What's new

Running on linux?

sin

I wonder if it's possible to run this on my linux machine (which meets the specifications)

I heard there's some methods using playonlinux, wine, etc. but i never seemed to get it to properly work.

Any suggestions?

Yes, it's possible. I'm running now with wine 2.18-staging on playonlinux.

my prefix:
corefonts
d3dcompiler_43
d3dx11_42
d3dx11_43
d3dx9_24
d3dx9_25
d3dx9_26
d3dx9_27
d3dx9_28
d3dx9_29
d3dx9_30
d3dx9_31
d3dx9_32
d3dx9_33
d3dx9_34
d3dx9_35
d3dx9_36
d3dx9_37
d3dx9_38
d3dx9_39
d3dx9_40
d3dx9_41
d3dx9_42
d3dx9_43
d3dx9
vcrun2015

Why are you trying to play games on a glorified tablet ... Linux is dead, get a proper gaming PC with windows.

Linux is dead?? Hmm tell that to the thousands of companies around the world who use it for servers and even workstations or other platforms. Just because it doesn't play videogames very well doesn't mean it's a dead OS..

and If it was dead it wouldn't be used on the most popular smartphones... Android is Linux just with a bunch of the stuff ripped out. If you have a rooted android device can easily install BusyBox and then from there you could actually install Ubuntu if you wanted ON YOUR PHONE.

The world would be WAY harder without Linux. Windows can do the same stuff sure but not nearly as efficient or as secure even and no not saying Linux is unhackable but deffo a lot easier to harden since you control what's running software/service wise etc... Microsoft on the other hand lol yea gl.

I got it working on the official AA, no luck with this one.
Seems to be issue with launcher that uses IE.
I used wine-staging-nine on Arch Linux.

Why/how are you playing games on Linux ??

Like only people that run AA on Linux are bot farms.

Back