What's new

Server updates 1/28: some Warrior Armor recipes updated, Added the way to expend number of Favorite Portals, Guild rejoining timers changed and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bright idea, since the staff seems to hate west and have no issue letting east and PN get more powerful every chance they have, like we can't join forces but joey have like 10 alt guilds ready with toons and mailable gear(and somehow this is not unfair by any measure).

I call on all guild leaders to coordinate a mass exodus from nuia to haranya toons(if they can mail their gear freely we also can), maybe this way the staff will let us win one from time to time

Bright idea, since the staff seems to hate west and have no issue letting east and PN get more powerful every chance they have, like we can't join forces but joey have like 10 alt guilds ready with toons and mailable gear(and somehow this is not unfair by any measure).

I call on all guild leaders to coordinate a mass exodus from nuia to haranya toons(if they can mail their gear freely we also can), maybe this way the staff will let us win one from time to time

Stop playin the victim side thats cringy.also i see nobody on east or pn being happy with the changes to guild cd. You can check it on drunken's poll

So, someone feather it in for the casual player. Why does someone HAVE TO be in a guild to help attack or defend a castle anyways? What's preventing people from just showing up and helping out either side?

So, someone feather it in for the casual player. Why does someone HAVE TO be in a guild to help attack or defend a castle anyways? What's preventing people from just showing up and helping out either side?
There's a zone wide debuff that pretty much kills anyone not tagged to either guild, so there's that?

Also, lmao people think East benefits from PN's or that we get castles without banding together.

Say bye to these good days of many small guilds in each alliance, time to go back to doing mega-guilds. Time to stress out both West & East to get into a hardcore content controlling guild if you want ANY action EVER. No more a la carte fun every 2 weeks, etc.

Currently there is a system involving work permits allowing non-guild members to do quests at a castle. Would it be possible to implement a "Mercenary License" to function in a similar way? Non-guild members could obtain the "Mercenary License," say from the honor shop, that would temporarily allow them to join a raid involved in a siege. Cap the number of mercenaries allowed on both sides. Put a cooldown on the license, and once it is used to join a guild's forces, it cannot be used again (preventing someone from going from one side of the fight to the other). Joining the defending side could be handled within the castle prior to the start of the siege. Joining the offensive side could be handled at a guild manager npc, or a new one with a similar function, prior to the start of the siege. Just an idea. :)

Currently there is a system involving work permits allowing non-guild members to do quests at a castle. Would it be possible to implement a "Mercenary License" to function in a similar way? Non-guild members could obtain the "Mercenary License," say from the honor shop, that would temporarily allow them to join a raid involved in a siege. Cap the number of mercenaries allowed on both sides. Put a cooldown on the license, and once it is used to join a guild's forces, it cannot be used again (preventing someone from going from one side of the fight to the other). Joining the defending side could be handled within the castle prior to the start of the siege. Joining the offensive side could be handled at a guild manager npc, or a new one with a similar function, prior to the start of the siege. Just an idea. :)
Oh, I'm sure it can be added to cash shop just next week. Like how people just wanted a few more portal favorites, and a week later its in the cash shop. Instead of... you know... just implemented.

It's possible something similar will be added in the future.

It's possible something similar will be added in the future.
but those mercenaries obviously need to be approved by the guild leader, because if its free for all, we all know how one side gonna sabotage the other by just alt registering for those....

This is very convenient timing for east.
What'd I say about bias?

It is simply current state of server that would make the change bias toward East

If the foot were on the other shoe and West had an upper hand, this would be the same "bias" claim toward West.
Therefore, this presumption is demonstrably incorrect.

A new player won't get a guild cooldown with it being the first guild they've joined.
Unless they've previously been apart of other guilds
What they didn’t tell you is: (A) they didn’t code it right or (B) didn’t test if it works lol. A family member of mine has a brand new character and joined a starter guild as his first one. He left that guild today and is in cool down town for 4 days. AAA work!

What they didn’t tell you is: (A) they didn’t code it right or (B) didn’t test if it works lol. A family member of mine has a brand new character and joined a starter guild as his first one. He left that guild today and is in cool down town for 4 days. AAA work!
He needs to restart his game for it to be displayed correctly for him.

6.0 actually has feature(s) very similar to what you are suggesting. I'd ask for these to be implemented but the usual staff answer involves "no because of x and y limitations with patches". So the admins would have to cobble together something with the existing files as I understand it.....and that sounds like alot of work.

Historically, most of the live patches have been very content bare and stepping out of the "time-capsule" wasn't necessarily a bad decision. However it did put the server in a weird spot, and it shows. I won't name names but other servers cater to the classic 1.0 feel and live itself rolls out the most modern updates. Things are weird here, admins are being weird, and I'm not sure what to make of their recent decisions. The longer this server stays in patch purgatory the worse things will be.

Skipping ahead of live with KR patches would be a serious boon to the player population and a hell of a flex. Should the server go this route things will definitely get worse before they get better but they will get better.

Also, lmao people think East benefits from PN's or that we get castles without banding together.

Say bye to these good days of many small guilds in each alliance, time to go back to doing mega-guilds. Time to stress out both West & East to get into a hardcore content controlling guild if you want ANY action EVER. No more a la carte fun every 2 weeks, etc.

Basically this, and it this kind of gameplay with mega-guilds doesn't suit me ;c Guess I'll stay in a small guild and pass on sieges until something changes, either the timer changed back or that mercenary idea added. Tho, imo, being a mercenary is the same shit as having a 24h cd on rejoining a guild >.> it just makes people pay for doing sieges instead losing 1 or 2 days of prestige farming.

Wait I thought the point of a sandbox game was to make alliances and help each other with things like a castle siege, trade runs, and dungeons. What you guys are doing is taking away the sandbox element and saying you have to play alone in this game. What next are you guys going to say we have to start running dungeons as guilds only or trade packs by yourself. This is no longer an mmo it is a single person game I guess.

HCIC was all about, if you can't defend your packs they aren't yours. Now it is the same with castles. Doesn't your guild own a castle? Now your crying when things don't go your way.

So, essentially, you're disabling a mechanic that has been in place since 1.0 And you are absolutely doing this to disadvantage the West. Those guild changes are ABSOLUTELY put in place to remove West's ability to cobble together siege membership to keep the East/PN at bay. This is a mistake. I won't play anymore if this is the case, and I'll take my CC with me if an alternative isn't found , and quickly.
The castles were a bad idea to begin with because it is the most powerful guilds who get stronger and stronger. No one guild should own all of the castles. As for everyone else, it takes forever to gather enough lords coin's to make anything. I would go one step further and ask the staff to cut in half the amount of lords coins needed to make high end gear. Everyone seems to love PvP until it does not go their way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back