What's new

Revert/Change Boss Timers

Use original patch boss timers or keep current timers

• Total voters
I just want to throw out this out there, but everyone casting a vote to change it for "timezones" just so happen to be the same cucks who already did this last year to change despawns to 3 hours because you were too frail to be willing to play past your bed time.
Now that you've all been farmed off the server, you assume that script flipping shit will change anything. I'm down for whatever, but I've seen this shit show play out already, no change the admins make will implement a swipeable spine.
Short of making every boss instanced and purely pve this won't "fix" anything, it's just a smooth brained attempt to readjust content times so that they can be the "ideal timezone" which really just seems to read as "Pls make everything spawn when intax is at work, because we already tried getting him banned to do content, but that didn't work.".

How to salvage the server in 3 easy steps, 4/5 dentists agree.
1. Log out of stena, you're kinda getting memed there anyway, not sure why you cashed out to begin with.
2. Log into AR, hard to type your password when you be playing with no hands, thumbs are awesome.
3. Actually show up to shit, what do timers mean when the sum of your nation is a random regrade from hero hall once every three weeks.
???
PrOfIt

I can see why people would want to change the timers when a single group is controlling all the content. But that single group wasn't always controlling it, there was at one point 3hour+ long fights for content like Kraken and Red Dragon. The cause of the single group controlling it is due to the other group that was contesting giving up on coming out to contest. That same group is currently inactive in game aside from trade chat/taxes but are here on forums actively trying to influence a game they're not even a part of. No other endgame content hungry guilds have stepped up to come fight since then, aside from some attempts from both East and West.

If they were a part of the game and actively playing they would realize that the bosses HAVE and ARE being contested on a weekly basis by both West and East guilds. They have even managed to take some content because they've shown up in an organized fashion and contested us. They consistently outnumber us,as Threeve has mentioned on his post 26 West vs 14 PN2 so it's not like we have this disgustingly huge advantage over them. If you want to complain that our gear is "better" and that's why we win, I can point out the GS gap that used to be a thing has been closed a lot by Hiram being available to players and will likely get even closer once t3 Hiram does come out along with the usual 10 + player advantage that other guilds have.

The "monopoly" and "free farm" is caused due to no-one coming out to contest/fight us on the boss much like PN1 did when PN2 wasn't around. If you want to get the bosses that we have on "lock down" I'm not going to tell you to "get better" but rather I encourage you to get more organized in order to contest. It's not free, there are no handouts, earn your W. If you want it so badly that you cry in forums about timers being a reason that a group is singularly dominating the content then get a group together that feels the same way you do and have someone lead them to come take the content away from the "20" players that you can't seem to beat.

Changing the timers on the bosses won't help with anything considering what has recently happened (literally last week) where West came out to contest Kraken which bled into RD spawning and we had to go back and forth fighting them at two different locations ultimately denying either group from both bosses. The timers do not need to be changed in order to stop the "monopoly of content", all you have to do is show up and contest it to achieve this.
Will you get the boss every time? No, but you would start to deny/hurt the "freefarm" that you so badly want to do. Much like when PN1 was free farming for, PN2 showed up and they suddenly they were no longer getting the boss as easily/regularly. Were the timers changed in order for this to happen? No, they were not, players stepped up and organized themselves to SHOW UP and contest the dominating opposing force.

We once asked for the timer of TWT to be changed from 2-4am that it was spawning at to reset to a reasonable NA time zone which PN1 fought against saying that it's fine the way it is and we were given a firm "No." by administration so I don't see why changing the boss timers catering to them for any other bosses would be any different than us asking for a change to TWT.

THE SOLUTION

"Like I said earlier, under this system, one group of 20 people can attend every event for the entire duration and make sure either they kill the boss, or at the very least, nobody else does."
This is currently happening under the system we are in right now if players show up to contest much like West did this past weekend with Kraken that bled into RD which ended up neither side getting it. Nothing to do with timers, just people showing up.

The only thing that will stop the "monopolization/freefarm" is if players come out and contest, keep the current timers, quit crying in forums play the game and show up.

thats cool and all but what about thunderwing having a fixed spawn time. So a server restart doesnt dictate whether the boss will spawn in war or peace as which is currently happening as i think we all agree the best boss loot in the game shouldn't be a pure pve event one week and then a pvp event the next week.
Putting TWT onto a fixed timer isn't part of the boss timers which this thread is for. However for the sake for it there was a previous discussion for it.
It went nowhere and was just people arguing to argue

I remember a number of things being proposed and PN1 chose to fight those changes because those changes meant they couldn't free-farm the server as easily. So now you're asking for the changes to be reverted now that they benefit someone that isn't you? After having to spend months fighting an uphill battle with the snowball you created for yourselves originally, you can fuck right off with that LOL you made your grave, you can lay in it if you decide to come back to the server.

-Flipsy :)

Joey
Nadury
Thinking (Cowboy)
Books
Murdock
Stchieven
Asteriea (Supapowar)
Runda
Siëgfried (Tyra)

None of these people even actively play anymore.

West had a good showing on Saturdays Kraken, it didn't die :O
The timing is good as it is right now, it's late enough that the majority of people can make it to the event, after work. Moving it back like 2hours is just going to stop those, that have jobs, being able to attend.

Instead of forum pvp, get good at ingame pvp and stop running away to other AA servers. ?

38391370_890572841130583_7824219241124462592_n.jpg

Tons of new replies on here, glad to see all these friendly faces :)

I remember a number of things being proposed and PN1 chose to fight those changes because those changes meant they couldn't free-farm the server as easily. So now you're asking for the changes to be reverted now that they benefit someone that isn't you? After having to spend months fighting an uphill battle with the snowball you created for yourselves originally, you can fuck right off with that LOL you made your grave, you can lay in it if you decide to come back to the server.

-Flipsy :)
Please let him know I highly value his input. Thank you for the reply.

THE CONCLUSION

I am proposing that at the very least people think about and consider how endgame content is going as of right now on the server. By no means is my suggestion perfect, but I hope it serves as an example of a method to potentially rectify some of the issues that are currently going on in ArcheRage!

PS, you could always just alpha us and put in the timers how they should be in this patch - Could even just implement the timers working how they do by default in this patch for a month or two and see if there's any difference!

A new conclusion, one that has seemed to get some universal approval on discord so far.

Keep timers as is. Kraken/BD/DGS spawn all at the same time. However, only spawn once a week, on Saturday the prime day.

This creates a level of scarcity for kraken/BD items within the server, and ensures that no one is able to freefarm it because it's during a prime hour for the server. None of the solutions above promote a healthy server base, and would likely ruin the value of these exclusive items.

What we thinking?

A new conclusion, one that has seemed to get some universal approval on discord so far.

Keep timers as is. Kraken/BD/DGS spawn all at the same time. However, only spawn once a week, on Saturday the prime day.

This creates a level of scarcity for kraken/BD items within the server, and ensures that no one is able to freefarm it because it's during a prime hour for the server. None of the solutions above promote a healthy server base, and would likely ruin the value of these exclusive items.

What we thinking?
i like how you came up with this idea just now lmao after free farming kraken for ages but when something was gonna be done about it * oh wow we need to make it spawns only once a week to ensures that no one freefrem it * so funny :)

What we thinking?
Disagree, why reduce the Spawns per Day? I dont see any good reason in this. Should we then also Reduce the Loot with it? Like that it drop a Bag it can contain an item or only honor?

This is a terrible idea, you can tell because its a 1 year old post being gravedug back to the top of the forums list. It was stupid then, and its still stupid now.

Not to mention its literally made by somebody who sold his account. lmao

Why are people complaining about timers on bosses when they show up for halcy and other events for free rewards?

The idea of changing boss timers was shut down by the admins a longggggg time ago when it was pn1 vs. pn2....

Back