What's new

Resolution issue, fullscreen/windowed/etc

So, somehow I had the client working to play 1080 on a 4k monitor in borderless windowed mode.

I changed to windowed mode so I could watch a video and not get kicked from Garden of the Gods for being "away".

Now, borderless window mode forces me into 4k, no matter what I change in settings or even the settings file. It was great for FPS and alt-tabbing without getting a loading Splash Screen and possibly freezing, but that is now all gone.

The only workaround I can find is to set windows to 1080 and launch the game. If I set windows back to 4k like god intended, the game detects that and forces me into 4k, which greatly reduces FPS and is likely unstable in raids and such.

I HAVE to switch windows to 1920x1080 to have fast alt-tab, OR play "Fullscreen" 1920x1080 and have shitty alt-tab(minimizes game and gives loading screen when coming back and often crashes), OR play 4k and get crap performance.

I'd had this problem before and there was no help, but that was a couple of years ago, I had all but stopped playing except to pay taxes once a week or so.

I recently started playing a lot again and had forgotten I ever even had the problem, or I'd have never tried to change the settings.

Again, somehow it was doing borderless full-screen 1080 w/ Windows @ 4k before tonight. I know it's possible, somehow, to have Windows operate at 4k, but the game play in full-screen borderless window mode in 1080 and have good performance and fast alt-tab(example, hitting the windows key pops it up right over the game, no loading screens, virtually no lag or crashing).

I know this because I listen to a lot of pod-casts and other audio which I alt-tab to load up, or alt-tab to go find a guide for some part of the game I can't remember. I alt-tab a lot, so it's not like I'm mistaken.

Back