What's new

Repair Cost and Respec Cost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so let's talk Re-spec cost. it is totally not necessary. One of the best thing about archeage is the different classes you can try and the different skills within these classes.
I know the cost seems minimal but it adds up. I feel as it takes away of of the best features in this game which is to respec different skills constantly to try new combinations and to be prepared for different battle situations.

On the other hand you have Repair cost. How many of us got into serp or wanted to try to solo a greater dungeon or even Mistsong summit without paying a considerable amount of gold for nothing but actually trying to do some pve. (unless u wanna go Mistsong naked , that's another story xD)

I really think this is a let down to all PVE lovers , or those who play solo and like to run dungeons.

Is it possible to lower the cost of these or even take it out completely ?.

Its like 60 silver to around 1 gold....I think the staff could be working on more important things..

And another snowflake thread...
Respec and repair costs are totally fine. I'd even buff the repair cost. This an economy based game and it need to have gold sink mechanics, otherwise there will be an inflation, everything would be more expansive, newcomers and puregold vocations would get fucked.

Repair cost also push you to not die and play the game, when sometimes it's just easier to die and retry. If you die too much in dungeons, get tankier, work on your mechanics, get the required amount of people in your party. You have to adept to the game, not the game to you.

You have the ability to respec but the cost is the consequence of it. The max cost to respec is 3.3g IIRC. I mean how often are you respecing that this is an issue?

Repair cost are basically the only consequence of dying to PvE, espcially after you hit 55 and you wont lose xp anymore. You can reduce it by not dying and taking certain skills to eliminate aggro if things go bad. The costs only start racking up when you die in higher level gear.

I agree with @fused that you have to step up to the game, not make it cater to you. This is a basic mechanic in most RPG's and i think its implementation in this game is fine.

I agree with you both in terms of stepping up and having motivation. and As much as i like these repair cost to go down a bit i understand it's necessary to be here. I am Convinced. You both are right.

In terms of respec fees. it was taken out from the game in later updates. with the new skills to motivate players to try more.

"how often are you respecing that this is an issue?"

it is actually the opposite. there are about 5-6 classes that people play with even the SAME chosen skills xD atleast try something new. I think it's something need encouraging not consequences.

To my knowledge there is no repair cost for dying in pvp. This is for encouraging players to pvp ( the honor u loss vs the honor u win is huge so no great loss here either ). on the same base why there should be a respec cost. EVEN if to some it's nothing. Convince me xD

pls reduce the cost of skill savers
if you're involved in a guild that does content or any type of larger scale pvp, you most likely change your class often.

pls reduce the cost of skill savers
if you're involved in a guild that does content or any type of larger scale pvp, you most likely change your class often.

Shouldn't that be the price of doing a lot of things tho? Its only 2400 credits for all 3 IIRC. Thats not too bad, especially if you are doing content. Granted credit prices are rising but its really cheap if you are willing to go the crypto route.

Shouldn't that be the price of doing a lot of things tho? Its only 2400 credits for all 3 IIRC. Thats not too bad, especially if you are doing content. Granted credit prices are rising but its really cheap if you are willing to go the crypto route.

And for the players who dont crypto ? You think 2600 gold (in total) to play a different class easier is worth it ?

Skillsaver Pendant is a quality of life improvement. The cost of these are very cheap as they stand now. You are not forced to buy these and you simply need to visit a nui or skill changer NPC in the game if you feel the Skillsaver Pendant item is cost prohibitive to you. Closing this thread as there really is no need to discuss this further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back