What's new

State of the Server

I think you might have had a stroke there buddy

GMs that don't play the game as in GMs that aren't actively playing on the server, and will be fair to everyone
That's how it works on every game

What I was referring to is situations where people who are GMs have no experience in a game, we've all experienced or at least heard stories about incompetent GMs who read a ticket and clearly have no idea what you're talking about because they never played the game they're moderating themself.

Yeah having GMs from the playerbase will create some level of bias, but it's really easy to determine if a GM is abusing their power using logs and requiring explanations for the disciplinary actions they take. People that actually play and care about the server are also more likely to take their role more seriously as far as aiding in server health and can be paid using credits which would make things a lot easier on the people running the server.

People are running packs almost 24/7 with this shit speed hack...just look at pack rates in game. This can easily be caught with just 1 in game GM. As soon as a majority of the hackers get hit people will stop because they won't want to get banned but right now people are so blatantly open about it because they have no fear of ban.

Its not as bad on the west, and i've been camping freed for some time as well, didnt see people use speed hacks, they are definitelly getting banned, question is ,was it IP ban, or can they create new accs.
Also, east has notably more hackers from the reports so i can not comment on their side of the matter.

I've seen a lot of people get angry about the treehouses as well. Several of my guildies left because all lands was taken within 1 week and 80% of it was from treehouses. So yeah i guess "p2w" is also an issue.
I have a tree house next to my farm from the day the server was released until today NOTHING was put on the floor at all

I think you might have had a stroke there buddy

GMs that don't play the game as in GMs that aren't actively playing on the server, and will be fair to everyone
That's how it works on every game
No, it isn't.

They normally just have separate accounts and their main account is never announced, that's it. That is what I had proposed to the Admin here. I was GM on several games where it was permitted, as long as my main character remained hidden and not part of any relevant guild. On Trion's AA, the entire team plays: Khrolan, Celestrata, Scapes, etc. all had and have had characters. Same on Mail.RU's AA. I can't comment for XLGames. DAUM plays on BDO, etc.

Playing on the server you patrol on, as a GM, allows you to know that much more intimately what is going on.

It would be reassuring to know that there are in-Game GM's monitoring this type of behavior and banning players appropriately.

Playing on the server you patrol on, as a GM, allows you to know that much more intimately what is going on.

Damn right. I played a lot of Never winter nights and GMed there a few times. Smaller scale but being on the ground helps to see things.

Sorry but this seems kinda pointless.. The escalation rate of this server comparative to previous ones is drastically higher, and it WILL follow suit as previous servers have. The real state of the server is that its not likely to go longer or even close to 6 months of life.

if the bots/speed hacks continue I agree, if they start taking more aggressive action server could live for a long long time

It will be extremly important to have ingame GMs that KNOW THE GAME. How any of you can suggest we should have GMs that don't know/play the game is unbelieveable. One of the biggest issues with TRINO was that players felt they were totally disconnected from the playerbase and didn't know what the hell was going on in their game. Now you want to bring in people who don't have a clue at all? Please...

No, it isn't.

They normally just have separate accounts and their main account is never announced, that's it. That is what I had proposed to the Admin here. I was GM on several games where it was permitted, as long as my main character remained hidden and not part of any relevant guild. On Trion's AA, the entire team plays: Khrolan, Celestrata, Scapes, etc. all had and have had characters. Same on Mail.RU's AA. I can't comment for XLGames. DAUM plays on BDO, etc.

The difference is the people named are community figureheads, not the people required to press the "ban' button. And whilst true that in most games the development team play, that development team is bound by contracts, and the unspoken knowledge that fucking up their reputation by acting in a way that benefits themselves, or others, ingame, will sully their reputation within the industry.
This doesn't exist in a private server community.

We've already seen debateable forum behavior with personal bias taking over in threads, you can't expect the community to be happy giving out further permissions when people can't even bite their tongues on the forum.

This entire 'GM' debacle has been horribly handled, whilst it was always fairly obvious they'd look inside the community for help, those stepping up to the positions should have been required to take new names, and not disclose affiliations.

Can I ask for a source on this? I don't look through a lot of threads, but I'd like to see what people are on about.
The thread that people got riled up about was a guild discussion thread if I remember correctly, I don't have a link offhand but check debate sections.

Being GM is borring and demanding job, it is not having fun, nor impacting gameplay of others in any significant way, except on ones being removed.

You cant know if GMs are online, nor their names, and they can be watching, and using various means ingame to catch hackers, that no other players can.

Imagine a superman with no guild, no gear, and no money, that can see your inventory ,mails, dc ,Ban you on sight, or watch you from the sky, thats GM, and we need that kind of fear in hacker bones.

This isn't the thread for your "OMG MUH NO P2W" agenda.

Like I said it's not perfect and there'll probably be people that abuse it, but if somebody is banning legitimate players who oppose their guild then it's pretty freaking easy to tell and remove power from/punish that person. Leaving people who are openly cheating on the server for longer only makes more people think they can get away with it AND gives them more opportunity to make and move gold off of their account to further hurt the economy.

Put treehouses to the "starting from 0" environment is not p2w issue NOW. That was simple stupid action. Or blind greedy step to make server less viable in short and longer term. That 10-10 dollars/houses make game less "profitable" in long term because that locked lands by cash shop items make disable to get land in normal gameplay for 7 players. Summary: the Team get 20 dollars and it lost 7 players who will not stay in game and spend money without lands. 7 players who will generate more than that 20 dollars in some months. GG.

Test hack detection, fix it than start EU server! This server is fun, but 20 treehouses/housing zones are disgusting. Big White Dollar marks everywhere. Lag and event timing is not perfect for EU players. That 0,1-0,2 sec "normal" delays make game less fun in PvE (fight is less "fluid") and it's real problem in PvP. Ok, mass pvp give us huge lagspikes. You can spam your AoE skills, you die and your skill will activate when you are dead and all enemy are running away already. This is "feature" in AA. But starting delays/lags because we are in the other side of the American wall... eh. Just give us EU server! :D

Put treehouses to the "starting from 0" environment is not p2w issue NOW. That was simple stupid action. Or blind greedy step to make server less viable in short and longer term. That 10-10 dollars/houses make game less "profitable" in long term because that locked lands by cash shop items make disable to get land in normal gameplay for 7 players. Summary: the Team get 20 dollars and it lost 7 players who will not stay in game and spend money without lands. 7 players who will generate more than that 20 dollars in some months. GG.

Test hack detection, fix it than start EU server! This server is fun, but 20 treehouses/housing zones are disgusting. Big White Dollar marks everywhere. Lag and event timing is not perfect for EU players. That 0,1-0,2 sec "normal" delays make game less fun in PvE (fight is less "fluid") and it's real problem in PvP. Ok, mass pvp give us huge lagspikes. You can spam your AoE skills, you die and your skill will activate when you are dead and all enemy are running away already. This is "feature" in AA. But starting delays/lags because we are in the other side of the American wall... eh. Just give us EU server! :D

Once again more ideological thinking with no proof that those 7 players would spend money or even stick around long enought to spend money on what? a costume? I think not, just look at how much land has blown up and been retaken, i've had most of my neighbors change in the past 5 days as quite a few of the first initial land rushers just rushed for land then gave up on playing because it's AA!

The admins have already stated that EU server is the Russian one they are working on an English translated UI

The admins have already stated that EU server is the Russian one they are working on an English translated UI

Paint sh!t to red will not make it strawberry. English language in old server will not get any new players from "new players" or "new start maniac" groups. this is not argument and not real factor in chosing game.

Once again more ideological thinking with no proof that those 7 players would spend money or even stick around long enought to spend money on what? a costume? I think not, just look at how much land has blown up and been retaken, i've had most of my neighbors change in the past 5 days as quite a few of the first initial land rushers just rushed for land then gave up on playing because it's AA!

If half of this users will spend some dollars that is more than random landrushers generated in this time. You can buy upgrade tickets, p2w material generators, CHARMS, and any of this p2w houses and farms LATER. The starting situation =/= old server situation. When population is more stable extra farms and houses make less damage (maybe after AURORIA CASTLE RUSH). But we got this in empty server and in lvl1 character time. Best spots sold in cash shop. GG.
If we got this "small problems in donation" in day 1 and we can't pay for 1 week this server would be less cash centric "visually". But we got February in November. It's a little bit cold start. :)

Me and 2 friends of mine are having more fun here than we ever did hanging with Trino. Used to get on, play for half hour-labor gone-log out. Here we get on and can play to our hearts desires. For all the screaming about pack hacking the prices on stuff doesn't seem to be so over inflated to reflect that. 16's selling for 600-700 all over the place. A 20 dollar donation being there is no sub would have set you up for life if you had done it the first 3 days. No way no how you had 3 days to get land on a Trino server. Being as there's no sub it's reasonable.

Back