What's new

Should large bloodstains be 50 crime points; the custom change be reverted.

Should Large Bloodstains reflect 6.5 live servers? Becoming 50 infamy instead of the cutom 25.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lumanatic

As it stands, Large bloodstains count for 25 crime points. There is an old forum post made by another player that got little engagement about the infamy system in general and I thought they brought up some good points. (https://na.archerage.to/forums/threads/suggestion-change-the-infamy-system.10715/ for those interested) With the recent discussion in the game debates channel on the official Archerage discord, I thought it best to make a poll on the forums. Hopefully, we can get more engagement around this discussion topic. One way or the other.

The weight the justice system carries on this server is less than 6.5 live servers for these reasons below:
  1. On 6.5 live servers, large bloodstains count for 50 crime points. (currently 25 on this server)
  2. The 4x labor generation makes the labor cost to get out ¼ of the penalty it should be according to XL.

I believe the justice system is not punishing enough in its current state and will be voting for the reversion to the live servers. I support making it more punishing to rob/murder your own faction. (even if you fail to steal that full merch of 100g Gilda packs you were eyeing). These patches are Faction V faction oriented, yet the infamy system is reminiscent of 2.9 - 3.5 Archerage when it was Guild v Guild and/or PN v PN.

Give people a reason to contemplate going pirate and/or exile if they want to rob/murder their current faction, I say. In its current state, the justice system is not enough of a pain point for players to entertain those thoughts.

Last edited:
There are no custom changes applied to crime points and bloodstains.
Large bloodstains will generate 20 - 100 crime points depending on the ancestral level difference.

We won't be making any changes to the crime system.

There are no custom changes applied to crime points and bloodstains.
Large bloodstains will generate 20 - 100 crime points depending on the ancestral level difference.

We won't be making any changes to the crime system.
i played live on this version of the game and was a common issue when you killed a player you got insta wanted + the several crime point if wasn't a 1 shot, i can say the same happened on the versions from unchained i played (Stena 6.3 garden - 6.5 ipnysh sanctuary) - (marmas 7.0 chronicles) (godfrey 7.5 akash invasion)

i know sjinderson will say 6.3 never existed like several time in the past so i will paste this

Last edited:
i played live on this version of the game and was a common issue when you killed a player you got insta wanted + the several crime point if wasn't a 1 shot, i can say the same happened on the versions from unchained i played (Stena 6.3 garden - 6.5 ipnysh sanctuary) - (marmas 7.0 chronicles) (godfrey 7.5 akash invasion)

i know sjinderson will say 6.3 never existed like several time in the past so i will paste this
Those patch numbers are not correct and neither are the patch details provided.

There is no crime point changes as part of 6.5

This seems reasonable, on live infamy and the threat of jail didn't make it impossible to purple, purpling in this system always can just be seen as a gold value. You have labour tasks which have a silver per labour ration attached to it, so if the labour requirement to get out of jail is less than what you stand to gain then you can always just purple, even if it's not worth it by that metric you can just afk in jail anyway until you minmax the value, we all need to touch grass a little bit sometimes.

Most people don't care about silver per labour since we get so much labour and all they care about is spending their daily labour. All this contributes to a feeling that right now the relative cost of purpling is very low considering these factors, most purpling isn't even worth thinking about and can be done without much consideration.

Another thing to consider is that Ancestral level difference isn't the most important factor for deciding how imbalanced the pvp is, I assume that purpling lower ancestral levels giving more crime points is meant to disuade bullying new players, but with returning players that haven't played since 3.0/3.5 in 2019 they will quickly get to ancestral 36 but their gear progression will take weeks to even get above 12k gs, which is still a gearscore difference that is almost insurmountable when they have to fight the most geared players on this server. Maybe gearscore difference should scale the crime points instead of ancestral level difference.

Those patch numbers are not correct and neither are the patch details provided.

There is no crime point changes as part of 6.5
Was introduced way before not on 6.5 just ask any player that played live and is not involved on east pk drama and they can confirm it. I literally killed a player trolling me during transport, skewer him twice plus several antithesis spams and i didn't got enough crime point even to get wanted status in here, for he same on live i could get easy 100 crime points.
if i correctly recall the change of infamy should be around 6.0 when the castles were modified into faction content cause the game turned into a faction based game so the infamy got overhauled at some point turning it very punitive for player that decided to play off the new standard of the game.

Last edited:
Was introduced way before not on 6.5 just ask any player that played live and is not involved on east pk drama and they can confirm it. I literally killed a player trolling me during transport, skewer him twice plus several antithesis spams and i didn't got enough crime point even to get wanted status in here, for he same on live i could get easy 100 crime points.
if i correctly recall the change of infamy should be around 6.0 when the castles were modified into faction content cause the game turned into a faction based game so the infamy got overhauled at some point turning it very punitive for player that decided to play off the new standard of the game.
Changes were already done in 6.1 which are in place and there are no custom modifications to these values.

As it stands, Large bloodstains count for 25 crime points. There is an old forum post made by another player that got little engagement about the infamy system in general and I thought they brought up some good points. (https://na.archerage.to/forums/threads/suggestion-change-the-infamy-system.10715/ for those interested) With the recent discussion in the game debates channel on the official Archerage discord, I thought it best to make a poll on the forums. Hopefully, we can get more engagement around this discussion topic. One way or the other.

The weight the justice system carries on this server is less than 6.5 live servers for these reasons below:
  1. On 6.5 live servers, large bloodstains count for 50 crime points. (currently 25 on this server)
  2. The 4x labor generation makes the labor cost to get out ¼ of the penalty it should be according to XL.

I believe the justice system is not punishing enough in its current state and will be voting for the reversion to the live servers. I support making it more punishing to rob/murder your own faction. (even if you fail to steal that full merch of 100g Gilda packs you were eyeing). These patches are Faction V faction oriented, yet the infamy system is reminiscent of 2.9 - 3.5 Archerage when it was Guild v Guild and/or PN v PN.

Give people a reason to contemplate going pirate and/or exile if they want to rob/murder their current faction, I say. In its current state, the justice system is not enough of a pain point for players to entertain those thoughts.
I stand even firmer in my opinion, especially with tomorrow's upcoming nerf to the bounty cloak.
https://na.archerage.to/forums/thre...-cost-permanent-marketplace-update-etc.10894/

1658182063238.png

But you want a change to something that does not exist anymiore? Can confirm, crime points go up to 100. I had to kill someone's pet at cr because it was making boss immune and got 100 crime points for it. There's no default of 25.

The decision to nerf the cloak pushes the game more to a guild vs guild narrative, i don't think this is balanced on a faction system unless the admins plan to abolish the factions

Back