What's new

Siege QoL

Tazboi

Hello everyone,

I'd first like to front this with a warm THANKS to everyone that attended the siege this past weekend. I understand there is still residual annoyances that are being dealt with in other threads over mechanics that were used to counter others, but I hope to keep those from being included in discussion in this thread. I'm hoping in this thread to primarily discuss quality of life mechanics that I noticed could be implemented to support both sides in the future as wide-scale PvP shifts focus to sieges.

1.) Surrounding Farms/Houses and Storage

From what I already understand about sieges, in houses the storage entities (chests, workbenches, cushions, statues, etc.) are removed from collision/vision during the siege so as to minimally affect their involvement in siege proceedings. However, from the Marcala siege this past weekend, there is a fewother entities that are necessary to consider also removing collision/vision from for future sieges (as a custom mechanic/bug fix):

-Territory Packs (unsure if limited to territory goods, or if all packs)
-Fences/decor items
-Territory Farm questgivers/fencing (annoyingly easy to get stuck on)
-etc. (any others?)

I don't want to advocate for the entire removal of the houses/fellowships/territory farms, as I believe they encourage quality tactical plays (nice job west melee btw), however these other entities are quite annoying and can be easily abused in preventing fair play in hereafter sieges.

2.) Return to Base/Status Sensitive Keybinds

I think this one explains itself pretty well.

Having any of your keys/key modifiers (shift+key, alt+key) at all connected to status-sensitive keybinds (the ones for your glider, etc.) you would be forced to rebind throughout the siege when in the area. This is solely due to it forcing a status-sensitive menu (with only one option), and since status-sensitive binds take priority over any of your other keybinds, this can quickly become very annoying to those accustomed to muscle memory for immunes, cc breaks, etc.

I propose a custom change where this bind is removed from a status-sensitive menu and used similar in the way to the Skirmish Arena CC-break (being on a different bar), being a basic skill (like bow shot, recall, etc.), or removed all together.

Please feel free to discuss any arguing points in the comments. :)

Just temporarily change the keybinds while you’re in a siege?
Any binds that are shared with your status sensitive binds can not be used for the entire duration of the siege, the biggest issue is also that the skill the siege gives everyone is useless and is almost never used so making it a clickable skill rather then something that you can bind would be great the only people effected by such a change would be the defending leader/attacker but even then it wouldn't be a big deal.

Back