What's new

Something needs to be done about kraken/black dragon for the eu/asian player base.

New spawn timer for Kraken and BD. 1 month Trial

• - 11:30 am Kraken + 5:00 pm BD (Tue)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • - 11:30 am Kraken + 5:00 pm BD (Thu)

• - 12:30 pm Kraken + 5:00 pm BD (Tue)

• - 3:30 pm Kraken + 5:00 pm BD (Tue)

• -11:30 am Kraken (Tue) BD (Thu)

• -3:30 pm Kraken (Tue) BD (Thu)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thing to notice: It takes 28 pages and plenty of casual gamers activity on forum to get through toxicity uncecessary wave to bring a change that is needed, and it's not about "freefarming" or "taking stuff away" since 1. no one ever said that 2. nothing is free, you must go and do it to get it. Gear or number of people - was never a problem, it was just clock - and it was proven many times. Big thank you for administration for making step towards EU community that choosed to play on very begining here and stayed on this server, hope after testing month things will work out and let's not forget about Asia community too, i would like to hear some of their voice too about the subject - since we can just guess their real gaming time - would love to get some more insight into that topic tho!
ebd.jpg

Last post I can be bothered making lets see if this one gets deleted or not. Going to discuss points I brought up personally with sjinder and that got shutdown esentially as <lil critter> agenda when I was actually trying to make suggestions that would promote engagement and pvp. In short I am suggesting changes that would promote all sides to contest and attempt bosses rather than only showing if they know they can kill it.

1. If we're attempting to appeal to all time zones I suggest we have two weekend spawns e.g kraken and bd on both sat and sunday (sat spawn being an earlier eu timer, this would also make the time between the two spawns larger so there is more merit to making that one earlier than just to help EU ). Surely this would promote the most engagement and since it is the weekend people would be more willing to either get up early or stay up later to attend. (Yes I am aware that would leave one of the weekday spawns but sjinder said they won't remove any days just move them so for the time being we can forget about that one. )

2. I already suggested to sjinder in dms to add rewards for bosses despawning (Like the honor reward pirates have when morpheus despawns). The majority of the casual playerbase do not want to attend 2 bosses for 5 hours total and not walk away with anything but a hole in their wallet from buffs and pots. Having rewards like this would encourage both pulling bosses to attempt them or to contest pirates atm on bd for example.

3. As far as rewards something along the lines of 10kish honor for kraken and bd + however many radiant hiram infusions (or god forbid some t3 hiram scrolls to help pump out more t4's ) the gm's can decide on wahtever they want for the rewards. This would probably do rather well for promoting east / west to come out even when they don't think they are going to kill the boss.

In the end of the day I play this game for pvp and would love nothing more than changes like the ones I suggested above to help promote the general populous to come out to bosses, as by default they are punishing and don't reward players for contesting. As a server not as a pirate or east/west I believe we should push for changes along the lines of these rather than making specific timers to accommodate only one time zone while also leaving the bosses in a state that doesn't promote contesting. :) Thanks for reading my ramble.
that's really thoughtful suggestion to be fair, I like that and would like to see how such change will play out
but making quests might take quite some time so that something we could test later on 👍

Last post I can be bothered making lets see if this one gets deleted or not. Going to discuss points I brought up personally with sjinder and that got shutdown esentially as <lil critter> agenda when I was actually trying to make suggestions that would promote engagement and pvp. In short I am suggesting changes that would promote all sides to contest and attempt bosses rather than only showing if they know they can kill it.

1. If we're attempting to appeal to all time zones I suggest we have two weekend spawns e.g kraken and bd on both sat and sunday (sat spawn being an earlier eu timer, this would also make the time between the two spawns larger so there is more merit to making that one earlier than just to help EU ). Surely this would promote the most engagement and since it is the weekend people would be more willing to either get up early or stay up later to attend. (Yes I am aware that would leave one of the weekday spawns but sjinder said they won't remove any days just move them so for the time being we can forget about that one. )

2. I already suggested to sjinder in dms to add rewards for bosses despawning (Like the honor reward pirates have when morpheus despawns). The majority of the casual playerbase do not want to attend 2 bosses for 5 hours total and not walk away with anything but a hole in their wallet from buffs and pots. Having rewards like this would encourage both pulling bosses to attempt them or to contest pirates atm on bd for example.

3. As far as rewards something along the lines of 10kish honor for kraken and bd + however many radiant hiram infusions (or god forbid some t3 hiram scrolls to help pump out more t4's ) the gm's can decide on wahtever they want for the rewards. This would probably do rather well for promoting east / west to come out even when they don't think they are going to kill the boss.

In the end of the day I play this game for pvp and would love nothing more than changes like the ones I suggested above to help promote the general populous to come out to bosses, as by default they are punishing and don't reward players for contesting. As a server not as a pirate or east/west I believe we should push for changes along the lines of these rather than making specific timers to accommodate only one time zone while also leaving the bosses in a state that doesn't promote contesting. :) Thanks for reading my ramble.
That's another good suggestion, this would benefit all kinds of players pve/pvpers/casuals to attend to these world bosses, since it would give them something after all. More players at the same place contesting each other, makes this server super healthy, and by its activity encourages new burnt out live players to come here and start their journeys here.

I wholeheartedly support this idea. I wonder if Abbadon will support this though.

Last edited:
At the very least since the quest idea would take a while to implement. I would like to see one of the weekday spawns moved to Sunday and make Saturday whatever EU timer that gets selected :). That could be implemented first and would be a step in the right direction of helping attendance.

the idea is good but the rewards idea is bad either for honor or hiram infusions/scrolls but ive got an idea but will be able to share it later and explain it why no matter how much infusions or scrolls they add to contesting bosses players wont show up, heres why, why contest kraken for 3hours so no one can kill it or 2 hours for BD while you can spend this time farming instead less effort this is like the players who wait 10-20mins for FOH to pop and stay inside it for another 25mins for only 20 infusion or so, while farming WHM for 1hour gives you more infusions, more scrolls and more gold

my new suggestion will fit well next patch not this one

All these days of voting and discussions showed that players will never come to an agreement here. That's why I am and devs will be those who make a decision instead of you all, as we are definitely going nowhere in this discussion. It may be a bit different from all previously suggested as I clearly see that neither of previously provided (during all these days) options is good for you. Decision will be final and not a subject of further polls.
As players can't come to an agreement and prefer to continue the exchange of insults and just going rounds, I'm also temporary closing this thread before you didn't make it worse for yourself.​
Also, keep in mind, unfortunately, there is no option that would satisfy everyone, that's why we'll choose the one we consider the best for now. But, as I said, no way to satisfy everyone, that's why chosen option may not be the best for everyone!​

Current timers:
Kraken
- 6:30 PM (Tues., Thurs., Sat).
The Black Dragon - 8:00 PM (Tue/Thu/Sat).

New timers:
Kraken
- 6:30 PM (Tue, Sat), 10:30 AM (Sun).
The Black Dragon - 8:00 PM (Tue), 5:00 PM (Sat), 9:00 AM (Sun).

Those are new permanent timers. But, they may be changed in the future if don't show themselves effective.

Current timers:
Kraken

New timers:
Kraken

Those are new permanent timers. But, they may be changed in the future if don't show themselves effective.
when these changes going to be applied ?

Current timers:
Kraken

New timers:
Kraken

Sunday changes are overkill imo

Back