What's new

Server updates 9/22: Fishing Rods Skins, Magic Defense Erenor Shield, New Music Disc and other updates!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe after 5.0 release. We still have some updates we need to finish first and we are also working on 5.0, so working on more new events right now will delay new updates release.
But quests that give you prestige and guild xp are already available in game, some are daily but some a repeatable, like, for example, "Guild:Leather"; "Guild:Fabric", "Guild: Stone Bricks", etc. They will give you guild xp and prestige each time you complete them.

Maybe after 5.0 release. We still have some updates we need to finish first and we are also working on 5.0, so working on more new events right now will delay new updates release.
But quests that give you prestige and guild xp are already available in game, some are daily but some a repeatable, like, for example, "Guild:Leather"; "Guild:Fabric", "Guild: Stone Bricks", etc. They will give you guild xp and prestige each time you complete them.

Yes we know about the available quests. I understand as well that you don't have time for a new event right now.

Alas, "Guild:Leather"; "Guild:Fabric", "Guild: Stone Bricks" quests are UTTER garbage.

The other ones, combined with Ocleera and Kadum, give approximately 155 guild exp per day, or 1085 per week. This is excluding the experia, as those are variable. Getting a guild from level 6 to 7 is 480k experience. That is 442 weeks of guild experience, about 44 weeks for my guild with us having about 10 active members. And we choose to stay small because of wanting a safe and friendly environment without pressure... but 44 weeks is almost an entire year... and that does not give us yet access to the custom content. Spending experience on that would increase the time even further.

(Side note: I've kept track, and we actually didn't even reach 10k exp from our missions, barely 3k excluding experia.)

That is why I asked about an event, and why I said to not make the game so limiting in regards to small guilds. Everything is focused towards large, well-established guilds right now and that is unfair. Not everyone finds they fit in such a large guild.

I am very sad I can't provide for my guild anymore by planting for them on my land, but I hope you take into consideration that there is demand for more guild experience that isn't a gold sink. Almost 3k gold for 5-6k experience from 100 pines is laughable, and many people can't cough up that kind of gold.

An additional option, next to an event, is decreasing the craft cost for experia, btw.

~~
Would also like to point out that the below reasoning is faulty, because who ever wants to use "alt guilds" to bid on castles will keep finding a way to do so. They only need the minimum exp for the rankings, they don't need to level their guilds.

1600783304000.png

I don't understand, if you didn't know about the bug and didn't abuse it in the way I described, then what changed for you now?

Yes we know about the available quests. I understand as well that you don't have time for a new event right now.

Alas, "Guild:Leather"; "Guild:Fabric", "Guild: Stone Bricks" quests are UTTER garbage.

The other ones, combined with Ocleera and Kadum, give approximately 155 guild exp per day, or 1085 per week. This is excluding the experia, as those are variable. Getting a guild from level 6 to 7 is 480k experience. That is 442 weeks of guild experience, about 44 weeks for my guild with us having about 10 active members. And we choose to stay small because of wanting a safe and friendly environment without pressure... but 44 weeks is almost an entire year... and that does not give us yet access to the custom content. Spending experience on that would increase the time even further.

(Side note: I've kept track, and we actually didn't even reach 10k exp from our missions, barely 3k excluding experia.)

That is why I asked about an event, and why I said to not make the game so limiting in regards to small guilds. Everything is focused towards large, well-established guilds right now and that is unfair. Not everyone finds they fit in such a large guild.

I am very sad I can't provide for my guild anymore by planting for them on my land, but I hope you take into consideration that there is demand for more guild experience that isn't a gold sink. Almost 3k gold for 5-6k experience from 100 pines is laughable, and many people can't cough up that kind of gold.

An additional option, next to an event, is decreasing the craft cost for experia, btw.

~~
Would also like to point out that the below reasoning is faulty, because who ever wants to use "alt guilds" to bid on castles will keep finding a way to do so. They only need the minimum exp for the rankings, they don't need to level their guilds.

View attachment 13270
There is a level requirement for siege eligibility.
A small guild of 10 people isn't a guild. Its a family. You want the benefits of the guild system but do not want to play by the intended purpose of a guild which is to have a large organisation of people. You can't have it both ways. Either expand the guild with more people or using alt characters for more exp or don't and slowly progress.

I don't understand, if you didn't know about the bug and didn't abuse it in the way I described, then what changed for you now?
Avie has been planting experia on their own land for other people to harvest, individually. That is (or should be) completely within the rules. Now those individual members will have to use their own land to plant the experia, some people dont have a lot of land and if they're actively using said land then its not great having it tied up for ~24h for a pine experia.

The correct response to the bug would have been to prevent multiple people harvesting for xp at once. The game already does this as only one person will complete the prestige quest if multiple people harvest at the same time.

I also feel that the exp requirements for levelling a guild should be made smaller, as afaik nothing was done to change the requirements despite the guild population cap being halved. If a guild wants to level up they now have half the player count with which to achieve this, and with the exp drain from guild buffs they will have to make a decision whether to apply the buff OR level the guild, which is just not right.

> Level 8 guild leader. I'm not suggesting this for my own benefit, but for the benefit of people that have decided to play in a way that the devs are deciding is unacceptable. I agree that people using something to keep in the rankings for siege eligibility should be prevented, but theres a ton of collateral in this decision and it doesnt feel like things were well thought through.

Stop alienating players that want to play their own way, unless you want to kill your shrinking population even faster.

Only the planter can harvest. Not only the land owner.

So people cannot harvest Aviendha's experia and can still plant their own on Aviendha's land if its open. So in this case they can use an open chest for people to plant their own instead

The correct response to the bug would have been to prevent multiple people harvesting for xp at once. The game already does this as only one person will complete the prestige quest if multiple people harvest at the same time.
Making interaction with the object restriction to the owner is the only way to prevent the bug to happen. If there would be another option, we would do that. But the only other option is banning players.

Avie has been planting experia on their own land for other people to harvest, individually. That is (or should be) completely within the rules. Now those individual members will have to use their own land to plant the experia, some people dont have a lot of land and if they're actively using said land then its not great having it tied up for ~24h for a pine experia.
Players can still plant Experia on the land set to family, guild or public. And Experia can be mailed to other players, so if you want to help another player in your guild you can still mail it to him and let him grow it on your land.

So, today's update mainly changed nothing for the players who didn't abuse the bug.

Couldnt the experia have been changed to instant harvest to greatly reduce the chance of this happening?
Ping would still allow multiple people at once to press harvest and as long as they press it before the server can communicate back to their client that its been harvested everyone would get exp.

They are crying because the fun of their alts was cut off because if they saw how the official servers are both kor/na/eu would not be crying and would be saying with open hands "THANK YOU" because here many options are still open that were already cut off even in past updates in the officials. And for those of you who think this server should be different remember... it's called ArcheAge and it follows a story, the story is shaped in the game and it's not your story, what the Staff does is just prepare for the Hiram events. They cried because the fishing stopped bathing them in gold, they cried because they added the gildas (legacy) pack and now they cry because of this... do they want daily gold or what? You pass by the White Arden land and it's an experiment field under the same owner and you see them connecting alts as if there was no tomorrow, let's not be hypocrites saying that we look at the benefits of the little ones when they retain 90% of the land

Craft Experia > Plant Experia Anywhere > Uproot Experia. Doesn't give guild xp but who cares about guilds anyways.
It does cost 6g per for that guild quest but doesn't need any owned land.

I'm not gonna waste more time explaining things I guess, already tried a lot. Sorry that it wasn't clear.

They are crying because the fun of their alts was cut off because if they saw how the official servers are both kor/na/eu would not be crying and would be saying with open hands "THANK YOU" because here many options are still open that were already cut off even in past updates in the officials. And for those of you who think this server should be different remember... it's called ArcheAge and it follows a story, the story is shaped in the game and it's not your story, what the Staff does is just prepare for the Hiram events. They cried because the fishing stopped bathing them in gold, they cried because they added the gildas (legacy) pack and now they cry because of this... do they want daily gold or what? You pass by the White Arden land and it's an experiment field under the same owner and you see them connecting alts as if there was no tomorrow, let's not be hypocrites saying that we look at the benefits of the little ones when they retain 90% of the land

uhh I am happy with fishing, I barely play on my other characters and I don't do tr.. what is your goal here? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back