What's new

Should the devs mirror trion with a sub / f2p?

chantress

I was chatting to some ppl on live that have played this server, but have gone back to retail. The main reason was hackers and they didnt want to put a lot of time into this server and have it shut down.

A lot also said if they made it have a fair sub, with cosmetics and the odd non p2w items. All should be able to get in the game.

No Loot boxes, the same labor pool and regen, ah access to all and alts allowed, they basically wanted trion like servers without all the p2w stuff.

If they did have a sub, they could didtch this donation p2w, not sure how it works with the sueing lark though.

ALL I want is a fair server no p2w, no op donation stuff, no hackers ... wil lit even happen?? doubt it.... :(

Implying official servers don't get shut down as well. Lel.
I don't think this private server would survive with a p2p model, if you make it fair then whales have no way to give you their money and since you're locking out all of the f2p you also won't be making much with just subs.
Well it depends on the type of population this server has but I'm not sure AA players would want that to happen, a completely fair environment only benefits those who can play the game for extended periods of time and if you work or have school then good luck being remotely competitive. The current cash shop allows those players to stay competitive even when working and f2p can still be competitive by investing their time ingame.
Yes, this allows for whales to be on top of the leaderboards but does that really matter? The chances of you meeting such people are slim to none. You'll most likely be facing your average gear score player most of the times.

Also alts are a fucking retarded mentality. You don't want labour regen but you want alts so you can abuse labour?
Not to mention this only benefits those with beefy computers, good luck multiboxing if you have a shit pc.
Not that fair of an environment now, is it.

im on about both like trion f2p as well as a sub option... just this ps to make it fair, no p2w sheite.. .f2p players have an even playing field with land etc. labor the same, ah acess all the stuff trion forgets about.

The arguement against time investment by allowing working players is total BS... that thread asking how Feb got so geared? Well thats how... by being both. He invests large amounts of time in the game AND he pays a crap ton... Thats just dumb. If you cant invest time into the game then gg go play Rocket League... this game is built in a way to reward the dedicated and that is AWESOME. It is a game design that has pretty much dissapeared nowadays due to the lucrative nature of microtransactions and the feeble minded attempts to defend this greedy trend.

Games are better when you can look at a player and wonder how much time they invest in the game instead of wondering what kind of job lets them have that gear... I mean isnt that sad? That we cant look at anyone on the leaderboard and say "damn good job"? Its not enjoyable to see whales up there who just invest money to gain gold that would take a hard working player all day to get.

I believe this game can be sub based and still survive. We have plenty of addicts. However hackers have to be dealt with.

But now that I say that I have to wonder if the game truly could be sub based seeing as a lot of high GS players quit when donations went down and they couldnt open their wallet for their gear anymore... Who knows... maybe another group will get a PS up and try exactly that... probably not cuz like I said, P2W/microtransaction is incredible lucrative and very appealing to anyone trying to make money... no matter how tired people are of them (have you seen the reddit post for Battlefront 2? I work at Fred Meyers Electronics and that game is rarely bought! Meanwhile COD:WWII is soldout soon as we get it... wonder why...)

make me wonder what they will do when the world bans loot boxes (classed as gambling) mind you it's illegal so some say, so they prob wont give a stuff i guess...

If the GMs allow gold trader actions (customers are untouchables now) and put p2w items to the shop that will not work. If we got static "maximum" cost in RM (subscription) and all p2w options will cut out or forbidden that will work... but not in private server. How can you describe the system where you have to "donate" to get VIP service? The serer loses the protection of hypocrats.
+ Close all p2w trade routes is bigger work. Small team can't handle it. This is development in game and in log in/user system too. If trino or other publishers offer subscription model without p2w shop and without multiaccount that is better. But Trino didn't fix any part of subscription/account system and it let multiple accounts and trash cash shop destroy the game. I don't think it will do something player friendly system. That is unknown area for Trino. They are good in slot machines and teleshops. :)

Server is fine the way it is. If this server mirrored the live server what would be the point of it... Might as well play live lol.

the worst thing atm: ik plenty of ppl who started on the 3.0 freshstart searching for the p2w less server, they did mention it will be... after a month or two their server went slowly p2w and many exploits did happen (like the apex exploit from 1.2 or something... lol)

and this server is in the best way getting into this kind of trion milking maschine... implying more and more pay2win aspwects without even handling the hacks before it, isn't the nicest move you can do for your community.

(Edited because this english was aids to read)

Last edited:
and this server is more and more getting into this kind of trion milking maschine... implying more and more pay2win aspwects without even handling the hacks before it, isn't the nicest move you can do for your community.
They delayed the castles until they managed to get the anticheat in place and today they upgraded it again.
What do you mean "not handling", if anything they're doing pretty damn good.
You also have to keep in mind no amount of anticheat will completely wipe hackers out, all they can do is wait for a new hack to come out and patch it. Or change how the game detects hackers, which isn't an easy thing to do because glitches and bugs might cause innocent players to get flagged by mistake.

Why the hell would they mimic the same shit as retail like this is a private server wich means the community can make suggestions and ask the devs for improvements please do not compare this server to trion whatsoever i dont understand why u keep moaning and bitching about IT not being the same like RETAIL LIKE PLEASE this is no trion STOP

Why the hell would they mimic the same shit as retail like this is a private server wich means the community can make suggestions and ask the devs for improvements please do not compare this server to trion whatsoever i dont understand why u keep moaning and bitching about IT not being the same like RETAIL LIKE PLEASE this is no trion STOP

Pls read my post, i said like trions without all the crappy problems that trion put on the servers, liek p2w, labor, patron p2w you know ...

I honestly think poeple that cry about P2W should just stop playing the game and thats that. Accept that any game you ever play will never be truly fair. Heck even Leagues isnt completely fair. Why? because poeple with better rigs have an advantage of higher FPS, poepel with faster connections have lower ping, people closer to servers have better ping etc etc. These things are unavoidable and similarly IRL is P2W. I cant for the life of me try to race a Ferrari for example with my shitty corrola for example. Just accept the game for what it is and Enjoy it. So many poeple cry about the gear gap that Feb and Hellen and those whales have, but honestly how often do 90% of these poeple actualy engage in pvp/competative gaming. Most are just perma famring land and running packs to earn gold to get super op gear eventually, and by that point feb and the whales have even better gear again. if at most 20 poeple are super pay to win, theres still hundereds of others to pvp with and enjoy the game. These posts just diminish the hopes of newer players more and more. And for the love of god, those ded server/pay to win spams that happen every time a player regrades a divine or epic i fkcing dumb, and again kills the server. imagine yourself as a new player with no AA experience at level 20 see someone hit divine, and have the entire chat spam p2w/ded server/hacker etc. they dont know whether divine is impossible for them to achieve, so they just give up before they even start. Same issue I have with guilds who just care about Gearscore instead of opimal builds. then you have alot of mages running focus which does little to nothing for their builds. its little issues like this that cause AA servers to fail time and time again. Im more than happy playing on 3.5k gs Oracle/druid and I participate and enjoy pvping with my guild and doing content. Why cant others just enjoy the game for what it is and stop trying to be in that top 1%??

Rant over.

Why the hell do people flock here from official servers only to ask how we can make this more like official servers? I will never understand the people who pose these questions or these ideas.

I was chatting to some ppl on live that have played this server, but have gone back to retail. The main reason was hackers and they didnt want to put a lot of time into this server and have it shut down.

A lot also said if they made it have a fair sub, with cosmetics and the odd non p2w items. All should be able to get in the game.

No Loot boxes, the same labor pool and regen, ah access to all and alts allowed, they basically wanted trion like servers without all the p2w stuff.

If they did have a sub, they could didtch this donation p2w, not sure how it works with the sueing lark though.

ALL I want is a fair server no p2w, no op donation stuff, no hackers ... wil lit even happen?? doubt it.... :(

No, I wanna play a private server not a damn clone of trions and XLs garbage.

No, I wanna play a private server not a damn clone of trions and XLs garbage.

You got smaller half of this demand. Free patron, no alts, but same trash p2w ofefr in cash shop + free goldseller trades. P2w with free patron in one side, no p2w with non free patron in other side. This unlimited p2w is "Not a problem" until you don't have to fight vs p2w users. . Staring land rush were pure p2w too. Without p2w cash shop game can give lands for larger player groups. Endgame cash shop content was simple and stupid mistake. The team did nice work, than they run to one the smallest but most annoying issue. Bad luck. :)

We will see the tears after this castle rush. Hidden power differences will be more visibles.

Back