What's new

Regrade BS

Fun fact
The RNG is generated from both the client and server side, it doesn't VERIFY it between the server and client, it only compares it, meaning you can edit your packets to send a falsely made number(repeatedly) to the server and get a success everytime.
this is in-fact in the game's code
And if that was doable, we'd see some kids going mythic for fun

You are right but packet editing isn't something simple. Which in this case would mean very few people could manage to do it and I don't think they would abuse it, even if for fun.

You are right but packet editing isn't something simple. Which in this case would mean very few people could manage to do it and I don't think they would abuse it, even if for fun.

People fly hack for fun look at that Skullknight guy. If it was doable people would be popping off with mythics for "teh lulz".

People fly hack for fun look at that Skullknight guy. If it was doable people would be popping off with mythics for "teh lulz".

there is an extremely accessible program, which will remain unnamed, that allows for the BS flying. Packet editing is a whole other beast...

Anyone who had $100 bucks in credits could turn that into 9k since credits went down. And there were people who spent the early days of the game putting every penny they had towards buying credits knowing the price would rise. What they couldn't have known is that the price would rise so high, so fast because of the donation system doing down. But there are people who have tens of thousands of credits, so it's no surprise they can still afford to regrade.

Hey bud, I'm on 7 Divine attempts with all of them failing. My girlfriend failed 6x in a row going to RARE. RNG is RNG.

Fun fact
The RNG is generated from both the client and server side, it doesn't VERIFY it between the server and client, it only compares it, meaning you can edit your packets to send a falsely made number(repeatedly) to the server and get a success everytime.

how does the server generated value come into the equation? i would think it would be a model like the server runs a value and the client generates an offset so everyone doesnt have the same numbers

XLGames upon realising they trusted user input to be valid:
SynWkus.png

Fun fact

Can you PM me that subroutine in discord? I'd like to see the actual ASM that ignores the compare between them both. That should be patched asap.

I've failed two Regrades trying to go from Celestial >Divine/Epic with a Resplendent.

Still doing it, it is archeage. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose ALOT.

>Implying packet editing is difficult when packets literally tell you what they are doing
>Implying a simple hex editor online isn't about the only extraneous other thing you need to edit
>Implying there aren't thousands of free packet editing software available
>Implying this game uses GameGuard to auto log you out when such programs are opened
>Implying it isn't already being done
>Implying you actually know anything about hacks to assume it isn't "doable"

I mean cmon now.....its 2017 and this game is based on 2007 tech using an engine several stages behind its current revision. Of course its doable....the question is, how quickly and how harshly people get banned for it.
But then again, if you're packet editing why stop there when you can just enter GM commands...I mean if you're gonna get banned for being a retard you might as well go full retard.

No, you can't edit packets for that.
What happens is :
Your client says "I'm attempting to regrade"
The server does the random number generation, and compares what it got with the chances.
The server tells you what happened (your inventory is updated, and you see the pop up)
The server shows the regrade message to everyone if you did Divine or better

This is cute.
My client says "I'm attempting to regrade"
The server attempts to roll for me and says I will get this.
I false packet and inject code telling it to reroll
It rerolls infinitely until I reach a success
The server message is displayed
*I get banned for injecting code into the server*
My mythic never leaves my body

Back