What's new

Something needs to be done about kraken/black dragon for the eu/asian player base.

New spawn timer for Kraken and BD. 1 month Trial

• - 11:30 am Kraken + 5:00 pm BD (Tue)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • - 11:30 am Kraken + 5:00 pm BD (Thu)

• - 12:30 pm Kraken + 5:00 pm BD (Tue)

• - 3:30 pm Kraken + 5:00 pm BD (Tue)

• -11:30 am Kraken (Tue) BD (Thu)

• -3:30 pm Kraken (Tue) BD (Thu)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We'll give this 1 last attempt at getting anywhere because this thread is just going in circles at this point with nothing clear about anything.

So I've added a poll to the thread where you can vote for which you'd like.
If there isn't any consensus that can come out of this we'll be left with only 1 choice to leave things as they are.
Could you pls watch over the Poll? Not that out of nowhere many many new Accounts vote for this like created today or something :)

We'll give this 1 last attempt at getting anywhere because this thread is just going in circles at this point with nothing clear about anything.

If there isn't any consensus that can come out of this we'll be left with only 1 choice to leave things as they are.
Hey man thanks for the reasonable solution and giving the players the chance to vote on such a important change!

Could you pls watch over the Poll? Not that out of nowhere many many new Accounts vote for this like created today or something :)
Poll is not the end all deciding what happens. It was just impossible to guage what a consensus is from a repeating circle of responses stemming from disbelieving sparkle stating 8-10pm EST is the peak server activity.
Yes. Alt forum account votes will get removed from it.

We can't take bosses from NA players and give them to EU players. I saw many posts about EU hours being the most active hours, but, maybe that will be a surprise for many of you, but the most active hours with more players online during the last week are 8-10 pm EST.​
And even during week days, if time remains the same - NA players can join and many EU players can still join, when, if time is moved to earlier hours, only EU players will be able to join.​
Of course we can't satisfy everyone, but if you read all previous posts you can see that moving a weekend one is the best compromise possible.

An awful lot of those voting options seem to go against what sparkle said.

mainly this right here,

We can't take bosses from NA players and give them to EU players.

mainly this right here,
You are only Happy if nothing changes or? Vote for the Option you think is good for you ;) dont see that 4 Options didnt even rly Effect NA only 1 Option Effects NA a bit and no Content is denied for NA

Out of the option provided only 1 them outright could stop NA from attendance.
Which is currently the least voted.

All the others don't.
The current top voted answer is what sparkle suggested but with the affected days swapped around.

mainly this right here,
1623346849024.png

I don't think a single option on the poll takes away from NA players. At the end of the day the admins made it clear there will always be one NA spawn(normal spawn). Adding others just encourages players to go out and attend those events that aren't necessarily able to attend the current spawn times.

1 : Arbitrary numbers aren't mostly correct, because they are, in fact, arbitrary. That's what makes them invalid, no one should take your stats as valid because only sparkle/the devs have accurate connection data.

2 : I'm not even sure what you're trying to say here. I'm assuming that this is you saying "I'm basing it off of where people call the guild from"? Like how we call IHG, China?

3 : Don't know if you've ever held a job, if you have, it certainly isn't in Data Science. 3 PM isn't "off work time", for any region, unless you have a unique job circumstance, which is impossible to cater to. If we're basing this off of EST, that's now noon for PST. Also known as, "Work time".

4 : Your examples/explanations would work if they were targeted towards demographics that only applied to where AR is hosted. In your most recent demographic, it's just "gamers". Doesn't specify a platform, a console, or anything, rendering it invalid data because it isn't truly relevant to the question.

If you can't discern what is and isn't pertinent data to an issue, don't debate, homie.

1. If you know bigger - smaller comparing then how it is incorrect 🤔 It's like comparing amount of water in cups without knowing actual size of them, u fill each other with water and u see that one cup u can fill with what u have in other cup, and in that over cup u still have something left, u compare it to 3rd cup and u see clear differences. You can straight say that amount of water of first 2 cups is bigger than the one in 3rd one. Not a skyrocket science requiring specific data. But sure i would love to see that one day Sparkle shows data - which never happened. Till this day people can still ask for "active" numbers of players on server and there is never straight forward message like it's forbridden being leaked or something.

2. It's not hard to ask each guild for how many members are from which part of the world, that's not unaccesible thing.

3. All depends on which part of the world you are living. And kind of the job which determines your work hours. And when you start your job. Some jobs starts 9 am - 5 pm, some starts from 7 am till 3 pm, some are 6 am till 2 pm - thats 8 hour model, theres also 10h, 12h, 24 h model ones (like security) its all debatable. And that is going offtop with all explanation.

4. Why should i bring statistics for only place where AR is hosted. This argument is offtopic arleady with that statement. We are discussing hours that are viable for NA/EU/ASIA and u narrow it down only to NA because of what? You say statistics i provided are wrong coz the it's all gamers including consoles np heres PC gamers one( STATISTA - 2020 SEPTEMBER ). Now probably i'll be ask for ArcheRage only statistics - ask Sparkle of Sjinderson for that :)I'll be more than happy to look into them.

why did you add a million other options? Last thing sparkle was considering wasthe weekend boss times?

You are only Happy if nothing changes or? Vote for the Option you think is good for you ;) dont see that 4 Options didnt even rly Effect NA only 1 Option Effects NA a bit and no Content is denied for NA

Those options are literally terrible for NA players who have jobs lmfao what do you mean,

Making spawns 3 hours earlier, making it during work hours for NA = NA cant show up

Making the timer start after death, this is just dumb idk who would vote for that nobody likes having to keep track of new spawn/death timers and it screws everyone out of spawns over time, its just bad

creating a second spawn, wanna see a server die in record time? Just double the drops for the most sought after bosses.

Changing all 3 days to dif spawn times, effectively fucks NA out of bosses because once again, work.

So yeah, nothing is the best option.

I think something needs to be done for the EU player base of this server.
They don't get the chance to attend important events like kraken or black dragon because the time zone, for most of us EU players kraken happens late late night and for that reason most if not all EU players can't attend kraken during the week days or even at weekends and the same thing goes for black dragon.

And lets not forget about our Chinese player base, they are quite a lot too and they don't get the chance at all to attend to either of the events.

I thought about 2 solutions for this issue.

1 : which is to shift the spawn time for both bosses by number of hours 3-5 hours would be good to make it accessible to all players from different parts of the world who plays here and enjoys this server.

2 : to make 2 krakens/black dragons a day just like what happened with Abyssal/Luscas, that way all players will be able to attend those important events.

Personally I'm not a huge fan of the 2nd idea but that's one of the possible solutions for this issue.

What I'm trying to do here is to make those events more accessible to all of the player base Asians/Europeans/North Americans.

I know some of you would say it's NA server, you are totally right but the amount of players that we have here from other parts of the world can't be ignored and they need some care.

I think this will do nothing but good for the server, people will have more activities to do and get access to boss drops that they couldn't get their hands on before.

If you have any other suggestions/opinions, please feel free to voice them out.

I would also just like to point out that this post was originally created to complain about not being able to make it to kraken spawn times

BUT IT WAS BEING TYPED UP DURING KRAKEN SPAWN LULULULULUL

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of the option provided only 1 them outright could stop NA from attendance.
Which is currently the least voted.

All the others don't.
The current top voted answer is what sparkle suggested but with the affected days swapped around.
If you push spawn 3 hours earlier people who work or attend school which I would guess is the vast mayority cannot attend. Only reason NA players would accept this is because they don’t care because they don’t do the boss anyway and rather pirates don’t do it either. This is all about salt and nothing to do with people not being able to contest

why did you add a million other options? Last thing sparkle was considering wasthe weekend boss times?
As I said a poll is not indicative of any decision.
We just need a way to see interest in anything that isn't put into long winded posts arguing at each other.

The reason Sparkles idea to make Saturday spawn earlier was because it was down reacted entirely.

I need all of you to understand a few things:

1st - We will not be adding more bosses during the day as main drop here is actually coming from the bosses, not daily quests, so such may lead to boosted loot. Reducing the current rewards to 1/2 and making it 2 spawns a day is not a good idea as well, I think you all will agree to it.​

2nd - I really hope I'm wrong, but from all these posts, it more feels like some players are more interested in just not letting others to contest then doing the event themselves. Why I feel that way? 1. Suggestion to change it to be a day time Saturday/Sunday boss when everyone could attend was denied by the players, so looks like time is not your main problem here. 2. When I mentioned that the highest number of players online is during 8-10pm EST, others reacted in an unexpected way. From what I read above, it sounds like pirates are the only NA players that play on this server. There are many other NA and not only players here as well that play evening hours and we should not forget about them. 3. I keep wondering, why you are asking to change time for BD just now, not before 5.5 release, when I clearly mentioned in the patch notes that time set there is not final and you can still ask us to change it before boss is in game. And not even 1 player contacted me regarding it. So, I can assume that time was fine at that time and it was just few weeks ago.​
! So, I remind you, we are voting here not against something or someone but to find the best solution.​

3rd - The poll Sjinderson posted is more like for seeing the options players suggested and who is really interested in it. Unfortunately, the best option I could see has already been denied by all of you. Day time boss on weekend could be a good start to test your power and to understand if you can handle that activity. As I don't want to see just another piece of dead content. Other options, I believe, will never satisfy everyone. Then, right now, I don't see any reason to change anything if everyone anyway stays unhappy. We'll see though, hopefully you'll return back to the constructive discussion as currently this thread is lacking the one.​

I need all of you to understand a few things:

1st - We will not be adding more bosses during the day as main drop here is actually coming from the bosses, not daily quests, so such may lead to boosted loot. Reducing the current rewards to 1/2 and making it 2 spawns a day is not a good idea as well, I think you all will agree to it.​

2nd - I really hope I'm wrong, but from all these posts, it more feels like some players are more interested in just not letting others to contest then doing the event themselves. Why I feel that way? 1. Suggestion to change it to be a day time Saturday/Sunday boss when everyone could attend was denied by the players, so looks like time is not your main problem here. 2. When I mentioned that the highest number of players online is during 8-10pm EST, others reacted in an unexpected way. From what I read above, it sounds like pirates are the only NA players that play on this server. There are many other NA and not only players here as well that play evening hours and we should not forget about them. 3. I keep wondering, why you are asking to change time for BD just now, not before 5.5 release, when I clearly mentioned in the patch notes that time set there is not final and you can still ask us to change it before boss is in game. And not even 1 player contacted me regarding it. So, I can assume that time was fine at that time and it was just few weeks ago.​
! So, I remind you, we are voting here not against something or someone but to find the best solution.​

3rd - The poll Sjinderson posted is more like for seeing the options players suggested and who is really interested in it. Unfortunately, the best option I could see has already been denied by all of you. Day time boss on weekend could be a good start to test your power and to understand if you can handle that activity. As I don't want to see just another piece of dead content. Other options, I believe, will never satisfy everyone. Then, right now, I don't see any reason to change anything if everyone anyway stays unhappy. We'll see though, hopefully you'll return back to the constructive discussion as currently this thread is lacking the one.​

agreed, keep everything as is. The only reason BD time change came up is because they want to prevent pirates from doing BD without actually putting in the time and effort to contest.

someone close the thread the queen has spoken. Time to go back to your huts and put away your torches and pitchforks

agreed, keep everything as is. The only reason BD time change came up is because they want to prevent pirates from doing BD without actually putting in the time and effort to contest.
I feel like the issues are being brought up because they want to be able to attend things like BD and contest you but I guess everything is about perspective.

I feel like the issues are being brought up because they want to be able to attend things like BD and contest you but I guess everything is about perspective.

There are 70+ at night time halcy for west, and 50 for east.

Plenty of players online, they just dont come to contest. The problem isnt the time and lack of online players, its the lack of people willing to come out and actually try to contest. end of story

Server highest pop is at 8-10 EST, guess what time BD Spawns?

so the logic of “they want to be able to contest you” has always been there for the taking. The “desire” or “want” to do it’s a diff factor.

Server highest pop is at 8-10 EST, guess what time BD Spawns?

so the logic of “they want to be able to contest you” has always been there for the taking. The “desire” or “want” to do it’s a diff factor.
There are 70+ at night time halcy for west, and 50 for east.

Plenty of players online, they just dont come to contest. The problem isnt the time and lack of online players, its the lack of people willing to come out and actually try to contest. end of story
BD spawns right as the server is most active though
I know ya'll just pinged everyone because I typed on the forums but relax lmfao. Population has a good amount to do with the odds of you getting contested but the density of player that are geared(and also online) and the leadership involved with the groups that might consider contesting you are way more important lmao. I can say from east almost 60-70% of players in halcy are undergeared/not pvp oriented players that are just attending for the rewards since they are cracked on this server so I'm not sure thats a good way to determine the "pvper" population around those times.

Back