What's new

Serp guard change.

Should the Serp recipe be reverted?

• Total voters

Joey

In our current 4.0 patch the, Shadow Warrior Shadow, Dark Warrior Guards, and Crimson Warrior Vambraces have been changed to a insane crafting recipe.
For example the Shadow Warrior Shadow's currently require you to have a ENTIRE KC & PC set + 4 Upgraded dungeon weapons + 100k honor +Full serp set.
1579681515902.png

This crafting recipe seems to be a complete over kill compared to what it used to be and I'd like to start a discussion on whether it should be reverted or not. (Previous recipe was a serp set + 500 warrior medals + 2 Cloudspun)
I think a fine compromise would be to just remove the cancer portions of the crafting recipe and just make each only require there respective Serp set + 100k honor + maybe the 2 cloudspun.
*** I KNOW THIS THREAD WAS MADE IN THE PAST BUT I WOULD LIKE TO REVISIT THE IDEA AND POSSIBLY GET MORE INSIGHT FROM THE ADMINS/PLAYERS *** [ Previous post ]

Last edited:
The time investment required to also do GSM and GPC along with Serpentis is very unnecessary and seems like the original devs put it in last minute in order to give the greater dungeons necessity despite not being done for any other piece of armor and to reinforce their bad decisions of making many of the greater dungeons useless.

please revert

Yes please. It's not only a big grind but it's also very rng dependant. Also it's unfair for all the new players trying to gear up because this armor piece is a best in slot and makes a huge difference in pvp.

I feel it should be reverted. I also feel the immunity should either be added to all three types of armor or removed completely as the stacking of that, mount, glider immunities makes it too retarded and one reason PvP is completely broken.

I only crafted another pair cuz one of the past events gave me 2x sleeve drops so I didn't need to farm lol I would love to see this changed back to a simpler recipe.

Isn't it 60K honor ? 30 medals 2K each.
Anyways receipe is silly and has to be changed. Make it less ass to get but don't make it too easy either. Those guards are the most annoying shit to play against and are really strong. Can always anchor them once you have em, too.

Isn't it 60K honor ? 30 medals 2K each.
Anyways receipe is silly and has to be changed. Make it less ass to get but don't make it too easy either. Those guards are the most annoying shit to play against and are really strong. Can always anchor them once you have em, too.
That is for just the sleeves. They require 2 other crafts that also take medals.

To give a basis. This poll was made as right now it is being considered to change the recipe to as follows with the 4.5 update.

50 honorforge medals
7 piece serp armour set (of the respective gear set. Cloth piece taking 7 set serp cloth set)
3 cloud spun fabric. (Or nuri forest lumber/sunridge ingots for the other leather and plate pieces)

So this poll acts as 2 things.
Should the recipe be changed
Should it wait until now or with 4.5

Well when it changes doesn't really matter, people have to grind serp either way, just those who already have 7 serp pieces would rather have it sooner.

Most importantly, yes imo it should be changed.

+1
YES, please. I don’t care that I finally farmed all these stupid ass pieces. I’d love to toss them in the trash rather than shoot myself since I definitely don’t want to farm the abyssal shards to upgrade the crap. It’s such an overloaded recipe.

Especially since many of my guildies need to still make their first piece, or continue making them to blow up in regrades. It is hard enough getting the right drop, now you have to fight for rolls in not only Serpentis, but all these other dungeons too. I understand they’re a BoS sleeves piece, but Christ, I’d rather listen to a symphony of nails on chalkboard than run GKC one more fucking time.

Edit: And can we not have to wait until mid 2020 (or later) for this via 4.5? I don’t find this change requiring such a lengthy wait time.

Change this shit please. Like its been said above these pieces of armor, specially the leather and cloth variants are BiS pieces for their respective gear sets and anybody who doesn't already have them is at a sore disadvantage compared to those that do. Having this crazy crafting recipe that others didn't have to do is just plain wrong

This should be an immediate change that happens far before 4.5 because the change is undoubtedly necessary but if we wait for 4.5 then people will just have to suffer without having the items for however long it takes to get that patch out meanwhile being at a disadvantage in gameplay that entire time instead of being able to fix it asap.

Back