What's new

Suggestions for good post 4.5 skill change Archer build

prego_kamata

Open to suggestions about good archer builds IF there is any cuz it seems to me that this patch was the last nail in the coffin of Archery
2 of the most usable active combat skill for archers are out / piercing shot, toxic arrow the other 3 are reworked in a way that severely punishes archers Charged bolt have almost doubled CD 12 secs (from 7 sec at max archery )
stalkers mark and toxic shot no longer dealing ranged damage (probably perfect change if u are a mage or mele but for archers its a severe punishment )
this 2 new skills in archery skill tree are complete joke fending arrow has 45 sec cool down (this CD = almost 8 times the CD of piercing shot which was 6 sec at max archery )
and the other new skill ... Blazing Arrow ..LMAO ? dont know where to begin
i cannot find a single skill tree that are in sinergy with the current archery skill so any suggestions ??

I am also trying to find a good build for Primeval. I can't even find the combos :D

On first test, Freezing Arrow thingie skill combos with Stalker's Mark and we have the classic Charged Bolt + Endless Arrows. Apart from that, I don't know any others.

Charged Bolt has always been 10s cooldown, unless you ran the -10% cooldown passive or auroria wildborn boots. It has 12s now.
Check the archery passive that gives you feral mark, it reduces all archery cooldowns by 0.4s for every crit you hit, stacking 5 times - lowering all cooldowns by 2s.
You're very wrong if you think this patch gutted archers. Archers in this patch are by far the highest dps.
As a primeval, you might think it has gotten worse. But that is simply because Archery has shifted more towards songcraft.
Take a look at songcraft and you'll see why Archery is insane in 4.5. Also pay attention to all combo effects from all three trees.

Stalker's mark now marks enemies, and increases their received ranged damage which is crazy. Marked targets can also no longer avoid getting stunned by Overwhelm, as it removes the ability to block / parry / evade it. Most dps have no stun lift anymore, so they will have a hard time avoiding a mark > stun > shadowsmite trip combo from archers. The healing debuff from it is now on Poisoned Weapons, which you use and then your next attack will apply -30% healing.
Block and parry no longer actually block and parry. They now instead simply give -60% damage reduction if blocked, and -40% reduction if parried. Meaning players cannot avoid your mark or heal debuffs unless they evade them. And evasion is something mostly archers have.
Fending arrow has a 15m pushback on your enemy, 20m if it combos. And you can reset its cooldown using Hunter's guile. It also stops channeling and every cast, so you can cancel sleep songs, wave meteors, anything you can think of. It basically does what concussive does.
Blazing arrow is absolutely jawdropping. It will 100% crit if it hits, and during steady aim (another really busted ability), you get 3 shots of it.
It also decreases enemy accuracy, making them miss attacks.

Just to give you an idea. You can use Poisoned Weapons to apply -30% healing on your next attack. You use Stalker's mark on a tank which marks them, increases their received damage and applies the heal debuff. You remove his shield from a 20m distance with dissonance from Songcraft (this will also immediately remove every buff he has that requires him wearing a shield, such as redoubt or the +20% hp from refreshment). You can now either just gun him down with everything you have, and he won't avoid or negate any of your damage even remotely close to what he should be able to, or you can overwhelm shadowsmite stun/trip him.
Play Ebonsong and get used to it. Mostly all other archery classes aren't reliable anymore, not in PvP.

Last edited:
Basically your build should be very close to that of our new melee god the executioner.

Get erenor, roll crit dmg as much as you can, get dissonance , spam dissonance, mark, get next victim.

An the coolest thing is this game don't have good heal or tank classes anymore, so are guaranteed to win unless a decent executioner get you first.

Also Mages got nuked out the game too, if you find anything with a staff is guaranteed free honor as well.

Enjoy

uhhhh? >.> not true kinda
Well, technically you may have some barely decent heals with some uber geared bunny doombringer, so technically there is a healer and technically an skullknight could do something if no one in the opposing raid have dissonance which i won't expect it to happen to often once people find how OP is.

So lets change that to "An the coolest thing is this game don't have a PVP viable healers or tanks classes anymore"

Well, technically you may have some barely decent heals with some uber geared bunny doombringer, so technically there is a healer and technically an skullknight could do something if no one in the opposing raid have dissonance which i won't expect it to happen to often once people find how OP is.

So lets change that to "An the coolest thing is this game don't have a PVP viable healers or tanks classes anymore"

still don't agree c: but cba to explain xD

still don't agree c: but cba to explain xD
Tanks:
If dissonance lands(and it does a LOOOOOOT at least at official) you lose your shield and side weapon which translate in huge physical defense lost, block ability, redoubt can be bypassed(100%for ebonsong and executioner, less other classes) and you lose all your stunts,etc.

In resume you have to survive 6s at half defense and half attack skills, so unless you have some insane level of pdef and toughness(or a bunnybringer survive enough to land some mends on you) you are dead, hence useless.

Healers:
Basically you cannot heal yourself now(outside few ultra mana burners) and vitalism tree combos don't work with auramancy, hence the only relevant heal class left is the doombringer which is very hard to play which only function now is to hide, charge and jump in the fight spamming as much mends as you can before dissonance lands and some ebonsong nuke your skeleton out of your skin with 60k+ dmg in one shot(if you have 2h because why waste money on a shield anyway it just nuke you out of existence).

Sure, if you have an awesome ping, ultra high reflexes and enough GS(10k+) some doombringer can be relevant but for 90% of the cases don't go outside expect to find a healer and if you do don't expect it to survive more than a couple of mends, hence useless.

In resume you have to survive 6s at half defense and half attack skills, so unless you have some insane level of pdef and toughness(or a bunnybringer survive enough to land some mends on you) you are dead, hence useless.

Don't you think that's a little exaggerated ?
A tank with 12K def maybe goes down to 8K. Is still a lot and you still have all your resilience, toughness, and overall damage reduction from buffs & stats.
You're also given like +10K hp alone only using health lift & refreshment.

I'm sure tank is a lot worse now. But I can imagine it's still playable. It's just that you now actually need gear and can't just go tank with low budget and tank half the playerbase with 80% block rate.

Don't you think that's a little exaggerated ?
A tank with 12K def maybe goes down to 8K. Is still a lot and you still have all your resilience, toughness, and overall damage reduction from buffs & stats.
You're also given like +10K hp alone only using health lift & refreshment.
yeap that is what logic says but one of the reason i quitted official at 4.5 and servers got deserted in 2 weeks(at least the legacies i played at) is because that logic didn't apply outside equally uber geared players simply because melees got such an absurd critical dmg multiplier and other skill boost(even with shield a crit from an well geared ebonsong can almost one shot a very well geared tank).

I'm not sure if that same dmg calculation here is the same but i can tell you at least at official archers and executioners dropped tanks in 1 or 2 hits all the time and the rage threads were 200 pages long but i think at 4.7 or 5.0 they made some changes(as always, when it was too late) but my knowledge reach until 4.5.

just as reference one of my guildies already posted in our discord a 50k crit dmg one shot and he wasn't a lowbie

is there a way to activate the abyssal passives? asking because in the skill calculator of AA data base i saw that 2 of the shadow play Abys passives are very helpful for archers
one is the passive that decreases cd for Shadowplay skills by 20 % thats good for stalkers mark from 27 secs CD to 21.6 secs
and the other increases poison and bleed by 70 % which is very good considering that the new skill (Blazing Arrow ) deals +27 % dmg on bleeding target
and Charged Bolt +36 %

Last edited:
is there a way to activate the abyssal passives? asking because in the skill calculator of AA data base i saw that 2 of the shadow play Abys passives are very helpful for archers
one is the passive that decreases cd for Shadowplay skills by 20 % thats good for stalkers mark from 27 secs CD to 21.6 secs
and the other increases poison and bleed by 70 % which is very good considering that the new skill (Blazing Arrow ) deals +27 % dmg on bleeding target
and Charged Bolt +36 %
I don't think that is from 4.5 but i'm not 100% sure

Hmm.. My build is all messed up but that seems the be the case right now. All I can say is I wish they didn't change endless arrow. My dreams of being a mobile machine gun is dead. :( I wanted no cast times as an archer. I love mirror light and stakers mark cobo. I wanted to always on the move. This patch makes that hard to do. Oh well... I keep working at it. Maybe I will get something that works. I started using basic arrow more. I just wish it had the same range. I might look in to the shadowplay abyssals. You would lose the 10% overall. hmm.. Much love all...

Last edited:
At the moment for PvE i find the Trickster as the most suitable because i get 1 stun from Bubble trap + Charged Bolt
i get 1 knockdown from Earth Grip(11.9 seconds long Snare) + Snipe (Earth grip gets boosted by using Enervate first )
i get extended and more effective slow effect of Charged Bolt when using Focal Concussion +Charged Bolt
i get persistent Endless Arrow boost of +24% and additional damage support by using Fiend's Knell because of the "Slow Aura" of the pet
-it lasts 5 minutes per spawn and knocks down the targets at the spawn location + inflicts Burn damage over time every once in a while
i get 2 minutes of 1200-1300 mag. defense increased
(don't remember the exact number but is going to be different for any player according to they'r build and stats)
I use -left hand Obsidian dagger- (for Agility boost & high Range Crit.) + -Right Hand - Obsidian scepter(Increases Mag. def. penetration and
increases mag. attack of all Witch Craft Skills + increases Poisoned Weapons effectiveness )
Now for the choice of pet its up to the individual preferences :

if u get the Dog/Wolf pet (At Marianpole for 10 silver , dont know if u can find it the East) or similar (like Tarian The Grimm) u get 1 additional knockdown at every 15-18 seconds cd. (damage on tripped targets is always increased)
+ the pet takes the target's aggro at every 15-18 seconds of cd.

Saber Fang (the cat Pet -u can find it in Haranya of on Mirage Island ) is as well very good for archers
because from the 2 offensive skills of it 1 causes Bleeding (boosting Dmg. of -Charged Bolt by 36%, Endless Arrow by 33%, Blazing Arrow by 27%
and the Def. penetration of Concussive Arrow by 20% )
1 causes slow (boosting dmg. of Endless Arrow by 24 % and improves the Slow effect of Charge Bolt from -30% Slow effect on the target to -40% Slow effect
both of the skills are at 18 sec. CD

Last edited:
Back