What's new

Something needs to be done about kraken/black dragon for the eu/asian player base.

New spawn timer for Kraken and BD. 1 month Trial

• - 11:30 am Kraken + 5:00 pm BD (Tue)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • - 11:30 am Kraken + 5:00 pm BD (Thu)

• - 12:30 pm Kraken + 5:00 pm BD (Tue)

• - 3:30 pm Kraken + 5:00 pm BD (Tue)

• -11:30 am Kraken (Tue) BD (Thu)

• -3:30 pm Kraken (Tue) BD (Thu)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't really agree with BD time changes just because it'll be like 5-6 AM for our Asian community, so I'm asking for a better BD time for our Asian community!
I see lil critters trying to talk about how this thread was opened to get better time for all and talking as if they're trying to defend or get our Asian community their right when it's the complete opposite, when this was opened we (as in EU/Asian Community) got told "gO Ru SeRVeR iF yOU dOn'T LIKE iT" all lil critters were so against it and treated the EU/Asian community with such disrespectful treatment and now they're claiming that they want better time for them and I can't really see that.

"we want better boss spawn timers for the asian community yet you all voting for 3:30 PM Kraken" 3:30 PM EST is around 4:30 AM Asian time zone.
1623662595637.png

There's no logic and it's easily seen/noticed that it's not your intention to get our Asian community any better boss spawn timers as you have proven that for the last what 27 pages?.

me as an EU player Ii don't mind sacrificing for the Asian community, so if pushing the timers to be a bit later or or making it earlier, next day or not, i don't mind it at all, in the end we opened this to get a better time for most of us which lil critters seem to be so against it.

I agree with @Blessing so I'm asking the admins to find a quick solution for this, push timer to be a bit later, or make it earlier, make it next day or anything like that and it has to be a bit more Asian friendly.

lil critters you gotta make up your minds, at least stick to what you said and don't change 180 degrees every time there's a new poll, plus talking about IHG getting their votes removed from the poll and how it's against the Asian community when you yourselves were so against it, it was only fair as lil critters attempted buying their votes which isn't okay and it's only normal for IHG to do that as it explains why they hate West even tho it's their own nation and they also has that hate for East, so it's more of a golden chance for IHG as they're getting some Kraken items that has been free farmed for a while now.

Please our staff team let's find a solution that includes our Asian community as well and not leave them behind!

@Sparkle @Sjinderson since changing timer for both bosses in same day is bad idea what about kraken in thursday and BD in tuesday this is a good idea both everyone to practice in both bosses especially chinese, the current time for BD is too late for them and no one from them going for it upvote this post if its good idea, you can see all sides complaining even NA players about that spawn time for BD
This is a really decent idea ngl, if this suits our Asian community, i'm with it \o/

I agree with almost all what you have said this type of content requires a lot of communicating practicing and organizing I'm against giving free content for those who dont know even want to try their hardest specially such endgame content with the best item drops ingame

The time options we are given does not allow our asian player base to attend black dragon due it's really late for them at night but in the other hand the kraken spawn time kinda good and accessible for them specially the ones from 11:30 am to 12:30 pm the rest doesn't allow all them all to attend it

The time options disappointed me kinda because it excludes one part from the world from attending the content which against the whole point of my thread

But let's assume that we are going to have the time changes at the weekend I doubt black dragon was gonna be earlier than 5 pm too which again not accessible at all for our asian player base

Its really hard and nearly impossible to come to a middle ground and satisfy everyone

Maybe if lil critter aka pirates stopper acting like they care about asians etc and actually made thoughtful suggestions to make it more accessible for them, that would've been much better than this shitshow of pretending like they care or just in circles or ask the players to basically fuck off from the server because they have different time zones

So far I've never seen one single suggestion from lil critter aka pirates that promotes better solution for this issue but all their suggestions was selfish, at first they all voted against anything to be changed, and when admins made it clear that they intend to make changes to make those events more accessible to people, they decided to vote for making the changes to the weekend only
Weekends is already accessible for most of the player base since theres more flexibility in people's time but yet again not for our asian player base

Due some issues with the leaderships in east and west we did not attend the last few weekends events which was our choice and not because of the time

Making the changes in the weekdays will promote more pvp on the bosses instead of of the same 15 people killing them because no one else is able to attend due their work/study/sleep

Having 70-100 people fighting or killing the bosses during weekdays is far better than the 15 ppl I think that's healthier for the server,so instead of having only one day in the week where big pvp happens over bosses but having 2 days where that happens is no brainer and better for the server
I know you have the best intentions at heart but as an open forum post others have their own agenda to push which can muddy the message a bit. When you first presented the idea to me in discord it sounded great and I believe through poll after poll and comment after comment that got lost.

What you have working against you right now...

1. The time frames being offered. We have little control over this and is in the hands of the AR team to see if they could make something work

2. A few of us attempted to organize people for BD and very few seemed interested or wanted to put forth any real effort to contest. There is 0 reason why the Pirates are free farming BD at the current time frame when West has enough geared people to do it. We can gather plenty of people for Kraken 1-2 times a week but do not do the same for BD? I have never once cared about the loot from these bosses but my aim was to encourage them to be "contested" by someone. This was not due to any real hate for Pirates but to have fun and create pvp like Lusca a few months back and TwT a few months after that. So to contest we dont have to go full sweat but at least need to make a real effort once a week in place of allowing Bosses to be free farmed. These are points often brought up in shout chat by Pirates people view as trolling but is also true if we are being honest.

3. No real plan to progress on BD content. I dont know what is being discussed on East but on West there is no plan to contest BD. We contested a few times but was short lived. It was more of "disrupting" than really contesting because numbers would would range from 8-30 depending on the day. So if i am not being biased why are we changing a time for a Boss that not many show interest in or even tried to put up a fight for? Even with a change it would take 4-5 Pirates dedicated to disrupting BD to stop most semi-pug raids that attempt it.

In my opinion what West and East should be working toward in lieu of changing a Boss timer at this stage...

Work on organizing and practicing real PvP beyond Halcy or MM. Once the same 20-25 people can be show up 1-2 times a week with a common goal then we can start talking about contesting content. If we do not start with a solid foundation then what do we really hope to accomplish?

I would also invest less time into how Pirates feel when responding to forum posts. Do they care about the Asian players? Maybe but likely not. They have found a way to poke a hole in the current issue and are focusing on it to disrupt the change but make valid points. The real question is would West or East propose this change if Pirates were a non-factor? If the answer is yes we would agree to change Boss times to allow EU/Asian players a chance at content then i guess we need to put ourselves in the position to do so and make it unanimous.

I am optimistic =) good luck my friend!

I don't really agree with BD time changes just because it'll be like 5-6 AM for our Asian community, so I'm asking for a better BD time for our Asian community!
I see lil critters trying to talk about how this thread was opened to get better time for all and talking as if they're trying to defend or get our Asian community their right when it's the complete opposite, when this was opened we (as in EU/Asian Community) got told "gO Ru SeRVeR iF yOU dOn'T LIKE iT" all lil critters were so against it and treated the EU/Asian community with such disrespectful treatment and now they're claiming that they want better time for them and I can't really see that.

"we want better boss spawn timers for the asian community yet you all voting for 3:30 PM Kraken" 3:30 PM EST is around 4:30 AM Asian time zone.

There's no logic and it's easily seen/noticed that it's not your intention to get our Asian community any better boss spawn timers as you have proven that for the last what 27 pages?.

me as an EU player Ii don't mind sacrificing for the Asian community, so if pushing the timers to be a bit later or or making it earlier, next day or not, i don't mind it at all, in the end we opened this to get a better time for most of us which lil critters seem to be so against it.

I agree with @Blessing so I'm asking the admins to find a quick solution for this, push timer to be a bit later, or make it earlier, make it next day or anything like that and it has to be a bit more Asian friendly.

lil critters you gotta make up your minds, at least stick to what you said and don't change 180 degrees every time there's a new poll, plus talking about IHG getting their votes removed from the poll and how it's against the Asian community when you yourselves were so against it, it was only fair as lil critters attempted buying their votes which isn't okay and it's only normal for IHG to do that as it explains why they hate West even tho it's their own nation and they also has that hate for East, so it's more of a golden chance for IHG as they're getting some Kraken items that has been free farmed for a while now.

Please our staff team let's find a solution that includes our Asian community as well and not leave them behind!
This is true regarding "bribes" for votes? This was the real reason votes were taken away? I have been working and had not heard this. This is unfortunate

Last edited:
Whoever of "lil critter" said that they traded leviathan world boss for halcyona event, you do know that leviathan doesn't despawn until maint.lol. So that means you traded pvp for pve boss?

@Sparkle @Sjinderson since changing timer for both bosses in same day is bad idea what about kraken in thursday and BD in tuesday this is a good idea both everyone to practice in both bosses especially chinese, the current time for BD is too late for them and no one from them going for it upvote this post if its good idea, you can see all sides complaining even NA players about that spawn time for BD

I really like this idea (not too surprising since he got it from me)
The times proposed by sjinderson show that the admins are open to the idea of separating the boss spawns, rather than the stacking that happens currently, so if they're going to be split, why not split them in a way that actually allows both SEA and EU players to attend.

It seems that currently the 12:30p time slot on Thursday is preferred for Kraken, why not make the BD spawn at the same time, but on Tuesday. So the adjusted schedule would look like:
Tuesday-- BD 12:30* (or whatever time is voted on, above), Kraken 6:30p
Thursday-- Kraken 12:30*, BD 8p

Last post I can be bothered making lets see if this one gets deleted or not. Going to discuss points I brought up personally with sjinder and that got shutdown esentially as <lil critter> agenda when I was actually trying to make suggestions that would promote engagement and pvp. In short I am suggesting changes that would promote all sides to contest and attempt bosses rather than only showing if they know they can kill it.

1. If we're attempting to appeal to all time zones I suggest we have two weekend spawns e.g kraken and bd on both sat and sunday (sat spawn being an earlier eu timer, this would also make the time between the two spawns larger so there is more merit to making that one earlier than just to help EU ). Surely this would promote the most engagement and since it is the weekend people would be more willing to either get up early or stay up later to attend. (Yes I am aware that would leave one of the weekday spawns but sjinder said they won't remove any days just move them so for the time being we can forget about that one. )

2. I already suggested to sjinder in dms to add rewards for bosses despawning (Like the honor reward pirates have when morpheus despawns). The majority of the casual playerbase do not want to attend 2 bosses for 5 hours total and not walk away with anything but a hole in their wallet from buffs and pots. Having rewards like this would encourage both pulling bosses to attempt them or to contest pirates atm on bd for example.

3. As far as rewards something along the lines of 10kish honor for kraken and bd + however many radiant hiram infusions (or god forbid some t3 hiram scrolls to help pump out more t4's ) the gm's can decide on wahtever they want for the rewards. This would probably do rather well for promoting east / west to come out even when they don't think they are going to kill the boss.

In the end of the day I play this game for pvp and would love nothing more than changes like the ones I suggested above to help promote the general populous to come out to bosses, as by default they are punishing and don't reward players for contesting. As a server not as a pirate or east/west I believe we should push for changes along the lines of these rather than making specific timers to accommodate only one time zone while also leaving the bosses in a state that doesn't promote contesting. :) Thanks for reading my ramble.

Last edited:
In the end of the day I play this game for pvp and would love nothing more than changes like the ones I suggested above to help promote the general populous to come out to bosses, as by default they are punishing and don't reward players for contesting. As a server not as a pirate or east/west I believe we should push for changes along the lines of these rather than making specific timers to accommodate only one time zone while also leaving the bosses in a state that doesn't promote contesting.
This. Current changes do nothing but make it impossible for multiple groups to be unable to attend to the event. No China, No OCE, No NA.
Everybody would be able to show up if these changes were to occur on a Sat or Sun and we would have all the pvp we want.

I really like this idea (not too surprising since he got it from me)
The times proposed by sjinderson show that the admins are open to the idea of separating the boss spawns, rather than the stacking that happens currently, so if they're going to be split, why not split them in a way that actually allows both SEA and EU players to attend.

It seems that currently the 12:30p time slot on Thursday is preferred for Kraken, why not make the BD spawn at the same time, but on Tuesday. So the adjusted schedule would look like:
Tuesday-- BD 12:30* (or whatever time is voted on, above), Kraken 6:30p
Thursday-- Kraken 12:30*, BD 8p
It's really nice idea, can also be Tuesday Kraken only at 12:30 PM and Thursday BD only at 12:30 PM tho, instead of having both

To clarify of those additional timers.

It is still 3 spawns per week.

Kraken will spawn early and BD will spawn at the evening.

So it will be

Morning - Evening - Evening for Kraken
Evening - Morning - Evening for BD.

I know you have the best intentions at heart but as an open forum post others have their own agenda to push which can muddy the message a bit. When you first presented the idea to me in discord it sounded great and I believe through poll after poll and comment after comment that got lost.

What you have working against you right now...

1. The time frames being offered. We have little control over this and is in the hands of the AR team to see if they could make something work

2. A few of us attempted to organize people for BD and very few seemed interested or wanted to put forth any real effort to contest. There is 0 reason why the Pirates are free farming BD at the current time frame when West has enough geared people to do it. We can gather plenty of people for Kraken 1-2 times a week but do not do the same for BD? I have never once cared about the loot from these bosses but my aim was to encourage them to be "contested" by someone. This was not due to any real hate for Pirates but to have fun and create pvp like Lusca a few months back and TwT a few months after that. So to contest we dont have to go full sweat but at least need to make a real effort once a week in place of allowing Bosses to be free farmed. These are points often brought up in shout chat by Pirates people view as trolling but is also true if we are being honest.

3. No real plan to progress on BD content. I dont know what is being discussed on East but on West there is no plan to contest BD. We contested a few times but was short lived. It was more of "disrupting" than really contesting because numbers would would range from 8-30 depending on the day. So if i am not being biased why are we changing a time for a Boss that not many show interest in or even tried to put up a fight for? Even with a change it would take 4-5 Pirates dedicated to disrupting BD to stop most semi-pug raids that attempt it.

In my opinion what West and East should be working toward in lieu of changing a Boss timer at this stage...

Work on organizing and practicing real PvP beyond Halcy or MM. Once the same 20-25 people can be show up 1-2 times a week with a common goal then we can start talking about contesting content. If we do not start with a solid foundation then what do we really hope to accomplish?

I would also invest less time into how Pirates feel when responding to forum posts. Do they care about the Asian players? Maybe but likely not. They have found a way to poke a hole in the current issue and are focusing on it to disrupt the change but make valid points. The real question is would West or East propose this change if Pirates were a non-factor? If the answer is yes we would agree to change Boss times to allow EU/Asian players a chance at content then i guess we need to put ourselves in the position to do so and make it unanimous.

I am optimistic =) good luck my friend!
yet again i agree with all what you have said
with everyone being greedy and just thinking about what works best for them or just hating the other group and just trying to deny or exclude them from contents it really turned to be something ugly and it's against the purpose of this thread

about the time frames we could try to suggest shifting or delaying some other events to make kraken/bd fit more for everyone

as for black dragon i know about west's attempts and i was happy about it, personally i have no chance at all to attend at weekdays or even weekends since it's really late for me
and i know about east, they gonna attempt it even if they wont kill it from the 6th attempt or whatever it's just for the sake of practice on communication and organization

and about ***The real question is would West or East propose this change if Pirates were a non-factor*** yes i would've suggested that still if i knew such change is possible i dont know why other people didn't do it but finally here it is

Back