What's new

Something needs to be done about kraken/black dragon for the eu/asian player base.

New spawn timer for Kraken and BD. 1 month Trial

• - 11:30 am Kraken + 5:00 pm BD (Tue)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • - 11:30 am Kraken + 5:00 pm BD (Thu)

• - 12:30 pm Kraken + 5:00 pm BD (Tue)

• - 3:30 pm Kraken + 5:00 pm BD (Tue)

• -11:30 am Kraken (Tue) BD (Thu)

• -3:30 pm Kraken (Tue) BD (Thu)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

neddy

I think something needs to be done for the EU player base of this server.
They don't get the chance to attend important events like kraken or black dragon because the time zone, for most of us EU players kraken happens late late night and for that reason most if not all EU players can't attend kraken during the week days or even at weekends and the same thing goes for black dragon.

And lets not forget about our Chinese player base, they are quite a lot too and they don't get the chance at all to attend to either of the events.

I thought about 2 solutions for this issue.

1 : which is to shift the spawn time for both bosses by number of hours 3-5 hours would be good to make it accessible to all players from different parts of the world who plays here and enjoys this server.

2 : to make 2 krakens/black dragons a day just like what happened with Abyssal/Luscas, that way all players will be able to attend those important events.

Personally I'm not a huge fan of the 2nd idea but that's one of the possible solutions for this issue.

What I'm trying to do here is to make those events more accessible to all of the player base Asians/Europeans/North Americans.

I know some of you would say it's NA server, you are totally right but the amount of players that we have here from other parts of the world can't be ignored and they need some care.

I think this will do nothing but good for the server, people will have more activities to do and get access to boss drops that they couldn't get their hands on before.

If you have any other suggestions/opinions, please feel free to voice them out.

Randomize timers of spawn of BD/Kraken/Leviatan/DGS so u can no longer sit on spawn 1 min before boss appearing to make it harder to contest and don't make it they way that it's going to respawn 24h after being killed - to make it harder to control.

I think something needs to be done for the EU player base of this server.
They don't get the chance to attend important events like kraken or black dragon because the time zone, for most of us EU players kraken happens late late night and for that reason most if not all EU players can't attend kraken during the week days or even at weekends and the same thing goes for black dragon.

And lets not forget about our Chinese player base, they are quite a lot too and they don't get the chance at all to attend to either of the events.

I thought about 2 solutions for this issue.

1 : which is to shift the spawn time for both bosses by number of hours 3-5 hours would be good to make it accessible to all players from different parts of the world who plays here and enjoys this server.

2 : to make 2 krakens/black dragons a day just like what happened with Abyssal/Luscas, that way all players will be able to attend those important events.

Personally I'm not a huge fan of the 2nd idea but that's one of the possible solutions for this issue.

What I'm trying to do here is to make those events more accessible to all of the player base Asians/Europeans/North Americans.

I know some of you would say it's NA server, you are totally right but the amount of players that we have here from other parts of the world can't be ignored and they need some care.

I think this will do nothing but good for the server, people will have more activities to do and get access to boss drops that they couldn't get their hands on before.

If you have any other suggestions/opinions, please feel free to voice them out.
Agree with this, i think 3-5 hours earlier would be perfect for all, don't think it's too early for NA and it's an okay time for EU players as well, second option is if we can't do that first option, i support dis!

I am an American player and i too think it would be a good idea to change sometimes to help our very large EU/Asian player base. We have a small community so meeting others half way so more people can play together sounds good to me.

This solution isn't exactly true. East/West have brought 120 combined out to events, so clearly time isn't much of an issue. It's a matter of wanting to show up. Not to mention the late-night halcy is also extremely active.

I could bring up "NA server" yada yada, but NA also pushed the spawn timers back because it was in favor of people who didn't have real life. Also causing them to spawn at the same time created a sense of urgency depending on how badly you want a 'specific' boss. You have the people, we've all seen it. Use 'em.

Can we also Talk about Siege?^^ has the same Problem
^ This is a good idea.

Also, this is advertised as an NA server. Forcing EU times is going to be misleading and probably hinder playerbase growth. Timers on NA have never been disputed since they pushed them forward, even on legacy. Can also name a few SEA/Australian players who can regularly make events.

Current Timezones are centered around the multiple timezones that NA has. You want EU timers? Let me help you out:

Last edited:
Why should anything be changed? If the EU player base didn't want to be "ignored" then they should've played on the EU server. It was their decision to play on an NA server. They knew that the timers would be better for NA players so they should deal with the choice that they made themselves.

They have a european server for a reason go play on the european server if you want times that correlate with your time zone. As it is now it's barely good enough for any west coast player to make these events and you want to make it even harder for them to go when they have a server designated for that time zone already?

There's an EU server for a reason. This is an American server for American times. We chose to play on this server for the timers, and it being an American server. Also, you guys bring over a raid to halcy at night, but can't make it to kraken/bd? See something wrong with that? What happened to those 80+ man raids at kraken that just recently stopped happening? You have the numbers. You have the people all day but just want free content. Fight for it or stick to growing potatoes.

Sorry, but I don't agree with this change. Isn't the purpose of an NA server to accommodate the best time for NA players? I'm not an NA player, but I understand the purpose of having the spawn timers we have now. I think it's the same case for EU server, its programming is made specifically for EU ppl. Changes made by admins were always aimed at including all players, but were mainly aimed at NA players. Also, going back from 3 to 5 hours would make things worse for Chinese pop, as it would be between 2 and 5 in the morning.

I feel like pushing back/pulling forward timers is going to clash super hard with other event timers unnecessarily. Pushing world bosses back might coincide with Halcy or RD, forcing these people you're trying to help to decide between whether they want to do queue events or world bosses, diminishing their ability to experience the game.

I think, at most, World Boss spawn timers could be pushed back by an hour. Feasibly, you could also make an argument to lengthen the despawn timers so that those that are online can do or contest world bosses until EU/Asia players can log in. Obviously not as long as they were pre-despawn timers, but maybe add +2 hours for other players that want to experience the bosses.

Pushing timers back or pulling them forward further than this will start clashing with NA players ability to log in, at which point I would argue to simply play on the EU/RU server. I want to be able to go to world bosses on the NA server while living in North America, too.

2 large World Boss spawns per spawn day (Tu/Th/Sat) is a whole recipe for disaster. You're dealing with issues of power creep among all players being forced early in the patch as well as complaints about other WBs to make up for this change (TWT horn, Garden Anth in the future, Risopoda and Nehliyah, Morpheus/Deathtrigger, etc.)

the biggest issue I see with this is that yes there are a good number of people on the server who do play from eu are usually on until roughly 2-3 est which is a little before said bosses spawn, which does suck, but at the same time My biggest complaint is that there just isnt enough time to do the stuff you want to, some days i gotta pick between doing an event or other crap dailies cause that's all the game dives into is just that at its core "daily quests" which are ok i get that, but when you have so many to the point where its exhaustive it makes basically everyone want to hammer their head against a wall having to run a train of crap to get little reward/wasting hours of doing mindless activities for minimal gain, I understand this is an mmo, but there is so much crap in the game to the point that if one thing gets added or moved like this here, well it messes up everyone elses schedules, tasks, farming, dailies etc. It would be nice to see a different spawn time or even multiple ones for some bosses, but in reality there just isnt enough time in the day, unless all you do is play archeage. To do all these activities.
The big ticket issue is finding a good balance for some of these things, but in reality not everyone is going to be happy with the outcome, I work nights so I've never even gotten to go to kraken since 3.5, does it suck? yeah, but do i really need to do it? no not really. Black dragon is a new boss and has some crazy cool new loot, but even if i was able to be on for the boss, it already takes coordination and gear requirements, which for a lot of people the more you add to a raid even if they are geared means a huge spike in difficulty just having to deal with the extra bodies, realistically you need to take a step back and look at if even moving these bosses timers or adding more is going to be worth it, or is it going to just be another boss for certain groups to freefarm? cause technically speaking kraken has been shown to not even be an issue as both west/east can bring big numbers to it, but in the end black dragon is "scarier" in terms of difficulty and a lot of people here just tend to not want to fight over stuff for 2+ hours to get nowhere. People enjoy progression, which is where you see most of the playerbase moving in on hiram and gear etc, progressing is a much cleaner process than it used to be in previous patches, but also requires a lot of time to do, which doing stuff like boss contesting takes time away from so people sneer at the fact of doing so. reward for playtime in any game is extremely important, But when there are to many daily type activities that need to be done it causes everyone except groups of a guild or less to pick what they want, need, and have to do in their day to day grind.

bro if eu people go to eu server this server gonna end up with 50player max LMAO

most people in here because when RU started it was russian only and for someone like me i had to wait for NA release to play the game because i didnt understand shit in RU, now that RU has english client people still not gonna start over in RU, just give eu players 20k credits 1time server transfer and see whats gonna happen to this one 😥 @Sparkle change timers for world bosses to match with EU and NA or your server gonna be 20man raid for bosses 24/7, and heres a good example just compare weekday TWT summon day vs kraken day 20players at kraken while TWT get 100+ players, or better just look at reset raids for factions, just nuia only got 100+ players right now while im typing this post :x

Back