What's new

Risopoda mount changes // vote in discord, comment here

Sparkle

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Recently we got many complaints on the work of Risopoda mount.

Originally it was designed as a mount specifically for sieges. But, it has no restrictions to be used in the other places of the game world.
As a result, it can be used to kill strong bosses, such as Kraken, Levi, Nehliya, etc, very fast.

That’s why we want to know players thoughts regarding it. Should we leave it like this or need to restrict using Risopoda mount in all other zones except of the sieges.

Edit: Poll was updated to include more options. Details in my post below [LINK]

Last edited:
Hello, I have a question. If Risopoda mounts are restricted in areas outside of sieges, does that mean rispoda parts that drop from mysthrane risopoda will no longer sell/be useable?

Is there no way to restrict it somewhat outside of siege areas, without making the mount completely useless in rest of the game? I imagine people want to summon it more often than 4x a month, considering the investment to get one.

Recently we got many complaints on the work of Risopoda mount.

Originally it was designed as a mount specifically for sieges. But, it has no restrictions to be used in the other places of the game world.
As a result, it can be used to kill strong bosses, such as Kraken, Levi, Nehliya, etc, very fast.

That’s why we want to know players thoughts regarding it. Should we leave it like this or need to restrict using Risopoda mount in all other zones except of the sieges.
I can under stand people wanting it restricted to just siege, the mount is temporary. You have to remake it every 7 days if you have parts. To restrict it to siege only actually makes the temporary aspect of very non-viable. Unless Rispoda can be extended to 28 days, which would allow use for 4 siege before needing to rebuild it. But then the part that drop off Risopoda boss might have to be made more scarce.

A risopoda mount can help a small guild that gets caught in Dominion. The mount hurts a lot.
I would love to cast a vote on this, but being able to see things from the side of restrict and the side of leave it alone I just can not choose.

And if you are wondering who I am in game, I am Nayan (main on acct) of Haranya. But also Nebulanoir (alt on acct) in Nuia faction helping out guild lead of Farmers United.

Riso's are great raid equalizers, making a lower number raid able to hold their ground with a larger raid I feel like most of the votes are non-content players who's main experience is them being killed at cr, gr, aegis, whalesong, or any other pve honor event.

It's no different than a melee diving and killing afks, or a mage.

If you could restrict them from those kinds of events somehow, like giving the bosses an aura that prevents the summoning of it, most players would never see a riso again.

Another option is simply lowering it's damage numbers, while maintaining it's debuffs or even increasing their effect so that it's still relevant outside of killing AFK honor events.

Last edited:
I dont think anyone is surprised that the vote is heavily towards Yes because there are hundreds of people upset they got killed while AFKing at events. The mount moves slow, you see it render from far enough away to move... unless you're full AFK. I dont think we should be coddling the leeches any more than we already do.

If the concern is about how much damage the risos do to world bosses, then modify the damage that the risos can do against the bosses. Buff the bosses against riso-specific damage, or give risos a perma-rebirth trauma style buff so the dominator skill weakens them. Dont make a rare, expensive mount be useful for only 1 hour of its entire lifetime simply because people are selfish and lazy at honor raids.

If that Mount would have been " that good" for bosses. Why is no one doing JMG T2 with them?
I doubt that this is the real reason why people want it to get nerfed. 🤔

A risopoda mount can help a small guild that gets caught in Dominion. The mount hurts a lot.
I would love to cast a vote on this, but being able to see things from the side of restrict and the side of leave it alone I just can not choose.
"A small guild" wouldn't have a risopoda.

From my understanding, majority agrees that changes are needed but don’t want Risopoda to be limited to sieges only.
As an alternative, can offer players to discuss the reduction of damage from the skills “Guided Missiles” and “Shoot Acid” (similar to what is done in 8.0). What do you think about it?
Added updated poll. Vote in discord #vote channel and comment in the forum thread.

Risopoda should not be altered at all.

The risopoda boss as it stands is hardly even killed on this server for how often it can be spawned, and on top of that factions aren't bringing in 300 alts to get more parts/boxes each time it is killed so the overall amount of them entering the game is comparatively low.

I'd love to see if the admins could pull some data to check how many rispoda have even been built since the patch, I'm guessing it is still single digits?

There is no sense in nerfing something like this which is not even being abused at all.

It is already difficult/expensive enough to build a risopoda, coupled with the fact it only lasts for 7 days, why would you even further restrict the areas it can be spawned or meaningfully lower the damage of the skills? Do you want this content to just be forgotten?

Just to make sense of this, we'd be going from being able to use a risopoda for 7 days to only 1 hour a week or 4 hours a month if you extend the life to 28 days? Are you kidding?

Lots of players are haunted by the impacts risopodas had on official servers where alting was rampant and in raids you could expect to be fighting against 5-10 opponent risopodas at any given point, this simply is not the case here as we are under different circumstances.

If any change is going to be made, it should be a reduction of the damage the risopoda skills deal to monsters (not players or siege structures). But even then, this isn't occurring on this server so should not be necessary unless it starts becoming a problem.

Last edited:
From my understanding, majority agrees that changes are needed but don’t want Risopoda to be limited to sieges only.
As an alternative, can offer players to discuss the reduction of damage from the skills “Guided Missiles” and “Shoot Acid” (similar to what is done in 8.0). What do you think about it?
Added updated poll. Vote in discord #vote channel and comment in the forum thread.
im not sure what most people are complaining about riso but I imagine its most likely people using it to kill afk raids in whalesong, aegis and cr/gr. I think the first thing you could do is limit the mount from being summoned in those zones.

Back