What's new

State of the Server

Shawnzy

I think I am speaking for most of the community when I am writing this and mainly a concern for the server's health.

The biggest issues day 1 of this server has been speed hackers, and to this very day it still is, now don't get me wrong most of us have been enjoying ourselves and it's been a lot of fun playing on this server and no way I am trying to talk down on the staff.

If nothing is done about this ASAP, and I don't mean telling us an anti-cheat is in the works, we get that, we get it takes time to make, test, etc. The server will die, we all give it about 2 weeks at the rate things are going.

What we are asking for is in-game GMs monitoring auroria, gold trader, abyssal, gilda turn-ins. It's ridiculous how many people are openly speed hacking on their main accounts with no repercussions.

Please consider adding some in-game GMs to monitor everything.

I 100% agree with Shawnzy here, I appreciate everything this staff has done for the ArcheAge community, and this server has been tons of fun. We don't want to see this server die after a month because these hackers are getting a major advantage. There are players with duped items, hacked items, and straight up speed hackers. All this leads to a black market for this server which puts certain players FAR ahead of others. We need in game GM's. I suggest that these in game GMs not be current players, or be voted on by the players. Our forum admins are doing a good job, but I don't want more people targeting players due to fear of corruption.

It's a serious problem, we need more GMs (on East as well as West, currently both of the server staff that were added from the players are West) and we need them to have the power to ban people who are openly cheating on the spot. Having some method to prevent people who cheat/hack from making new accounts, even if it's only complicating things for them and isn't foolproof, is also a good idea. The problem is only going to get worse as when people see guys flying around for HOURS at a time without repercussions that makes them think they can get away with it too.

It's going to be hard to find trustworthy individuals and honestly I wouldn't be surprised if some asshole gets power and abuses it, but that can all be fixed through ban appeals and removing power from/banning people who take things too far. Anything is better than the game being destroyed by hackers at this point.

I've seen a lot of people get angry about the treehouses as well. Several of my guildies left because all lands was taken within 1 week and 80% of it was from treehouses. So yeah i guess "p2w" is also an issue.

It's a serious problem, we need more GMs (on East as well as West, currently both of the server staff that were added from the players are West) and we need them to have the power to ban people who are openly cheating on the spot. Having some method to prevent people who cheat/hack from making new accounts, even if it's only complicating things for them and isn't foolproof, is also a good idea. The problem is only going to get worse as when people see guys flying around for HOURS at a time without repercussions that makes them think they can get away with it too.

It's going to be hard to find trustworthy individuals and honestly I wouldn't be surprised if some asshole gets power and abuses it, but that can all be fixed through ban appeals and removing power from/banning people who take things too far. Anything is better than the game being destroyed by hackers at this point.

Now this is a good idea and all but i dont agree with this ban on the spot lol I don't really trust these forum mods they could easily sway their power for their guilds and ban people who oppose their guild, especially considering the bias we have already seen from one guy in particular

I've seen a lot of people get angry about the treehouses as well. Several of my guildies left because all lands was taken within 1 week and 80% of it was from treehouses. So yeah i guess "p2w" is also an issue.

This isn't the thread for your "OMG MUH NO P2W" agenda.

Now this is a good idea and all but i dont agree with this ban on the spot lol I don't really trust these forum mods they could easily sway their power for their guilds and ban people who oppose their guild, especially considering the bias we have already seen from one guy in particular

Like I said it's not perfect and there'll probably be people that abuse it, but if somebody is banning legitimate players who oppose their guild then it's pretty freaking easy to tell and remove power from/punish that person. Leaving people who are openly cheating on the server for longer only makes more people think they can get away with it AND gives them more opportunity to make and move gold off of their account to further hurt the economy.

Absolutely agree with topic, something needs to be done ASAP. When you kill someone with a pack during Abyssal you wont even get to the bottom before the pack zooms away right infront of your nose and if you go to any high profit pack makers and just sit there you can easily catch quite a significant amount of people on the spot. It's affecting legitimate players slowly but surely, some people might not even realize but with such a significant amount of gold coming into the economy it does skew everything in the entirely wrong direction.

This isn't the thread for your "OMG MUH NO P2W" agenda.

Like I said it's not perfect and there'll probably be people that abuse it, but if somebody is banning legitimate players who oppose their guild then it's pretty freaking easy to tell and remove power from/punish that person. Leaving people who are openly cheating on the server for longer only makes more people think they can get away with it.
it's a thread about THE STATE OF THE SERVER and i dont see why im not allowed to talk about the other server's issues..

People are running packs almost 24/7 with this shit speed hack...just look at pack rates in game. This can easily be caught with just 1 in game GM. As soon as a majority of the hackers get hit people will stop because they won't want to get banned but right now people are so blatantly open about it because they have no fear of ban.

implementing in game gm's is a good idea. the way people are speedhacking and getting away with it isnt sneaky. its obvious. having a gm in game and able to see this first hand is necessary.

it's a thread about THE STATE OF THE SERVER and i dont see why im not allowed to talk about the other server's issues..
Because it's not actually an issue, you're just making it out to be. Their highest priority is donations and anti-cheat, do you honestly think it's an "issue" when it's top priority to bring it back?

Brb, swaying power towards the formidable Uganda People's Defence Force.

We were hired to be GMs. Should we be given normal GM powers - aka the power to act on what is going on ingame - there'll be full logs of our actions to any of our superiors. I'm sure they will ask us to provide reasoning for every ban and action taken too.

The lack of oversight isn't an issue. Knowing this Administration, I'm sure there'll be plenty of oversight and knowing this community, I'm sure that if Krowley and I step out of line, people will be more than glad to report it.

The issue, right now, is widespread hacking. You need GMs ingame to combat that effectively and you need said GMs to know the game in and out.

I, for one, fully adhere to Shawnzy's analysis. This server's issues compound each other but the main one, at the moment, is definitely the hacking that has gotten out of control. There needs to be something drastic done to reduce it.

Edit: I'm fairly certain that any GM account would be completlely separate from player accounts anyway and there'd be one east GM and one west GM so it's always easy to reach one, no matter your faction (lol sorry pirates).

The problem with hacking and P2W is it makes other players give up. Why bother when you know you have no chance?

That's how I feel about PvP. I've never tried it, so I don't know if I'd enjoy it or not. But what's the point? These hackers and P2W players are at such a huge advantage, that I'd feel like a fool trying to compete with them.

So it's just as well I enjoy PvE, but I can see why other players will be driven away from the game because of these issues.

Absofuckinglutely NOT should anyone playing have in game GM powers. PERIOD.

These people make enough money *when their payment services work*, to hire a couple minimum wage GMs that arent playing the game.

To have in game GMs be affiliated with a specific guild is disastrous. I would pre emptively quit in an instant because it's guaranteed only X amount of time till some sort of fuckery happens.

Might need to "hire" a couple of additional GMs. My group of friends play on Australian time so I figure the GMs are all asleep then. We see hackers all the time.

I love when people bring up legitimate arguments in favor of a topic (see Ulfnaor's post) and then people completely ignore that argument and just say "Yeah but it's bad so don't do it".

Hiring GMs that don't play the game is a terrible idea. People need to know what's actually going on in order to moderate effectively.

Hiring GMs that don't play the game is a terrible idea. People need to know what's actually going on in order to moderate effectively.

I think you might have had a stroke there buddy

GMs that don't play the game as in GMs that aren't actively playing on the server, and will be fair to everyone
That's how it works on every game

Might need to "hire" a couple of additional GMs. My group of friends play on Australian time so I figure the GMs are all asleep then. We see hackers all the time.
Only GMs ingame would be Sparkle and IronLady and I'm not even sure they login considering the amount of work the server might require, updates, ban appeals, reports, etc.
Krowley and Ulfanor aren't GMs, they're just forum moderators.
To have an actual GM ingame they would indeed need to hire someone irl or build trust with prevalent players and log them constantly incase they fuck up something so it can be reverted.

Back