What's new

Should the Hiram drop rate off Abyssal mobs be increased?

Should the drop rate of Hiram be increased on Abyssal mobs

• No the drop rate is fine and does not need adjusted

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
New players do not need to grind to start on the server. They're provided support pack gear already.

As for the drop rate it'll remain as it is.
Gear is a progression. That means it takes time and should be something you develop over time. Not something you acquire in days or weeks. Players have gotten where they are today over the course of a year or longer.

Hiram is not a catchup gear. It is a new type of gear entirely and just like other gear should require time and investment. Not be acquired in days
You say that gear is something that should take time to acquire because those of us who have been on the server for a long time have worked hard for our gear. Yet people like me who have made erenor gear, and grinder the mats just to get basic gear get surpassed in a day because of changes that you made to the game. It no longer starts out at basic but arcane that takes thousands of gold and gameplay hours to get to arcane and you are allowing players now to get it in a matter of seconds. There is nothing that can be done for those of us who worked hard. Why should hard work factor in anywhere in the game when it does not apply to all instances of the game?

The Devs are the ones who get final decision on changes. They are the ones putting them into the game.
We review peoples suggestions against the information we have at our disposal. Then go to the Devs about what can be done with it. They're either approve it, deny it or say it isn't possible

Nobody is forced to grind mobs for hours for progression. Going for Hiram gear is a choice. Everything in Archeage is a choice.
You have 4 dynamics for gear progression that while are not all equal in strengh have different costs to gain.
Crafted gear being exactly that, crafting from raw materials.
Obsidian gear being crafted through boss drops and grinded materials
Dungeon gear being made by grinding dungeons and upgrading with both materials and grinded items.
Hiram being made solely through grinding mobs

It is a choice to get hiram gear just like it is a choice to farm those mobs for hours grinding it.

If you're going to start insulting players by claiming they have autism I'll be forced to remove your messages as this is no place to be insulting others especially for how they play the game

You say that gear is something that should take time to acquire because those of us who have been on the server for a long time have worked hard for our gear. Yet people like me who have made erenor gear, and grinder the mats just to get basic gear get surpassed in a day because of changes that you made to the game. It no longer starts out at basic but arcane that takes thousands of gold and gameplay hours to get to arcane and you are allowing players now to get it in a matter of seconds. There is nothing that can be done for those of us who worked hard. Why should hard work factor in anywhere in the game when it does not apply to all instances of the game?
Those changes to erenors starting grade were apart of the patch notes. So you'd of been able to know of that change. And if you made it before then you should of already surpassed arcane. While yes those notes were only the non finalised custom notes we have said that the way patch updates are done is by bringing over the patch in its original form. Then applying our previous custom content and then making custom changes based on what was discussed.
While I understand the point you could of expected the grade change before the patch updated because it was in patch notes beforehand
This is not same circumstance. This is people wanting a to make a gear set even easier to get days after it has been added.

If you're going to start insulting players by claiming they have autism I'll be forced to remove your messages as this is no place to be insulting others especially for how they play the game

Who specifically did I insult? I merely made the point that there are people out there who will grind even if it isn't fun because it's something to do. And they will adversely affect the statistical results that you're working off of to make some of these decisions.

The Devs are the ones who get final decision on changes. They are the ones putting them into the game.
We review peoples suggestions against the information we have at our disposal. Then go to the Devs about what can be done with it. They're either approve it, deny it or say it isn't possible

Look at the current poll results. 15 to 0 in favor of improving this ridiculously grindy system. So, you're saying that the "it won't be changed" comment earlier has already gone through this process and the "dev" has already declined to make any changes? What are you saying here? I'm not asking for a rhetorical reason, either; I'm asking to make a value decision on whether or not this server is worth playing on anymore.

You have 4 dynamics for gear progression that while are not all equal in strengh have different costs to gain.
Crafted gear being exactly that, crafting from raw materials.
Obsidian gear being crafted through boss drops and grinded materials
Dungeon gear being made by grinding dungeons and upgrading with both materials and grinded items.
Hiram being made solely through grinding mobs

Crafted gear = real money or years of grinding and driving haulers.
Obsidian gear = real money or years of grinding and driving haulers.
Dungeon gear, don't know anything about it so it must be sub-prime to be useful in most situations.
Hiram = super grind mode.

Not to mention that these four gear paths don't sound like a whole lot of fun anyway. It sounds like "spend money or suffer, those are your choices". That was Trion/XL Games's design in order to fleece players as much as possible/generate profit. That's why most of us even gave this server a chance in the first place.

They could easily fix this by re-implementing RNG crafting, which they should

I'd just be happy if some of the "fun" was re-implemented into this "game". The whole point of coming here in the first place for players was that it was going to be more fun. Every patch has inched closer and closer to what Trion/XL did to save sinking financial ships, and that's why they're sitting at the bottom of the barrel or hanging out in the Gamigo graveyard now. Because they added a bunch of stuff that simply wasn't fun, took fun things away, and designed systems not from the perspective of "would this be fun?" but instead the perspective of "will this get sales up?"

They could easily fix this by re-implementing RNG crafting, which they should
I've spoken with them in re-introducing the rng system only briefly. But it needs to be completely gone over how it would work with transmutors and over things. But i never had it fully ready for 4.5

And if you made it before then you should of already surpassed arcane.

This kind of stuff specifically is leaving a really sour taste in peoples' mouths, and you guys should really think about it and how you say it.

"You're better than that now" doesn't take away the fact that people spent a lot of time, effort, and sometimes real money on this stuff. It's the same reason that players got really angry about the welfare divine obsidian, and the response from staff was the same, "oh, you guys have better stuff than that now, stop complaining."

Yeah, many of us had better stuff than that. It doesn't take away the fact that we spent a year or more getting it, working for it, FINANCIALLY SUPPORTING THE SERVER all of that time to get it, and then it was given away for free to people who weren't here the whole time.

The best strategy for casual players, to be perfectly honest, is to just disappear for 6 months if you don't want to drop a thousand dollars or a thousand hours of time because you're eventually going to get caught up for free.

We're not asking for free Hiram. We're asking for the possibility of people who actually have jobs to have the opportunity to acquire and enjoy it. It doesn't seem like a big ask considering how much has been given away to people over the last couple of years who don't stay anyway.

Thread went off topic. All the posts not related to the discussion topic were removed. Please keep on topic if you have what to say and don't use insults towards staff or other community members as your argument. Thank you.

I've spoken with them in re-introducing the rng system only briefly. But it needs to be completely gone over how it would work with transmutors and over things. But i never had it fully ready for 4.5
Its not that complicated, just make transmutors only work on ayanad. Like you know there was a gigantic discussion about it in the forums a while back with inputs from every single one of the remaining people who were relevant crafters. Its hard to take your word on things though on what you plan to do or have done or claim will be done because you specifically have lied a lot in the past or have just been blatantly incorrect, and thats not an insult it's just how it is.

We believe the drop rates for the current version of Hiram are good for this patch. Sjinderson gave some statistics above.
Players have at least a few months until Hiram T2 is introduced, so even giving little time to grinding mobs withing the next few months, should provide you with the Hiram items you are interested in and enough time to improve them to T1 Celestial.
We, however, don't speak here about any changes related to 4.7, ways to improve Hiram in them or drop rates from it. The current version is 4.5 and in 4.5 realities drop rate is satisfactory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back