What's new

Server updates 7/9: Renewed Violent Maelstrom naval arena, Uncensored Whisper Raiment, etc.

Sparkle

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
a3J43M2.png
Dear ArcheRagers! Please take a minute to check changes and updates we prepared for you.

To apply them, server is going to be restarted on 7/9 at 7 am.
Duration time - 40 minutes.

List of updates:
  • Violent Maelstrom naval arena is now reopened after multiple changes and improvements made [LINK]
    Changes:
    • Number of arena participant reduced from 10x10 to to 6x6.
    • Big ships were changed to unique color Speedboats. 6 Speedboats per team → 1 per team participant.
    • Skills and arena effects were completely reworked.
    • Battle style was totally changed.
    • New Quests and updated old daily Quests rewards were added.
    • New Achievements were added.
    • New Rewards were added.
    • New unique Title that can be received from Naval arena Achievements only was added.
    • Players can no longer receive points from killing enemy team players.
    • Reduced the number of points provided for the sunken ship to 20.
    • Reduced the number of required points for victory from 300 to 200.
    • Reduced the players respawn time to 10 sec.
    • Battle time reduced from 20 minutes to 15 minutes.
    • Changed the design of Maelstrom Coins Exchanger.
    • Increased a number of Honor Points player receives for participating in Violent Maelstrom.
  • Hermit's Glare added to the Mirage Festival Gift Exchanger for Rum Runner Coins.
  • Careless Whisper Raiment & Final Whisper Raiment costumes were uncensored.
  • In-game boutique updated [LINK]
  • Loyalty shop changes [LINK]
  • Merit shop changes [LINK]

I tried the new naval arena today, after finally finding the courage since the previous was so.. messy. The new version is amazing! It's a lot of fun, reminds me of the water cannon arena event back on the live servers. And on top of that ofc the nice rewards c:

The only thing that I struggle with is the targetting. From a distance it's impossible to see which boat is the enemy, you must get super close. I was actually sailing towards my teammate cuz I thought he was from the other team.. but the other team was chasing him instead of other way around, so I was sailing at dead speed at the wrong boat XD Maybe this can be changed slightly so we can see which boat is which at maybe 100m?

Edit: I didnt get updates for losing and dying in the new arena, just what i had from before:
upload_2019-7-29_14-6-24.png

upload_2019-7-29_14-24-40.png

Last edited:
@Aviendha To recognize the enemy from the distance you can hover your mouse over the boat. It will look like crossed swords if that's the enemy's boat.
As for that 2 achievements you screenshoted, I'm not siure I got you correctly, do you mean that 2 achievements are not updating for you even if you lose or die?

@Aviendha To recognize the enemy from the distance you can hover your mouse over the boat. It will look like crossed swords if that's the enemy's boat.
As for that 2 achievements you screenshoted, I'm not siure I got you correctly, do you mean that 2 achievements are not updating for you even if you lose or die?

Idk if you tried the arena, but most of the time I cant keep up my mouse with the moving boats lol players are fast and unpredictable, I didn't even mention how hard it sometimes is to actually select a boat to shoot at :p

Those scores you see on the achievements are what I got during the old naval arena, I've done 6 battles now, and I lost 4 of them, died plenty, but they are stuck at the same number. I didn't check the other achievements yet that were there before the update. The new achievements work fine.

Idk if you tried the arena, but most of the time I cant keep up my mouse with the moving boats lol players are fast and unpredictable, I didn't even mention how hard it sometimes is to actually select a boat to shoot at :p

Those scores you see on the achievements are what I got during the old naval arena, I've done 6 battles now, and I lost 4 of them, died plenty, but they are stuck at the same number. I didn't check the other achievements yet that were there before the update. The new achievements work fine.
I tried, that's why recommended you the way to detect them from the distance that I was using.
Achievement "Defeats Streak" works fine and counts loses. But you are correct regarding the "Fish Feed" one. We may need to make the changes to it as arena score no longer counts players death but counts boats death only, that's why this achievement is no longer working. We'll have it reworked.

I tried, that's why recommended you the way to detect them from the distance that I was using.
Achievement "Defeats Streak" works fine and counts loses. But you are correct regarding the "Fish Feed" one. We may need to make the changes to it as arena score no longer counts players death but counts boats death only, that's why this achievement is no longer working. We'll have it reworked.

Okay thank you for the tip then, I'll try it out tomorrow x)

hmm my last lost fight didnt seem to register tho, might it be different because I used an additional entry token?

Thanks for the quick response <3

Okay thank you for the tip then, I'll try it out tomorrow x)
hmm my last lost fight didnt seem to register tho, might it be different because I used an additional entry token?
Thanks for the quick response <3
Yes.

Back