What's new

Shadowblade to Hexblade?

Cynical

Hello I've been playing as a SB for a couple of weeks and I love Battlerage/witchcraft! But I have some trouble with survability so a friend told me to switch to Hex blade.

The problem is we are both legit new players (less than a month learning some of the mechanics on official) so I'm having trouble making gold and I spent all of mine on my first heroic obsidian leather jerkin lol so I would like to know if Leather Hexblade is viable? (I know it's supposed to run plate) if it is, mind sharing some tips on skill build/weapon choices and stuff like that please because I can't find ANY 2.9 guide :(

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I run a Leather Hexblade and that's also what I farm with, and I farm AoE monsters so i'll be able to give you advice.

I haven't been on in a week so my progress has definitely slowed down but it's entirely gear dependant. With one build I can pull 6-7 mobs and kill them without dying.

Weapon for me, T4 Nightmist (Obsidian Sword) celestial. Preferred the melee damage passive over flat hp and swords give parry rate which has a chance to reset battlerage skills which is handy since we don't have shadowplay or auramancy for mobility so we rely on Behind Enemy Lines and Tiger Strike.

I run full Unique/Celestial T1 Obsidian (T2 Jerkin) and Auroria Beldame wrists and belt and boots. I have a T3 celestial obsidian shield (If I play again i'll have to get it to T4, the V1 shield is Physical defence and that's necessary for full leather).

I run the Parry cape from Haunted Chests, and you're going to need to gem your Jerkin and Legs to keep defensive stats high enough.

For PvP run a Shadowblade set up with Shield bash, the blue shield ability, Invincibility, Redoubt and some passive/Health lift.

For my AoE farming build I needed 8 points in Witchcraft for the passive that restores 2% damage done as Mana, I get Purge, Banshee's Wail some passives and Play Dead.

I also don't take the shield abilities for my farming build just redoubt etc. and the Phys Def passive. You take Whirlwind Slash, Sunder Earth, BEL, Tiger Strike, Banshees as your main damage abilites. What I tend to do is tag monsters (With your gear you might only be able to grab like 3-4 turtles etc. but that's still good) with basic arrow ability, wait for them all to walk to me I use Behind enemy lines if you can get a bit of distance, Tiger strike, Sunder earth, Whirlwind Slash x 3 and by then hopefully they're dead or you've parried and reset your abilities to throw another Tiger strike in.

Oh! I also use the level 55 Witchcraft summon and a Wolf battle pet that'll help you kill the stragglers etc. but you could if you were tanky enough summon it on top of yourself as they're coming towards you. Ultimately this is the build you want for PvE, but i've actually burned myself out farming AoE non stop so i've not been on for a few days.

Good luck!

I run a Leather Hexblade and that's also what I farm with, and I farm AoE monsters so i'll be able to give you advice.

I haven't been on in a week so my progress has definitely slowed down but it's entirely gear dependant. With one build I can pull 6-7 mobs and kill them without dying.

Weapon for me, T4 Nightmist (Obsidian Sword) celestial. Preferred the melee damage passive over flat hp and swords give parry rate which has a chance to reset battlerage skills which is handy since we don't have shadowplay or auramancy for mobility so we rely on Behind Enemy Lines and Tiger Strike.

I run full Unique/Celestial T1 Obsidian (T2 Jerkin) and Auroria Beldame wrists and belt and boots. I have a T3 celestial obsidian shield (If I play again i'll have to get it to T4, the V1 shield is Physical defence and that's necessary for full leather).

I run the Parry cape from Haunted Chests, and you're going to need to gem your Jerkin and Legs to keep defensive stats high enough.

For PvP run a Shadowblade set up with Shield bash, the blue shield ability, Invincibility, Redoubt and some passive/Health lift.

For my AoE farming build I needed 8 points in Witchcraft for the passive that restores 2% damage done as Mana, I get Purge, Banshee's Wail some passives and Play Dead.

I also don't take the shield abilities for my farming build just redoubt etc. and the Phys Def passive. You take Whirlwind Slash, Sunder Earth, BEL, Tiger Strike, Banshees as your main damage abilites. What I tend to do is tag monsters (With your gear you might only be able to grab like 3-4 turtles etc. but that's still good) with basic arrow ability, wait for them all to walk to me I use Behind enemy lines if you can get a bit of distance, Tiger strike, Sunder earth, Whirlwind Slash x 3 and by then hopefully they're dead or you've parried and reset your abilities to throw another Tiger strike in.

Oh! I also use the level 55 Witchcraft summon and a Wolf battle pet that'll help you kill the stragglers etc. but you could if you were tanky enough summon it on top of yourself as they're coming towards you. Ultimately this is the build you want for PvE, but i've actually burned myself out farming AoE non stop so i've not been on for a few days.

Good luck!

Thank you much!! This is going to help me a lot! I just got home and I'm going to follow step by step what you told me.
A couple of questions if you don't mind.. What gems should I use on my legs and chest? Toughness? Thank God I can use leather.
Also hmm if is not too much to ask mind linking me a quick skill build for pvp? Cause for Pve you already told me how and I understood ^^ but I'm kinda confused on the pvp one..

I'm going to start farming right now, just got a lost garden shield to get started :D

Thank you much!! This is going to help me a lot! I just got home and I'm going to follow step by step what you told me.
A couple of questions if you don't mind.. What gems should I use on my legs and chest? Toughness? Thank God I can use leather.
Also hmm if is not too much to ask mind linking me a quick skill build for pvp? Cause for Pve you already told me how and I understood ^^ but I'm kinda confused on the pvp one..

I'm going to start farming right now, just got a lost garden shield to get started :D

Good plan, my gear score is like 3650 so you won't be able to pull the mobs that I can yet, but you will be able to in future after a bit of grinding! I can't get on to send you one at the moment since i'm in work but for PvP I go the Battlerage route, not Enervate/Mudhand.

From Witchcraft you want Banshees, Lassitude, Focal Concussion, i'll find a similar build to link and explain why mine's different;

http://earlygame.net/archeage/builds/73614-archeage_3_0_hexblade_build#1.3.2/TzHjHTxsvSE

So, in this build I personally don't take the Spy fortress passive from Defense, I take the 4 point passive to give me a higher chance to parry/block which resets the Tiger Strike/BEL cooldown which I find more useful. A lot of people use Boastful Roar from Defense and some use Ollo's hammer but I haven't had enough experience yet to include them, they're definitely worth using though.

Again for me personally I take all the Battlerage passives I can including the Dual-Weild one for the parry chance (Again resets) whereas this build doesn't.

For whatever reason this person doesn't use Focal Concussion (The Witchcraft skill) and even though the stun is very short and I have really bad ping so can't use it as well as I need to, it removes a buff and so does Purge which is amazing against Darkrunners (Can't remember the yellow auramancy skill but it's the one they spam for the speed) Tanks (Redoubt) Primevals (Freerunner) Mages (Insulating Lense) so it's very useful.

Your typical combo in 1v1 arena is wait for them to dive on you/you use Tiger strike/Behind Enemy Lines > Banshee's Wail > (If ping's good and you fear them without getting tripped etc.) Focal concussion > Purge > Lassitude. You want Lassitude to hit them as Banshee's comes off, many times against Darkrunners they'll cleanse the Banshee's and half a second later get slept by Lassitude. Then you just go Shield Slam > Bull Rush > Precision strike and slap them about. Yeah, use the Honor point 770 gems for your legs and top I think it's Toughness and Resillience or something like that, they have a 50% chance to fail every time you use them and if they fail they remove all of the gems on the item so i've been told if you can get 3 in an equip stop there.

Back