What's new

Server updates 1/28: some Warrior Armor recipes updated, Added the way to expend number of Favorite Portals, Guild rejoining timers changed and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparkle

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
a3J43M2.png
Dear ArcheRagers! Please take a minute to check changes and updates we prepared for you.

To apply them, server is going to be restarted on 1/28 at 6 am.
Duration time - 40 minutes.

List of updates:
  • Recipes of Crimson Warrior's Vambraces, Dark Warrior's Guards and Shadow Warrior's Shadows were updated.
    Crimson Warrior's Vambraces:
    Honorforged Medal x50
    Sealed Crimson Warrior Charm x 1
    Sunridge Ingot x 2
    Coin x 1c
    Dark Warrior's Guards:
    Honorforged Medal x50
    Sealed Dark Warrior Charm x 1
    Wind Spirit Leather x 2
    Coin x 1c
    Shadow Warrior's Shadows:
    Honorforged Medal x50
    Sealed Shadow Warrior Charm x 1
    Cloudspun Fabric x 2
    Coin x 1c
  • Farmhouse Teleport point in Halcyona is disabled during the Battle for the Golden Plains.​
  • Increased guild rejoining time to 4 days. Characters that left, disbanded or been kicked from the guild for the first time will be able to join another guild right away.​
  • Players can now see Tracklist on all Music Discs, except of basic. Music Discs that are going to be added in future will include Tracklist as well.​
  • Tainted Jewel is removed from the mobs drop list. Instead Ritual Aquamarine will drop.​
  • Beast Lord's Bell, Fire Lunarite and Wave Lunarite will no longer drop from Titan. Instead Beast Tamer's Bells, Fine Fireglow Lunarite and Fine Waveglow Lunarite will drop.​
  • Queen Purses will no longer drop Fire Lunarite and Wave Lunarite. Instead they will drop Glowing Prism and Lunarite.​
  • Fixed the category of the gliders "Wrapped Glider Companion: Panda" and "«God of War» Glider". They will no longer be listed under the Companions category on the Auction but instead will be listed in Glider category.​
  • Fixed Perdita Statue Torso bug.​
  • New custom item "Favorite Portals Expansion Scroll" is added to the marketplace (Main --> Specific). It allows the player to expand his favorites in the teleport book for 5 with each scroll. Up to 4 scrolls can be used per 1 character.​
  • In-game boutique updated [LINK]

I'm confused what's the point of changing it to Fine lunarite, no recipes use Fine, and it's barely an upgrade to 1/100th of an item that is worth 40g. ??? Nobody likes spending 3 days to get a couple gold. I mean, you still left in the BASIC T7 wisps.

Last edited:
I see a potential for exploitation in this: The guild 4 day timer disallows you to rejoin a guild you were previously part of, but what if you rename the guild? Unless you're tracking it in a different way, that would mean I can defeat the 4 day timer just by renaming the guild. I'm pretty sure that there would be no real-world situation that someone would want to do this , except for maybe sieges, but the potential is still there.

Not to mention how does a guild who participates in sieges stay eligible and help out fellow castle owners when needed. If I have to stay out of a guild for 8 days just to help out, then that means that I am not earning prestige and there is a possibility that guilds will fall out of siege eligibility. If you want people to participate in sieges, then you need to get rid of the prestige requirement to bid on castles.

I don't like the timer either. I run a casual PVX guild, and we hop to other guilds to help with sieges. Nobody will want to be out of a guild for half the time between siege cycles now.

Not to mention how does a guild who participates in sieges stay eligible and help out fellow castle owners when needed. If I have to stay out of a guild for 8 days just to help out, then that means that I am not earning prestige and there is a possibility that guilds will fall out of siege eligibility. If you want people to participate in sieges, then you need to get rid of the prestige requirement to bid on castles.
The point is to stop exactly that. A guild should be able to defend a castle themself without outside assistance. If they can't defend with their own numbers then they don't deserve to hold the castle.

I see a potential for exploitation in this: The guild 4 day timer disallows you to rejoin a guild you were previously part of, but what if you rename the guild? Unless you're tracking it in a different way, that would mean I can defeat the 4 day timer just by renaming the guild. I'm pretty sure that there would be no real-world situation that someone would want to do this , except for maybe sieges, but the potential is still there.
It doesn't track by just what the name was the time. So even if the guild renames it will still have a cooldown to you.
I don't like the timer either. I run a casual PVX guild, and we hop to other guilds to help with sieges. Nobody will want to be out of a guild for half the time between siege cycles now.
Sieges are every 2 weeks. So they're not out for half the time.
They're out for long enough to not be back for bidding eligibility.

"Increased guild rejoining time to 4 days. Characters that left, disbanded or been kicked from the guild for the first time will be able to join another guild right away."

UHHHH WTF IS THIS ?

The point is to stop exactly that. A guild should be able to defend a castle themself without outside assistance. If they can't defend with their own numbers then they don't deserve to hold the castle.

It doesn't track by just what the name was the time. So even if the guild renames it will still have a cooldown to you.

4 days to join another guild, 4 days more to rejoin yours, 8 days = more than half of 2 weeks.

how ironic is it that as soon as PN1 has used 3-4 guilds to secure another castle you make the change that singularly benefits them to the expense of the rest of the server. how do you even pretend like you're unbiased anymore?

Wait I thought the point of a sandbox game was to make alliances and help each other with things like a castle siege, trade runs, and dungeons. What you guys are doing is taking away the sandbox element and saying you have to play alone in this game. What next are you guys going to say we have to start running dungeons as guilds only or trade packs by yourself. This is no longer an mmo it is a single person game I guess.

This decision 100% gives a huge advantage to casual gamers. They get to dodge having their own castles sieged by having massive amounts of gold from controlling all content the last few months. They already have a super guild as you put it, so none of the smaller guilds stand a remote chance. Guilds banding together to siege is a normal mechanic. By making it impossible you are crippling smaller guilds. The people with the most gold have the biggest advantage. Maybe we should just give PN1 a buff that lets them have 300% toughness and resilience while we're at it. Hell, west can remove all their armor for that matter , then they can FOR SURE win every single thing on the server. What an actual joke this is. If you want to encourage pvp for sieges, make it bannable to bid block with alt guilds. And get rid of the stupid 4 day cooldown.

This is very convenient timing for east.
What'd I say about bias?
As I have played no part in any of these changes your bias is still you wanting to find a fault.

This decision 100% gives a huge advantage to casual gamers. They get to dodge having their own castles sieged by having massive amounts of gold from controlling all content the last few months. They already have a super guild as you put it, so none of the smaller guilds stand a remote chance. Guilds banding together to siege is a normal mechanic. By making it impossible you are crippling smaller guilds. The people with the most gold have the biggest advantage. Maybe we should just give PN1 a buff that lets them have 300% toughness and resilience while we're at it. Hell, west can remove all their armor for that matter , then they can FOR SURE win every single thing on the server. What an actual joke this is. If you want to encourage pvp for sieges, make it bannable to bid block with alt guilds. And get rid of the stupid 4 day cooldown.
It is bannable to bid with alt guilds as it is considered denying a siege from happening by administration.

Wait I thought the point of a sandbox game was to make alliances and help each other with things like a castle siege, trade runs, and dungeons. What you guys are doing is taking away the sandbox element and saying you have to play alone in this game. What next are you guys going to say we have to start running dungeons as guilds only or trade packs by yourself. This is no longer an mmo it is a single person game I guess.
elfghost makes the best point you're literally taking away the wests only way of contesting PN1 at the moment, which has ALWAYS been an occurance in any instance of archeage. you've just unilaterally decided to remove an entire strategy of gameplay where smaller, but more numerous groups can band together for common cause, and forcing anyone who plays the game to play it in large guilds. like it or not, PN1 isnt your entire playbase and most people are in small groups in smaller guilds and this change fucks all of them.

The direction this server is taking is coddling the existence of superguilds, and limiting everyone else's ability to combat them. I don't think this is a healthy or constructive direction for the server, and will likely result in a decline in the player base.

As I have played no part in any of these changes your bias is still you wanting to find a fault.

It is bannable to bid with alt guilds as it is considered denying a siege from happening by administration.
Are you going to enforce it now then ? Because literally the whole server does it. And i'd like to know when small guilds banding together to siege has been an issue. The 2 heedmar sieges i attended were the only real sieges i've seen on this server. It was fairly even number. West won round one, East won round two. It would be nice if we had more opportunity to siege rather than bidding insane amounts of gold so people wont siege you.

So, essentially, you're disabling a mechanic that has been in place since 1.0 And you are absolutely doing this to disadvantage the West. Those guild changes are ABSOLUTELY put in place to remove West's ability to cobble together siege membership to keep the East/PN at bay. This is a mistake. I won't play anymore if this is the case, and I'll take my CC with me if an alternative isn't found , and quickly.

I want clarification on this @Sjinderson @Sparkle Getting an ally guild bid block your castle will be bannable from now on, correct ? You guys will police it, won't let it be abused by fake sieges etc ? I don't just mean alt guilds, I mean any guild you are in a regular alliance that will not legitimately siege.

Shanks. When you contribute something relevant to this game other than grief, then your opinion will matter. Until then, let the adults talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back