What's new

Something needs to be done about kraken/black dragon for the eu/asian player base.

New spawn timer for Kraken and BD. 1 month Trial

• - 11:30 am Kraken + 5:00 pm BD (Tue)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • - 11:30 am Kraken + 5:00 pm BD (Thu)

• - 12:30 pm Kraken + 5:00 pm BD (Tue)

• - 3:30 pm Kraken + 5:00 pm BD (Tue)

• -11:30 am Kraken (Tue) BD (Thu)

• -3:30 pm Kraken (Tue) BD (Thu)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
the differences beetween ARCHERAGE and STEAM should be minimal

The differences here would be great, because of people who are online consistently afk on steam, leave games open, and a number of other factors. People also do the same on Archeage. These numbers are intentionally skewed into Steam's favor to appear to investors/shareholders that their platform is extremely active.

Not like laws and equations in physics were made by experiments, statistics and assumptions but ok.

You're not a scientist. This isn't physics. This is at the very most, basic level data science. I don't know what this attempted "Appeal to Authority" complex is, but you have to be the most gullible person to believe it.

Send links to the graphs you posted in the post comparing NA/EU/Asia times.

Last edited:
since the differences beetween ARCHERAGE and STEAM should be minimal
this is an assumption you've made by comparing sample sizes of different magnitude, which invalidates your whole argument yet again.

Not like laws and equations in physics were made by experiments, statistics and assumptions but ok.
you have clearly never read an academic paper.

Last edited:
This question has been asked in the past, but devs were previously not willing to entertain the idea of moving timers. Now they've added the extra lusca/abby cycle which has proven to be relatively popular, its time for the question to be asked again.

So yes asking is important, but what is important is the answer to it. Also the extra Lusca/abby has not brought out tons of more activity, some yes. However the relative popularity is less important here sadly, because would it still be as popular if the one Lusca event was moved to that time instead of having two separate ones?

To elaborate why i think it is popular and the change was made, is that the change for Lusca/abby was more based on being able to give people access to do quests which give individual rewards. Where Kraken is fully loot based on only the one to kill it, no participation reward. Both have pvp connections, however Kraken forces everyone on to a single area Lusca is way more spread out and thus pvp can be easier avoided if one wants.

As for your graphs comparing all of steam which is MILLIONS of people over the WHOLE planet to 1 single NA server is hilarious and I can't even help you if you don't understand why the magnitude of populations are so far off that you just don't do that in any "assumptions, statistics, or experiments"

So yes asking is important, but what is important is the answer to it. Also the extra Lusca/abby has not brought out tons of more activity, some yes. However the relative popularity is less important here sadly, because would it still be as popular if the one Lusca event was moved to that time instead of having two separate ones?

Part of the reason it isnt even more popular is down to the fact that it wasnt moved far enough to fall into a suitable time zone for the Asian playerbase. Which is part of why just dragging the boss spawn forward a couple hours wont really resolve the issue for many.

Part of the reason it isnt even more popular is down to the fact that it wasn't moved far enough to fall into a suitable time zone for the Asian playerbase. Which is part of why just dragging the boss spawn forward a couple hours wont really resolve the issue for many.

Well that is a problem all on it's own. I would guess it has to do with not pulling content fully away from NA, as to align more with the Asian player base will never be suited to an NA time zone as they are full opposite sides of the planet. (as much as I would love to have more ability to do so, it is hard to have both NA and Asian players awake and online at the same time nothing fixes that.)
As for pushing back the spawn I think people are overlooking the fact that NA has 4 times zones as it is. Many other games have servers for EST and PST to fix this issue already. It causes plenty of players to have to switch to other servers b/c they moved or work changed. So this time zone thing is already an uphill battle for just NA players by itself. The current Kraken timer has it spawning at 3:30pm PST and 5:30 EST. Still pretty early for anyone with a normal 9-5 job when accounting for travel and food it definitely causes people to need to rush or adjust to the event. EU are going to have to make adjustments as well to come to it similar to how the Asian population does for Halcy.
The population of either coast is not something you can just ignore as both are large, and pushing it back anymore just pushes it into a timeline that is not doable for the west even more and other areas in a worst situation.

The bottome line is... why does a boss that has had countless hours of pvp at the current spawn timer suddenly can't anymore? (even if it was asked to be moved before, it still remains difficult to do, if you look at the times above.) Like I know this boss has had wars far longer then the current despawn timer. People talk about the Asian playerbase staying up for the first halcy. Why do they do this? They enjoy the pvp and the rewards and choose to make an effort to take part in it. I don't understand how others can't do that for kraken? The past shows that people did? So the question becomes what changed?? Would an earlier time actually change anything still?

Last edited:
the timers doesn't need to be only EU friendly, i am pretty sure that we could get to a middle point that it is accesible for EU and NA player base, as a NA player i agree with this since we can't do anything at all without our EU players.

This is why i've been in favor of staggered spawns. It allows for the entire server to get in on the action at some point in the week. A morning kraken would likely be contested east v west, afternoon would be east v west v pirate and evening would still likely go uncontested in favor of pirates because the timing of it is just shitty for so many.

Yes there has been pvp for a few weeks, but its exhausting when a call to group up comes in at almost 11pm, with the expectation that the pvp is going to go on for several hours. For anyone in the EU that gets on during the morning it ends up looking like 13+ hour days, and people are surprised when we get burned out..

I don't understand how others can't do that for kraken? The past shows that people did? So the question becomes what changed?? Would an earlier time actually change anything still?
the past is not now, server was full of NA players that has nothing to do and we used to pvp for kraken for 12 fucking hours and fights were 3 sides each one start with 30-40 players and end up with 15 at least on each side some NA players has nothing to do irl and can play this game and pvp for hours still only thing changed is 2 of the 3 pvp groups quit so only 1 left now is pirates and leftovers joined them thats why they mad about kraken time changing

The differences here would be great, because of people who are online consistently afk on steam, leave games open, and a number of other factors. People also do the same on Archeage. These numbers are intentionally skewed into Steam's favor to appear to investors/shareholders that their platform is extremely active.

Can say same about archerage and hour provided by Sparkle, words can be put in any favor, so i took actual source and u still deny it. What was counted into "active players in 8-10pm", players active with players being afk in housing zone that are not logged out? Like on Unchained version where most of players intentionaly didnt log out due to long queue to get back in? Steam community reflects pretty much gaming community since most of the games are attached to it, u can buy them there without need to do that manualy at store and u can play them. Of course it is big magnitude. But when goes to reflecting activity hours, well what i can say, it's pretty much accurate when it goes to reflecting what i mean and i'll explain that in a moment.
46441864095_ddda029bda_b.jpg

When we sum up numbers we can see that America part of the world can be in top (but not no. 1) dominating in terms of number of players worldwide. Asia and Oceania it strong top, and since gaming in Korea and China is dominating part of the world i can assume Asia and Oceania worldwide is number 1. Europe is like 3rd place. That is gaming worldwide and when we look back at chart for steam peak hour for gamer was like 8-12 AM NA TIME.(around 2-4 pm eu time) (source: GRIDA.NO )

When we look back at Archerage NA server community which has dominating EU part of community, then next if not on pair is NA and least ASIA. If dominating part for worldwide gamers was AMERICA and ASIA in worldwide example and 8-12 AM NA TIME was the peak hour then how someone can explain me in revert situation suddenly stated by Sparkle 8-10 PM(1-3 AM eu time) is peak hour. Let's take deep look again into server zone play hours.

Even without assuming % of each zone but looking at straight hours of them playing (11 am till 2 am for each time zone) we get this:
1623336361296.png

1- means noticable activity time window, nothing - no noticable activity time window.

11am - 2pm NA time is a time period shared by all 3 zones, if we change time play from 11 am -midnight - then we get period shorter by 2 hours. If i totaly change all play hours to start from 3pm and end at midnight for all 3 zones then we get this:

This image shows the covering period of all 3 zones:
1623336651222.png

All 3 zones are meeting and some of them like in case of asia are dimishing at 2-3 pm NA time.
And we know that when it goes to size of communities eu>na>asia right?
And we are being told by Sparkle that 8-10 pm NA time is peak server time when from casual 3 pm till midnight at this hour is only NA part of the server (with idividuals from other zones - im not denying that) and since all 3 groups are meeting 2-3 pm NA time(7-8pm EU time) that is not peak hour but time 6 hours later?

So if we look deep ratio of players it should be different right? Like more NA more ASIA and significaly less EU right(by worldwide ratio)? That would probalby could make that 8-10 pm na time, maybe. Since in terms of Asia>NA>EU middle hours of NA could be bigger than than EU highest with dimishing ASIA.

But ratio is different.

Server used to be full of NA players but due to the patch changes and due to release of Unchained they went away.

If we look into last image again and we do simple maths and if we know that EU>NA>ASIA and check that last image again its mathematicaly impossible to make 8-10 pm peak hour when we meet middle of NA playtime which we can take as highest attendancy spot and at 2-3 PM we had the middle EU playtime which can mean highest EU highest attendancy spot for that zone and last hours of ASIA with some people playing still at late hours.

Even if we take the NA part as big as EU part then it shouldnt make 8-10 pm number of players bigger than 2-3 pm EU+ending part ASIA or EU+ASIA+starting NA part.

Can say same about archerage and hour provided by Sparkle, words can be put in any favor, so i took actual source and u still deny it. What was counted into "active players in 8-10pm", players active with players being afk in housing zone that are not logged out? Like on Unchained version where most of players intentionaly didnt log out due to long queue to get back in? Steam community reflects pretty much gaming community since most of the games are attached to it, u can buy them there without need to do that manualy at store and u can play them. Of course it is big magnitude. But when goes to reflecting activity hours, well what i can say, it's pretty much accurate when it goes to reflecting what i mean and i'll explain that in a moment.
46441864095_ddda029bda_b.jpg

When we sum up numbers we can see that America part of the world can be in top (but not no. 1) dominating in terms of number of players worldwide. Asia and Oceania it strong top, and since gaming in Korea and China is dominating part of the world i can assume Asia and Oceania worldwide is number 1. Europe is like 3rd place. That is gaming worldwide and when we look back at chart for steam peak hour for gamer was like 8-12 AM NA TIME.(around 2-4 pm eu time) (source: GRIDA.NO )

When we look back at Archerage NA server community which has dominating EU part of community, then next if not on pair is NA and least ASIA. If dominating part for worldwide gamers was AMERICA and ASIA in worldwide example and 8-12 AM NA TIME was the peak hour then how someone can explain me in revert situation suddenly stated by Sparkle 8-10 PM(1-3 AM eu time) is peak hour. Let's take deep look again into server zone play hours.

Even without assuming % of each zone but looking at straight hours of them playing (11 am till 2 am for each time zone) we get this:
View attachment 15481
1- means noticable activity time window, nothing - no noticable activity time window.

11am - 2pm NA time is a time period shared by all 3 zones, if we change time play from 11 am -midnight - then we get period shorter by 2 hours. If i totaly change all play hours to start from 3pm and end at midnight for all 3 zones then we get this:

This image shows the covering period of all 3 zones:
View attachment 15482
All 3 zones are meeting and some of them like in case of asia are dimishing at 2-3 pm NA time.
And we know that when it goes to size of communities eu>na>asia right?
And we are being told by Sparkle that 8-10 pm NA time is peak server time when from casual 3 pm till midnight at this hour is only NA part of the server (with idividuals from other zones - im not denying that) and since all 3 groups are meeting 2-3 pm NA time(7-8pm EU time) that is not peak hour but time 6 hours later?

So if we look deep ratio of players it should be different right? Like more NA more ASIA and significaly less EU right(by worldwide ratio)? That would probalby could make that 8-10 pm na time, maybe. Since in terms of Asia>NA>EU middle hours of NA could be bigger than than EU highest with dimishing ASIA.

But ratio is different.

Server used to be full of NA players but due to the patch changes and due to release of Unchained they went away.

If we look into last image again and we do simple maths and if we know that EU>NA>ASIA and check that last image again its mathematicaly impossible to make 8-10 pm peak hour when we meet middle of NA playtime which we can take as highest attendancy spot and at 2-3 PM we had the middle EU playtime which can mean highest EU highest attendancy spot for that zone and last hours of ASIA with some people playing still at late hours.

Even if we take the NA part as big as EU part then it shouldnt make 8-10 pm number of players bigger than 2-3 pm EU+ending part ASIA or EU+ASIA+starting NA part.

my favorite part is nothing you say matters cause its all made up numbers and you continue to ignore the devs who have access to server info and can see the ACTUAL numbers.

my fav part is you are all here just to spamm i dont know why any pirate is typing in here i thought you all been free farming for almost year now and dont care about bosses or pve anymore

wait aint you that boy who couldnt get in? oof

Anyways to keep it on topic, The proposed compromise is what the devs are offering, earlier spawn time on saturday which is what you been wanting, an earlier spawn time. The fact that yall are throwing a hissy fit over it not being good enough, coupled with the fact that yall didnt even show up to contest last weekend makes you all look like pvp dodging cry babies. You dont want spawn times at a better time for "EU", you want spawn times at a more inconvenient time for pirates, point blank and period. You people are so weird, its constantly something else causing the reason you lose. Stay at the kids table and let the big dogs eat.

my fav part is you are all here just to spamm i dont know why any pirate is typing in here i thought you all been free farming for almost year now and dont care about bosses or pve anymore
View attachment 15484

Nitzaq's entire post is from a 2 year outdated demographic of "Gamers" in the entire world. At this point, we should attribute the level of "Freefarm" to the amount of gold generated by everyone inside of a single faction, in lieu of who is actually killing bosses. If east and west are generating more in game revenue than Pirates, sounds like Pirates are at the disadvantage.

Pulling arbitrary numbers and graphics to sound/appear smart doesn't work, homie.

The idea of changing boss timers was shut down by the admins a longggggg time ago when it was pn1 vs. pn2....

They pushed timers back because us NA people with jobs can’t make content during normal work hours. I understand it sucks, but you guys show up elsewhere at late halcy, etc. Making a 2nd spawn of either world boss just means it’s going to be free to others since 3/4 of Pirates work (shocking, I know). It really just comes down to you guys not wanting to contest The bosses outside of a Saturday.
I know it’s a hard concept to grasp, but these bosses shouldn’t be consolation prizes. Fight for it if you want it. Don’t request a 2nd one so you can avoid pvp. You’ll just end up holding hands with west/east to kill it anyways…

View attachment 15484

Nitzaq's entire post is from a 2 year outdated demographic of "Gamers" in the entire world. At this point, we should attribute the level of "Freefarm" to the amount of gold generated by everyone inside of a single faction, in lieu of who is actually killing bosses. If east and west are generating more in game revenue than Pirates, sounds like Pirates are at the disadvantage.

Pulling arbitrary numbers and graphics to sound/appear smart doesn't work, homie.
Piracy is a choice, more punishement than prestige faction mate ;)

Arbitary numbers and graphs are here most correct since:
1. Whatever i assume in predict people will come and brag "not actual numbers".
2. Knowing just bigger/lesser rations by knowing guild members structure it was 100% possible to do.
3. Some of your boys bragged about "play time after work time" so guess 3pm till midnight was correct - not looking into "hardcore" overnight gamers since people are working right?
4. You wanted examples with sources and explanation right? Demographic was used as and example to show how inaccurate is 8-10pm hour. If you can't read and understand that's not my problem, homie.

The idea of changing boss timers was shut down by the admins a longggggg time ago when it was pn1 vs. pn2....

They pushed timers back because us NA people with jobs can’t make content during normal work hours. I understand it sucks, but you guys show up elsewhere at late halcy, etc. Making a 2nd spawn of either world boss just means it’s going to be free to others since 3/4 of Pirates work (shocking, I know). It really just comes down to you guys not wanting to contest The bosses outside of a Saturday.
I know it’s a hard concept to grasp, but these bosses shouldn’t be consolation prizes. Fight for it if you want it. Don’t request a 2nd one so you can avoid pvp. You’ll just end up holding hands with west/east to kill it anyways…
It was different time, different ratios of playerbase zones, since both pn1 and pn2 were having most NA players., totaly pre Unchained era for this server. No one said changing time will make bosses freebies for west/east - they will fight for it. And telling for current time fight for it is missing the point since who will show up? So you want to tell entire eu community to stay awake almost till morning when most of them go to job just to do 2 bosses right? And if they don't do that they frail right? I think your point of view is one sided. Gaming is supposed to be a pleasant thing not requiring sacrifices that affects your irl. That's why topic of changing hour was brought up because there exist time period when all 3 zones are active all togheter which makes it perfect timer for 1 time per day event which is called boss spawn. All people will fight for it. What's the problem with that idea? 2-3 pm NA time is the time window where all can meet, so what's the problem then. Someone mentioned - halcy required 20 min, bosses can do hours - so u have that time window for that. Since people will fight for it.

Arbitary numbers and graphs are here most correct since:
1. Whatever i assume in predict people will come and brag "not actual numbers".
2. Knowing just bigger/lesser rations by knowing guild members structure it was 100% possible to do.
3. Some of your boys bragged about "play time after work time" so guess 3pm till midnight was correct - not looking into "hardcore" overnight gamers since people are working right?
4. You wanted examples with sources and explanation right? Demographic was used as and example to show how inaccurate is 8-10pm hour. If you can't read and understand that's not my problem, homie.

1 : Arbitrary numbers aren't mostly correct, because they are, in fact, arbitrary. That's what makes them invalid, no one should take your stats as valid because only sparkle/the devs have accurate connection data.

2 : I'm not even sure what you're trying to say here. I'm assuming that this is you saying "I'm basing it off of where people call the guild from"? Like how we call IHG, China?

3 : Don't know if you've ever held a job, if you have, it certainly isn't in Data Science. 3 PM isn't "off work time", for any region, unless you have a unique job circumstance, which is impossible to cater to. If we're basing this off of EST, that's now noon for PST. Also known as, "Work time".

4 : Your examples/explanations would work if they were targeted towards demographics that only applied to where AR is hosted. In your most recent demographic, it's just "gamers". Doesn't specify a platform, a console, or anything, rendering it invalid data because it isn't truly relevant to the question.

If you can't discern what is and isn't pertinent data to an issue, don't debate, homie.

We'll give this 1 last attempt at getting anywhere because this thread is just going in circles at this point with nothing clear about anything.

So I've added a poll to the thread where you can vote for which you'd like.
If there isn't any consensus that can come out of this we'll be left with only 1 choice to leave things as they are.

We'll give this 1 last attempt at getting anywhere because this thread is just going in circles at this point with nothing clear about anything.

So I've added a poll to the thread where you can vote for which you'd like.
If there isn't any consensus that can come out of this we'll be left with only 1 choice to leave things as they are.

not sure where those options came from, but theyre not what sparkle proposed

Back