What's new

Remove housing peace zones?

Removing housing peace zones?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

idkbutmaybe

Remove housing peace zones!

pros:
  • More small scale open world pvp shenanigans.
  • Zones can once again be pushed to war. This means more running packs in peace from some of the deeper zones(like hasla).
  • Combat landgrab hackers through pvp. Any hackers in pvp zones would be forced to teleport in making it much easier for server admins to track and ban them.
  • No more exploiting housing zone borders to hit someone who cannot hit back.

cons:
  • Some people will get ganked and be upset.
  • Could possibly effect the economy if fewer people tend their farms, or tend them less often because of neighborhood pvp.
  • I cannot think of any more cons.

So, this is something I want very much. I'm wondering, what do you all think? guess i can do a poll.... but i'm more interested in what people have to say than just a yay or nay.

Last edited:
I usually keep to myself, but this would make the game a lot better than some would think. ArcheAge is about the community dictating judgment upon themselves. When a player (or guild) act out and take refuge in the housing area, it blocks the fundamental core of the game. Players who act out should not be able to protect their actions by using the housing area as a safe haven.

The counter argument to this is, players will often seek non pvp players to grief. These types of players really have no place in ArcheAge and have no argument to the rerelease of housing pvp. If you play ArcheAge, you should expect pvp. If you cannot manage it yourself, join a guild and become friends with them. Constantly being ganked by the same player is no excuse for housing safe havens to be a thing. There is a reason faction chat and nation chat exist. It is your job, as a player, to ensure that other players who grief are brought to justice so that we as a community can pass judgment.

The community will do its job if housing pvp is reinstated.

Last edited:
I'm split on this. While I personally am into the idea of less safe zones I don't think it will push the agenda of real pvp. The only thing taking away housing safe zones will do is force pvp on people who are not looking for it, boosting scummy pvp. This would in turn negatively affect the economy since people would farm less and less. there is plenty of pvp to be found in the game, don't be lazy hanging out to gank some dude picking flowers.

Ganking potatoes in their PJs trying to milk cows is even less fun than killing lowbies trying to quest. All this accomplishes is making places like Windscour even crappier places to own property than almost everywhere else.

Trust me that there is plenty of sea trade going on on this server, I personally find the PVP over packs more rewarding and fun.

I'm split on this. While I personally am into the idea of less safe zones I don't think it will push the agenda of real pvp. The only thing taking away housing safe zones will do is force pvp on people who are not looking for it, boosting scummy pvp. This would in turn negatively affect the economy since people would farm less and less. there is plenty of pvp to be found in the game, don't be lazy hanging out to gank some dude picking flowers.
updated the original post with your point about the economy. :)

Hello
It should be possible to dominion guilds in both towns and housing zones.
Only scenario where player is entirely protected is when they are near narrow non-pvp zones like nui shrine, mini portal safe-zones and quest taking npc's like library.

We are making improvements on current pvp system and might soon implement more pvp based events so it might not be necessary to involve housing zones for now.

rookborne, perinoor, and hasla actually never go to war or peace... it's very sad. would like to see that change somehow. if housing peace is something people don't want to change then maybe the zones could be put on a timer like diamond shores. or something.

Hello
Only scenario where player is entirely protected is when they are near narrow non-pvp zones like nui shrine, mini portal safe-zones and quest taking npc's like library.

We are making improvements on current pvp system and might soon implement more pvp based events so it might not be necessary to involve housing zones for now.
dom is not spontaneous.. i personally miss the random fun fights and scuffles at land grabs that i experienced at launch from trino servers. but that's me, i just made the thread to see how others feel about it :)

also to pass time cuz server is ded :<

had enough of griefing when it was a thing, i really don't want it back, just no ty
it won't increase pvp, it will increase griefing

Hello

If your idea is to create instances for PvP, please don't.

This game is an open world. Any case where we get instances takes away from that fact.

As far as removing housing protection goes, yes. No one forced people to take up housing in PvP zones and adding full safe zones to PvP housing areas is, by far, the most retarded reform XLGames ever brought to the game.

i personally miss the random fun fights and scuffles at land grabs that i experienced at launch from trino servers.

Was fun yep.
Or when a friend/guildie was getting camped on his farm and it turned into GvG for a whole hour. Good times.

Was fun yep.
Or when a friend/guildie was getting camped on his farm and it turned into GvG for a whole hour. Good times.

These are the situations that arise from housing PvP that make the game great. The one person upset because he or she can't tend to their land is the exception. Join a guild and have your guild protect you.

If the issue with bloodstains blocking item placement (especially when used as a means for griefing) was solved, and maybe if something could be done about packs being dropped on someone else's land (if a freighter is destroyed in the middle of a housing zone), this would improve the game quite a bit. As far as I can tell, this game is supposed to be group-PvP-oriented, so maybe you SHOULD have to have guildies on-call to help you if you're getting PK'd when you're trying to farm. This could also make land-grabbing more fair. It's a bit silly that when a property expires that whoever gets the land is the person with slightly better ping, or a macro, or using a straight-up hack. It makes sense to me that the person who gets the land, at least in this type of game, should be the person who brings the most friends. Don't have enough people to help you? Join a big/bigger guild! The mechanics of the game shouldn't be encouraging solo play.

TL;DR: With a few tweaks, this would make the game a whole lot better

Don't have enough people to help you? Join a big/bigger guild!

Are you aware that live servers are pretty much one big guild (or player nation) that prevents everyone else from accomplishing anything at all?

In other words, they're dead due to the exact type of thing you're encouraging here.

Are you aware that live servers are pretty much one big guild (or player nation) that prevents everyone else from accomplishing anything at all?

In other words, they're dead due to the exact type of thing you're encouraging here.
those servers have housing safety and that happened so i don't' see how it's relevant.

I'd add, those servers have housing safety and that happened so i don't' see how it's relevant.

Back