What's new

Suggestions

It was removed only for players in 3.5. Client support was still available for it until 5.0, so we could return and maintain old system. But, as I said, in 5.0 it’s fully removed by XL, so it’s not possible to keep that system any longer.
Why that was done by them only in 5.0? I can explain it. As some Asian servers (i.e. Thai server) received the updates with big delay, XL kept client support of the old trade system by the moment all servers received the trade system update.
is it possible to have some custom quests for charcoal or maybe added in as a reward for one of the custom daily events that are already in place? Or even put some in the loot boxes.

is it possible to have some custom quests for charcoal or maybe added in as a reward for one of the custom daily events that are already in place? Or even put some in the loot boxes.

Afaik dragon essence stabilizer will convert into the new charcoal version, and seeing as it drops from the fishing event quests rn, those rewards could be exchanged for charcoal next patch too.

Is it possible to remove/greatly reduce the "Ghastly Aura" debuff aka 120s sunken chest timer ?
(Alternatively, make it stack to 3/4 before the debuff activate so you could at least gather grouped chests around sunken ship in 1 go)

It ain't a profitable activity and since jackpot have already been nerfed (aka perdita reward), there is little to no reason to add insult to injury by make every single sunken a 2min waiting game. The 30s liftoff is already painful enough!

Also, while we are at it: Could you bring submarine speed (the chrome one at least) on par with other underwater traveling means (ie: aquestria) ?

Having them there for sole realistic purpose to speedup sunken ship recovery clearly doesn't make this wonderful piece of engineering justice! Design is cool, equipment idea is cool but it all fall short when it come down to speed.

Could a small open for all chest be placed near the race quest "Arra's Ingredients" in hasla?
The use of it would be for those in the community that like to help people starting out since some of the materials are not always on the auction house and the ones that like to help are also not always on.
Yes I know I could just place a 8x8 with a chest, but afaik the closest housing area is on the other side of the river and thus people wouldn't know where to look for.

We'll see how we can increase availability of charcoal for all players. But such changes will most likely be applied only with 5.0 based release.

Is it possible to remove/greatly reduce the "Ghastly Aura" debuff aka 120s sunken chest timer ?
(Alternatively, make it stack to 3/4 before the debuff activate so you could at least gather grouped chests around sunken ship in 1 go)

It ain't a profitable activity and since jackpot have already been nerfed (aka perdita reward), there is little to no reason to add insult to injury by make every single sunken a 2min waiting game. The 30s liftoff is already painful enough!
It has been suggested earlier and suggestion was denied by the Devs. Timing will remain the same.

Also, while we are at it: Could you bring submarine speed (the chrome one at least) on par with other underwater traveling means (ie: aquestria) ?

Having them there for sole realistic purpose to speedup sunken ship recovery clearly doesn't make this wonderful piece of engineering justice! Design is cool, equipment idea is cool but it all fall short when it come down to speed.

Submarines have other advantages and they are specifically created for underwater treasure hunting. So comparing it with water mounts or regular ships will not be correct. But you can increase your submarine speed by using gear on it.

Could a small open for all chest be placed near the race quest "Arra's Ingredients" in hasla?
The use of it would be for those in the community that like to help people starting out since some of the materials are not always on the auction house and the ones that like to help are also not always on.
Yes I know I could just place a 8x8 with a chest, but afaik the closest housing area is on the other side of the river and thus people wouldn't know where to look for.
Technically not possible. Such chest would still need farm or house and can't be placed in wild. If we implement what you suggest, server will keep crashing.

It has been suggested earlier and suggestion was denied by the Devs. Timing will remain the same.

My bad for not looking up for previous answer to that request. After checkin, that was the answer " The debuff was something XL added themselves against bots ":

I'm totally aware that was a measure taken for the bot issue back when Perdita statue was worth something. That's specifically why I ask for it to be reconsidered, since drastic price adjustment have been applied to those "rare" drop, there is no more reason to actively prevent abuse for those.

It seems to be no valid reason standing against it as per the current state of sunken treasure chest and if I missing one, pleasure provide it! I just want to make that activity a bit more pleasurable than a waiting game. Diversification of activities should be a key goal to aim for in here!

Thanks in advance to reconsider what should be a simple fix in regards to what it bings!

My bad for not looking up for previous answer to that request. After checkin, that was the answer " The debuff was something XL added themselves against bots ":

I'm totally aware that was a measure taken for the bot issue back when Perdita statue was worth something. That's specifically why I ask for it to be reconsidered, since drastic price adjustment have been applied to those "rare" drop, there is no more reason to actively prevent abuse for those.

It seems to be no valid reason standing against it as per the current state of sunken treasure chest and if I missing one, pleasure provide it! I just want to make that activity a bit more pleasurable than a waiting game. Diversification of activities should be a key goal to aim for in here!

Thanks in advance to reconsider what should be a simple fix in regards to what it bings!
The timer deters bots.
Which since you mention the perdita statues there was a very short time when they were accidentally put back to full price and immediately bots appeared to claim all the chests.

The same would happen if the timer is removed. So the timer will stay

Ok, so you confirmed that full price Perditas was the issue AND that even with the timer, bots were still present when accidentally put back to full price. So your 10g Perditas fix was then the good call, and effectively prevented chests boting.
"The same would happen if the timer is removed" How so? By eliminating the cause, you removed the need of the band-aid aka timers.

Now, following that logic, one last genuine question: why would anyone bot current chests ?

ps: I will respect the decision made after that, but by restraining yet another original activity w/o reasons, you're not doing yourself a favor. Give it a try, you're not losing anything!

He means they won't remove the timers just in case the perdita price bugs out again in a future patch.
No I don't.

What I said was that when the perdita statue had normal price it was botted frantically till it was fixed and removing the timer would cause the same thing to happen again now because sunken chests are still have value.
And for a bot its free value given the need only for a salvage pouch.

We've already seen it in the past. Bot runners are not concerned with how much 1 of it can make. Only how much taking everything can make.

No I don't.

What I said was that when the perdita statue had normal price it was botted frantically till it was fixed and removing the timer would cause the same thing to happen again now because sunken chests are still have value.

We've already seen it in the past. Bot runners are not concerned with how much 1 of it can make. Only how much taking everything can make.

Thank you for clarifying, guess both what I thought and this support needing to keep the current system.

No I don't.

Fair enough, thx for exposing the reasoning, you broadened my view on bots perspective on value. Frustrating for the others playing by the rules tho.

Could we please add a "custom bosses" list to the Details tab of the Daily Schedule, listed by day of the week. The awesome new bosses you have added are fun to fight, and nice to farm, but unless its a current quest of yours, its hard to keep track of when they're spawning. So being able to see at a glance that, say, on Fridays Harbinger and Aragog spawn, and then Saturdays we have Sea Spirit General, Avatar &Addragurat, and Kraken's Cultist could be super helpful.

I would also like to suggest that more ways be added into game to obtain manastorm crystals for crafting mounts. If I remember correctly, as we go forward, they become a little more plentiful, but it still heavily favors any faction who can lock down content that drops gold crates. That leaves others pretty well stuffed for being able to get them. I know for a while you were trying to make Pirate's Tokens a thing for burning spare event currency, but I haven't seen those lately (and with the conversion rate being so low, and the tokens needed for upgrade being so high, they were a bit silly). Also there is a still-pending request for finding a new use for the gold pufferfish from the exploration weekly event. Either of those areas might be a nice place to add in Manastorm crystals as a reward.

Could we please add a "custom bosses" list to the Details tab of the Daily Schedule, listed by day of the week. The awesome new bosses you have added are fun to fight, and nice to farm, but unless its a current quest of yours, its hard to keep track of when they're spawning. So being able to see at a glance that, say, on Fridays Harbinger and Aragog spawn, and then Saturdays we have Sea Spirit General, Avatar &Addragurat, and Kraken's Cultist could be super helpful.

I would also like to suggest that more ways be added into game to obtain manastorm crystals for crafting mounts. If I remember correctly, as we go forward, they become a little more plentiful, but it still heavily favors any faction who can lock down content that drops gold crates. That leaves others pretty well stuffed for being able to get them. I know for a while you were trying to make Pirate's Tokens a thing for burning spare event currency, but I haven't seen those lately (and with the conversion rate being so low, and the tokens needed for upgrade being so high, they were a bit silly). Also there is a still-pending request for finding a new use for the gold pufferfish from the exploration weekly event. Either of those areas might be a nice place to add in Manastorm crystals as a reward.
- Kraken's Cultist is not a boss and only time it's required is only for the quest line, no sense to add it to that tab. As for the other bosses mentioned, you should also be able to see the time they are spawned in their quests. You can also always confirm time in our Events Mini-Guide [Link]. But Daily Schedule is not for the bosses, but for the events. As you can see it doesn't have any info about any other bosses as well, only events.
- Manastorm crystals are not planned to be added to any other places except of already available. Gold Crates were added to a few more places with the recent update.
- Pirate's Tokens are available in every festival. The last one just ended a few weeks ago.
- Gold pufferfish request was replied earlier and not forgotten. But Manastorm Crystals are not planned to be added there as it will simply result into dropping the value of Locked Gold Crates. Manastorm Crystals will stay in Locked Gold Crates only.

About the manastorm crystals, that's completely fair. I had to take a shot though, right? I want more mounts and (in the future) other shiny RP things!! :p

But Daily Schedule is not for the bosses, but for the events. As you can see it doesn't have any info about any other bosses as well, only events.

yes I do see this, but it also includes information about events that have been done and gone for months. Even the info for recurring events like Titan were wrong the last time around due to time zone changes. That you made daily quests for the custom bosses means that you want them to be ongoing events, not unlike the custom weekly merchant, fisher and exploration events. It appears that you want this to be appealing and repeatable content for players, and IMHO you should be hopping up and down on this awesome extra content that youall provide us above and beyond what is available elsewhere. For someone like me who has been long since burned out on vanilla content, this is a huge selling point for keeping me on this server!

You already have this Daily Schedule resource available, and I think it would be a benefit to everyone to use it for active content, too, as well as or in place of events that happen for a few weeks a year and then are inactive for the rest of the time.

I know that the Kraken Cutlist isn't properly a boss. It doesn't have its own loot table, and its only purpose is as an EU alternative to completing the main questline without requiring obscene hours to get to the abyssal event. I included that in the list of custom content because many of us veteran players do actually want to help newer players complete their earlier questline quests, and this is a big one that actually needs a large group or raid to complete.

*plinks 2 coppers in the pot and goes back to upgrading my super sexeh crystal wings*

It looks like we spoke about 2 different things. I meant the Events tab, but when I reread your post I now see you meant Details tab. We can add "Custom Bosses" list there.

I don't know if this is the correct place to make this suggestion, but I'd love to see the rose covered fence in White Arden turned into an object that is available.
(You can see it at the Community Center.)

Back