What's new

Something needs to be done about kraken/black dragon for the eu/asian player base.

New spawn timer for Kraken and BD. 1 month Trial

• - 11:30 am Kraken + 5:00 pm BD (Tue)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • - 11:30 am Kraken + 5:00 pm BD (Thu)

• - 12:30 pm Kraken + 5:00 pm BD (Tue)

• - 3:30 pm Kraken + 5:00 pm BD (Tue)

• -11:30 am Kraken (Tue) BD (Thu)

• -3:30 pm Kraken (Tue) BD (Thu)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As I can see, right now, the best option that all sides would agree to is to move weekend Kraken and BD to some time earlier. Am I correct?​
Please "Like" this post if you agree and add a "Sad face" if you don't. If that option is something majority will agree to, we'll then discuss the best time for it.​

Important! I ask to vote with Likes and Dislikes (sad face) only those players who are really interested in the event and going to visit it!​

@Sparkle what the Anti-Monopoly organisation have to say?
Jerrod made a good point about the server being advertised as NA could be miss leading with a change. Jerrod is also right about the amount of people we can get for Kraken is 70-80 for both West and East. 120 at Halcy is true but a misleading amount of people ready to pvp in an effective manner so many of those players would not show for a 3hr BD.

We get to the same argument that is all the time overlooked and i'll repeat it one more time. There was Russian server and there was NA server, obvious choice for english speaking community was to go to NA one. RU server over time got english client support and then it changed name to EU. Some people talking about "not making enough research" and "should start playing EU" are clueless about what they are speaking posting and bragging about and should be considered offtop for flooding topic with nothing more but pointless bragging.

When goes to NA aspect - yes it's NA in name but since by example of RU server things still can change. If administration allows for EU community to transfer to EU server - that would be great thing but in the same time since that community is the majority of NA server would mean termination of the server. That's why some people are trying here to compromise here giving decent ideas since bigger part of community ask for that change and really would like to take part in content stuff in better for them hours and in the same manner no one said that "stuff should be taken from NA" or "freestuff" or "eu over na".

So far best idea i think is doubling or tripling the number of the bosses to every time zone can attend and do stuff. Tripling is maybe too much but doubling is more than enough. About the drops - there should be no change towards making them better or more, it should go oposite way, make 1/2 of them on guaranteed stuff(like ink sacks, tentacled, ridge spines etc), on rolled stuff decrease chanced for "better loot"(for gliders, weapons, gems etc - either decrease of chance of drop or 50-50 in case of weapons/armor pieces if it drops or not) - this way drop generation on the server will stable and even better circulating since one than one group will have acces to it.

Best thing to do right now for this idea to not exclude anyone would be administration making pool via means like tools like FindTime or online ones like Omnipotent(Omnipotent online tool) to find share hours of all players. By doing that u can find peak hours for server and put 1 or 2 boss spawns in them. Pool made this way is better than text option choice one, since people can certain hours and highlight them and it's way easier to get straight answer which is fact and it makes it not just "said thing".

As I can see, right now, the best option that all sides would agree to is to move weekend Kraken and BD to some time earlier. Am I correct?​
Please "Like" this post if you agree and add a "Sad face" if you don't. If that option is something majority will agree to, we'll then discuss the best time for it.​

Important! I ask to vote with Likes and Dislikes (sad face) only those players who are really interested in the event and going to visit it!​

This is reasonable

If by "pushed" you mean that a server issue caused the twt to be up when the server resetted, which coincidentaly was during the morning, yeah sure. It's not like anyone came to contest us at reset time and pvp'd twt out of our prime time.

what you are proposing is pushing these bosses to a time where only 5 to 6 pirates will be able to show up. why would we propose something that made showing up to bosses literally impossible?
i believe pushing the time to like after the first halcy by a bit would be good since almost all pirates be active at that time during the weekdays and the weekends

i believe pushing the time to like after the first halcy by a bit would be good since almost all pirates be active at that time during the weekdays and the weekends
no. we are not. we have 10 ppl for afternoon halcy at most and half of those are taking breaks from their jobs on weekdays.
It's a different story on weekends tho

Why weekend? Eu players were able to join kraken/bd only at weekend, how is that even a change?

Last edited:
Why weekend? Eu players were able to join kraken/br only at weekend, how is that even a change?
We can't take bosses from NA players and give them to EU players. I saw many posts about EU hours being the most active hours, but, maybe that will be a surprise for many of you, but the most active hours with more players online during the last week are 8-10 pm EST.​
And even during week days, if time remains the same - NA players can join and many EU players can still join, when, if time is moved to earlier hours, only EU players will be able to join.​
Of course we can't satisfy everyone, but if you read all previous posts you can see that moving a weekend one is the best compromise possible.

This is not true at all. if a guild has 42 people, and 10 show up to an event mid-day that's during most people's working hours, how is that a majority?

We can't take bosses from NA players and give them to EU players. I saw many posts about EU times being the most active times, but, maybe that will be a surprise for many of you, but the most active hours with more players online during the last week are 8-10 pm EST.​
If you read all previous posts you can see that it's the best compromise possible. And even during week days, if time remains the same - NA players can join and many EU players can still join, when, if time is moved to earlier hours, only EU players will be able to join.​

There are 2 spawns during weekdays, you could change one of those 2 tho.

The problem with this 'solution' is that unless the time is moved significantly forward it changes nothing for much of the community, and if the time is brought forward too far it then excludes the NA community that may work Saturdays, particularly those on west coast.

I still think that staggered spawns is the best way forward. If a boss spawns three times a week theres no reason why one cant be early, one midday and one at its current time. This should still allow all groups to participate at some point of the day, with most groups able to attend two spawns a week in some form.

Not adding additional spawns would be preferred by most i think, but if timers are unable to be brought forward then there is another option to perhaps add one early spawn midweek?

We can't take bosses from NA players and give them to EU players. I saw many posts about EU hours being the most active hours, but, maybe that will be a surprise for many of you, but the most active hours with more players online during the last week are 8-10 pm EST.​
And even during week days, if time remains the same - NA players can join and many EU players can still join, when, if time is moved to earlier hours, only EU players will be able to join.​
Of course we can't satisfy everyone, but if you read all previous posts you can see that moving a weekend one is the best compromise possible.

Double bosses, put them in separate hours that one is for eu prime time and other for na prime time, decrease loot, problem solved.

Double bosses, put them in separate hours that one is for eu prime time and other for na prime time, decrease loot, problem solved.

You are entitled to your opinion but you suffer from the notable disadvantage of being completely wrong.

This is not a solution at all.

this seems like an odd compromise, since its during weekends only that it is possible for ppl to justify staying up til all hours of the night to attend these events. I see pirates still saying that its completely reasonable for EU people to have to stay up til 4am to have any shot at these bosses (as if everyone in EU is willing and available to do this, not the 4 or 8 that are actually able to) yet its a hardship for them to stay up past midnight or put together a force to contest during the mornings/afternoons.

However, they did just that right now, putting together a raid to contest a random GR, and they regularly have 10+ for afternoon halcy, and last Tuesday they were able to send a significant number to the earlier Abyssal/Lusca spawn. All evidence that they, a group that likes to brag about how they only need 10-15 ppl to take down the bosses at night, have the people to either attempt or contest the bosses at alternate times during the week.

this seems like an odd compromise, since its during weekends only that it is possible for ppl to justify staying up til all hours of the night to attend these events. I see pirates still saying that its completely reasonable for EU people to have to stay up til 4am to have any shot at these bosses (as if everyone in EU is willing and available to do this, not the 4 or 8 that are actually able to) yet its a hardship for them to stay up past midnight or put together a force to contest during the mornings/afternoons.

However, they did just that right now, putting together a raid to contest a random GR, and they regularly have 10+ for afternoon halcy, and last Tuesday they were able to send a significant number to the earlier Abyssal/Lusca spawn. All evidence that they, a group that likes to brag about how they only need 10-15 ppl to take down the bosses at night, have the people to either attempt or contest the bosses at alternate times during the week.

Sparkle already listed, factually, when the most active time is on the server.

Why are you conveniently choosing to ignore that? I thought this was about getting a time where MOST people can attend, and she already said what the most active timeframe is.

I don't see how a random GR where 6 pirates went to mess around for 10 minutes is in any way comparable to a world boss.

Basically, you all agree cause you can keep free farming 2/3 spawns and contest the weekend one like you do with twt. I dont understand where is the problem of changing 1 spawn during weekdays instead of weekend. This will be more fair for both sides.

looks like this wasn't about having the world boss time accessible to the most players after all, and was just another weird tactic to try and change the goal posts. also lol @ all the EU players saying that their time is server peak

Basically, you all agree cause you can keep free farming 2/3 spawns and contest the weekend one like you do with twt. I dont understand where is the problem of changing 1 spawn during weekdays instead of weekend. This will be more fair for both sides.
As sparkles stated the current timers is near / within the most active time of the nights. I would agree to moving weekend timers as it would make it easier for EU on the weekend without it removing NA from their content. (Im oce so it will be 4am for me and im ok with that on weekends.)

Back