kill the boss. Shaving off that last hour of downtime could make a difference in compelling ppl to come out.

But what would it matter to you all if the despawn were at 2 hours or 3, if people "dont show up in the first place"? it impacts you not at all to try to drum up more interest by limiting the amount of wasted time. I think that'd be worth a try, for a group interested in pvp like yours supposedly is.

Also the irony of malerian telling us he has "Better things to do" than show up. This is what he's referring to.
1653988116470.png

If you have the time to reach 7k leadership doing nothing but dailies you can spare the time to contest if u wanted to and or pvp.

Also the irony of malerian telling us he has "Better things to do" than show up. This is what he's referring to.
View attachment 17920
If you have the time to reach 7k leadership doing nothing but dailies you can spare the time to contest if u wanted to and or pvp.
dont know why my leadership has now something to do with kraken on a sunday and under the week to a shit time? but yeah i let you live in your dreamhouse
And yeah you need to fire in every direction like always, let the Thread get out of the Focus from the Topic and then let the Admins close it thats the thing you guys always do :)
:)

Pvp is wasted time - num 2022

Reading is hard! - sooth 2022

contested, it is (for example) an hour or 90 min of pvp but then turns into a waiting game to see who gets bored and leaves first
especially when an hour of more of that time is sitting around, not even pvping, just listening to the idiots in shout chat trying to convince one another that their team won because the other team couldn't kill the boss.

The only thing I've heard from people wanting to keep it at 3h is personal attacks and snark. The closest thing to an argument for why it should stay at 3h rather than being reduced is basically "we can carve out 3 hours of our time at these specific times 3x a week, all-call and flare when other ppl get bored of doing nothing and leave, so if you can't, get hecked! the boss is ours."

I hear and agree with the comment that 1h is too short for meaningful contest etc etc but is there an actual reason why you think 3h is better than 2h?

Reading is hard! - sooth 2022

The only thing I've heard from people wanting to keep it at 3h is personal attacks and snark. The closest thing to an argument for why it should stay at 3h rather than being reduced is basically "we can carve out 3 hours of our time at these specific times 3x a week, all-call and flare when other ppl get bored of doing nothing and leave, so if you can't, get hecked! the boss is ours."

I hear and agree with the comment that 1h is too short for meaningful contest etc etc but is there an actual reason why you think 3h is better than 2h?
3h = more opportunity to kill the boss. isnt that the point of a world boss?

As far as I understand everyone agreed that 3h is too long and 1h is too short. So the best option that suits everyone is 2 hours, right?
And another question, if we change that despawn timer, will you all who voted and commented come to contest Kraken?

As far as I understand everyone agreed that 3h is too long and 1h is too short. So the best option that suits everyone is 2 hours, right?
And another question, if we change that despawn timer, will you all who voted and commented come to contest Kraken?
"will you all who voted and commented come to contest Kraken?"

lol lets see it
ucc2.png

if it was about contesting, they'd already be contesting.

lol lets see it

if it was about contesting, they'd already be contesting.

lol lets see it
Your replies don't match with your vote. You votes YES for changing it, but I've noticed your comments sound like you are against the change. Are you sure you clicked the option you wanted?

Your replies don't match with your vote. You votes YES for changing it, but I've noticed your comments sound like you are against the change. Are you sure you clicked the option you wanted?
I can vote yes while also knowing the change is stupid.

Their whole argument is "if this is changed, THEN we will come" so i would like to see it

I would say 1h 30 mins is the middle ground.

Also west public raids has been contesting kraken lately, mostly on weekends, tuesday is problematic due work, study and for EU players.

I would say 1h 30 mins is the middle ground.

Also west public raids has been contesting kraken lately, mostly on weekends, tuesday is problematic due work, study and for EU players.
The option was 2h. That is the middle ground. Not 1:30.

And you aren't answering Sparkles question

The option was 2h. That is the middle ground. Not 1:30.

And you aren't answering Sparkles question
It also shouldn't just be him answering that question.

I'm aware he's the OP of this thread, but it should be everyone who voted 'yes' saying that they would show up and contest/fight/kill the boss, not just one dude. Don't want to be that one guy, but some of the people who voted yes either have vastly different names to their IGN, or have never been to the boss to begin with.

And just to not be a hypocrite: As a Yes-Voter, I will show up and contest the boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back