What's new

SERVER TIME CHANGE? // done

Hny

To keep it short: The winter time turned the clocks back for an hour, including the server time.
This helps (mainly) european players attend events like Kraken as they aren't starting all too late anymore.

With recent discussions in the "game-debates" on the official discord server, the question arose whether this should be a permanent change or not.

No poll included as I want people to share their opinions and not just click a button and leave again.
My personal opinion (as an EU player) is, that it's making it easier for me to attend especially kraken (from 12:30pm >11:30pm) and stay for longer.

: )
'idk

Yes, let's adjust the NA servers to more appropriately accommodate for EU players. It's not fair that NA players have a time zone advantage over EU players on an NA server. EU should always come first. Period.
'crazy1

Yes, let's adjust the NA servers to more appropriately accommodate for EU players. It's not fair that NA players have a time zone advantage over EU players on an NA server. EU should always come first. Period.
'crazy1
doesn't hurt the NA players much to move big events by one hour and helps EU A LOT, also since there is no real EU server what choice do we have...

inb4 "play on RU" there is number of good reasons why EU ppl play on NA and won't play on russia, just ask any random EU guy

Imagine PN crying to revert server time one hour ahead, then shittalk the server cause noone goes contesting them :), dont forget you are about to get deleted.

Reactions: Hny
doesn't hurt the NA players much to move big events by one hour and helps EU A LOT, also since there is no real EU server what choice do we have...

inb4 "play on RU" there is number of good reasons why EU ppl play on NA and won't play on russia, just ask any random EU guy

1-hour difference in time would make an NA player that works an average job miss kraken spawn. The only actual world boss that's worthwhile.

Imagine PN crying to revert server time one hour ahead, then shittalk the server cause noone goes contesting them :), dont forget you are about to get deleted.

Who's crying? I love when all of the west compacts on a boat at kraken with no clue what they're doing just to get farmed by 20 people. Don't forget that you're wrong and pn isn't getting deleted :)

'crazy1
So this is not you crying.
@Sparkle The server you own, has population of all over the world, we will never all agree on which time zone is better or not, but for one thing i can tell you, as its been said in game debates channel, for NA, 1 hour earlier its not that big of a deal, however, for EU, 1 hour earlier its A LOT, A LOT. I am personally 6 hours ahead of server time, swapped to 5h since winter time switched, that means attending to world game events for me is way more comfortable than before, and i believe its like that for 99% of all EU players of this server.

Reactions: Hny
So what you are saying @Vinchino is that because 1 boss is going to be a hassle for NA players to attend, all of the benefits that EU players see in this change should be ignored ?

You have to remember this server is a buisness for the dev team and regardless of it being labeled NA server, if it has a wide portion of EU players, they'd be silly to ignore their wishes.

Anyways. I get that kraken has kinda always been mostly something for NA players so I have sympathy for those asking to have it stay as it is.

Maybe we can find something that suits both sides ? If kraken is everything that people are unsatisfied with, due to being 1hr earlier. Then we could just keep all events moved 1hr earlier like it has been the past days and make an exception for kraken, basically moving it 1hr later ?

I also think a reset raid for americans at 11pm is much more appreciated than midnight, however I'm not playing from there so someone would have to confirm that.

Oh and also how does this affect sea players ?

Server likely has a pretty even split between NA and EU/Asian playerbase. I'm sure many of them would super appreciate not having to stay up til 2am for luscas/abyssal.

I do understand though why it would be in PNs interest to tell EU players to just play somewhere else instead of shifting the time by an hour, wouldnt want to risk having more people to fight. Someone might die and look silly in front of all their internet friends o_O

So this is not you crying.

Do you know what an ironic post is? lmao

@Sparkle The server you own, has population of all over the world, we will never all agree on which time zone is better or not, but for one thing i can tell you, as its been said in game debates channel, for NA, 1 hour earlier its not that big of a deal, however, for EU, 1 hour earlier its A LOT, A LOT. I am personally 6 hours ahead of server time, swapped to 5h since winter time switched, that means attending to world game events for me is way more comfortable than before, and i believe its like that for 99% of all EU players of this server.

yeah bro NA players missing the only worthwhile boss? not a big deal. eu players having to stay up for an extra hour? BIG DEAL. I agree, the server should be dedicated to eu play times. Also we should ban all of NA. and also remove pn. and also ban east. and also rename the site to EU.archerage.
'crazy1
So what you are saying @Vinchino is that because 1 boss is going to be a hassle for NA players to attend, all of the benefits that EU players see in this change should be ignored ?

You have to remember this server is a buisness for the dev team and regardless of it being labeled NA server, if it has a wide portion of EU players, they'd be silly to ignore their wishes.

Anyways. I get that kraken has kinda always been mostly something for NA players so I have sympathy for those asking to have it stay as it is.

Maybe we can find something that suits both sides ? If kraken is everything that people are unsatisfied with, due to being 1hr earlier. Then we could just keep all events moved 1hr earlier like it has been the past days and make an exception for kraken, basically moving it 1hr later ?

I also think a reset raid for americans at 11pm is much more appreciated than midnight, however I'm not playing from there so someone would have to confirm that.

All I'm asking for is that the devs make the server solely based off EU times. I'm talking 6am krakens. 8am red dragons. Is that really too much to ask? Also delete pn.

Why are you being overly sarcastic and behaving like a child. I suggested to keep kraken as it is and move the rest one hour earlier because kraken seems to be the only reason you don't want changed.

Is it something you could not agree on, if so, why? other than "it's an NA server".

Idk I’d say leave it, I’m NA and work a fuck ton and the hour shift actually does make me miss some stuff, but atleast I get to see people around to fight, and PN a lot of you are Starving for Pvp, isn’t this a chance to get more of EU can be on more?

Why are you being overly sarcastic and behaving like a child. I suggested to keep kraken as it is and move the rest one hour earlier because kraken seems to be the only reason you don't want changed.

Is it something you could not agree on, if so, why? other than "it's an NA server".
bro im literally agreeing with you bro, let's just skip the small steps and get rid of na all together bro. EU GAMERS RISE UP! 'Archerage

Server time always followed EST time zone. The only reason it doesn't follow that zone these 2 days is because to move clock server restart is required. Tomorrow server time will be changed to follow the same time zone as before.

Back