What's new

So.....4.0 and 4.5

Lindzay

100% lunagem crafting.
3x 2.9 regrade rates coming in 4.5
100% no RNG crafted warriors necklaces.
Costume Synthesis purchasable for HONOR
Regrade Charms purchasable for HONOR
Resplendent Scrolls purchasable IN GAME without loyalty. (might be iffy on this one I have to double check)
Crafting armor RNG is already completely gone.
Removal of abyssal shards so that only abyssal crystals drop....and lots of them.
115-118% tempers purchasable for HONOR

Plus numerous quality of life changes.

I hate the way XL / Trino handles things for a long while now as much as the next person but....not gonna bullshit you, these features that were probably squeezed from the bloody closed fists of XL are pretty damn cool.

So my question is.....

Will the PServer be able to keep up?

(And yes, I realize everything related to potato and farming gameplay changes for the worst after 3.5, putting your potato down for a second, theres other gameplay though besides farming fucking corn and wheat.)

Yea but those design choices were made to accommodate the erenor grind. We aren't in the stage of the game where those rates would be healthy to growth.

100% lunagem crafting.
3x 2.9 regrade rates coming in 4.5
100% no RNG crafted warriors necklaces.
Costume Synthesis purchasable for HONOR
Regrade Charms purchasable for HONOR
Resplendent Scrolls purchasable IN GAME without loyalty. (might be iffy on this one I have to double check)
Crafting armor RNG is already completely gone.
Removal of abyssal shards so that only abyssal crystals drop....and lots of them.
115-118% tempers purchasable for HONOR

Plus numerous quality of life changes.

I hate the way XL / Trino handles things for a long while now as much as the next person but....not gonna bullshit you, these features that were probably squeezed from the bloody closed fists of XL are pretty damn cool.

So my question is.....

Will the PServer be able to keep up?

(And yes, I realize everything related to potato and farming gameplay changes for the worst after 3.5, putting your potato down for a second, theres other gameplay though besides farming fucking corn and wheat.)
Most of these changes are bad for the game imo

Bridging the rng gap with cheaper luckies is good IMO, but I hated the crafting changes. The thrill of crafting is replaced with a shitty grind

These updates are to increase the amount of players on the new fresh start they'll be launching next year. Gets rid of a lot of the early (late) game grind. Letting people get back to where they we're on previous fresh start, or Legacy servers. IMO it's just going to kill the new FS server faster than pre-4.0. That's just how I see it though. I'm sure there are other opinions about the changes that conflict with mine.

Yea but those design choices were made to accommodate the erenor grind. We aren't in the stage of the game where those rates would be healthy to growth.

Actually a majority of those changes were made to accommodate people bitching about the horrid parts of the game. We been bitchin about lunagem and lunagem RNG and replacing all that bullshit every time you upgrade for at least 2 and a half years now. We been bitchin about the gear gap since 2.5. (I guess their Idea of curving this is bringing the average players gear up to divine so that theres only 2 frames really between you and a whale. (A whale will always tap into legendary items thats just the flow of things)
And with no RNG on gems.....there's no excuse for not pvping anymore you and the whale have equal slots so....aside from that.

Nobody fuckin uses Erenor on live outside of the weapon. Everything else on those gear sets suck ass. Yes, even worse than typical ayanad pieces. The shields don't have bonuses and are shitty unless you dump loads of mats into them. The accessories are easily skippable and you can get by on divine ayanad accessories no problem. The armor itself, even with the frosts and all that bullshit, ARE COMPLETE TRASH. Stat values, trash, attack bonuses? Trash. Defence bonuses? Trash. Instrument? FUCKIN GARBAGE. Not only that but a large amount of builds that revolve around melee healing power, and pen (shortspear users) Katana mage users, <----get shafted. If you don't have a legendary shortspear or legendary T7 katana by the time erenor came out you're shafted.
And if you have a legendary T7 anything you can skip Erenor because its not worth the cost to upgrade for 20-50 dmg.

Some of these things aught to be easy to implement I would think, just a matter of tweaking some number values that affect the RNG. Some things like Regrade Charms could even just go into the general vendor to act as a gold sink.

Back