What's new

Suggestions

The golden carriage reward from the custom cartographer achievements - is it possible to give this the same functionality as a bed with a slightly higher labour regen amount or shorter sleep time (or both). It'd be nothing game-breaking but it'd be a nice reward for those of us that have dragged ourselves though it, and may make it more likely for other players to do it. I know Sparkle mentioned the numbers that had completed it weren't huge.

Would it be possible to add credit alternative recipes for Mad Steambike and S200lite upgrade?
(in the same way it is already implemented for Apex, Comet and Timber upgrade with "Muli-wagon upgrade ticket" instead of "Vehicule upgrade ticket")

Damage scaling is too high in this current patch. Not going to argue or mention too much beyond it is at a level that makes the game seriously unfun to play. The levels of damage are either different in this patch on scaling, of def / mdef pen is going beyond zero. The cast delay upon hit has been brought back as well which makes the only class that casts spells that are not instacasts left even more uh, dead. Before that 9600 average DEF pen didn't matter as much when you figure a cloth user doesn't even need to bother with a shield and just focus on percentage damage reduction as zero with a shield on is still zero. Now it's like getting hit while being -5 to 7k armor adding an average of 30-35% more damage. It's really a one swing crit death and with a shield a two swing crit or shot death. Faster than you can react mashing a key to free up an ability. This needs looked into.

Damage scaling is too high in this current patch. Not going to argue or mention too much beyond it is at a level that makes the game seriously unfun to play. The levels of damage are either different in this patch on scaling, of def / mdef pen is going beyond zero. The cast delay upon hit has been brought back as well which makes the only class that casts spells that are not instacasts left even more uh, dead. Before that 9600 average DEF pen didn't matter as much when you figure a cloth user doesn't even need to bother with a shield and just focus on percentage damage reduction as zero with a shield on is still zero. Now it's like getting hit while being -5 to 7k armor adding an average of 30-35% more damage. It's really a one swing crit death and with a shield a two swing crit or shot death. Faster than you can react mashing a key to free up an ability. This needs looked into.
Resilience crit damage reduction per point was lowered an all damage classes had base damage + scaling increases.
Damage has increased across the board. That is correct for the patch.

Resilience crit damage reduction per point was lowered an all damage classes had base damage + scaling increases.
Damage has increased across the board. That is correct for the patch.
Well it's totally making for a lot less fun. Keep it, change it, isn't my decision. But I think a lot of people dislike it.

You could try building correctly. That might help with you getting popped :)

Well it's totally making for a lot less fun. Keep it, change it, isn't my decision. But I think a lot of people dislike it.
Apart from maybe full-stacked arc's with 6 wrist gems, damage seems pretty normal to me. Avoiding charms and having -received damage in your synthesis stats for armor and having it in your accessories helps tremendously. Charmed defenses right now people are probably nullifying all your defenses, in the future with soul lib they can nullify it without you being charmed, this patch onwards requires you to build differently than stacking as much phys/mag defense as you can.

Keep in mind people running full lib sets are more squishy by default anyway. I use mine for farming and it works but pvp I prefer hiram tbh.

The armor and stats mentioned are irrelevant to what I am saying. I detailed out further in a message to some of the admins. I agree with you both, but that Is not really the mentioned reason. It's the formula for the way damage is handled itself. That is what I was bringing up is all. :)

The armor and stats mentioned are irrelevant to what I am saying. I detailed out further in a message to some of the admins. I agree with you both, but that Is not really the mentioned reason. It's the formula for the way damage is handled itself. That is what I was bringing up is all. :)
The armor you equip yourself with is the formula. Inadequate gear means inadequate survivability.
Basing of your equipment you don't have adequate gear to survive attacks, Disciples gear is not gear for surviving attacks. Its gear for outputting strong skills.
The 3 types of available equipment are built around a style.
Disciples - All about boosting skills and additional survivability.
Hiram - Little bonus to damage based around being able to survive more with it boasting resilience and % damage reduction stats.
Erenor - Combination of both at T2. Having % damage reductions like hiram and special frosts that give it stronger skill boosts like Disciples gear.

You mention defense penetration a lot as though its changes but it hasn't.
Nothing about defense penetration changed with 6.1. Pentration scrolls were removed and hiram ring introduced.
Thats a loss of 700 defense pen for 300 extra if you take the hiram ring as a replacement dream ring.
Casting delay never went away and came back. It was always present. Cast time reductions are just applied differently instead of everything giving flat cast time reductions its reductions applied directly to skills of that skilltree.

Damage is normal for the patch and infact you have more sources of damage reduction than in live.
Dying to a single skill is not an issue with the patches damage. Its entirely on you; how you play and gear yourself

The armor you equip yourself with is the formula. Inadequate gear means inadequate survivability.
Basing of your equipment you don't have adequate gear to survive attacks, Disciples gear is not gear for surviving attacks. Its gear for outputting strong skills.
The 3 types of available equipment are built around a style.
Disciples - All about boosting skills and additional survivability.
Hiram - Little bonus to damage based around being able to survive more with it boasting resilience and % damage reduction stats.
Erenor - Combination of both at T2. Having % damage reductions like hiram and special frosts that give it stronger skill boosts like Disciples gear.

You mention defense penetration a lot as though its changes but it hasn't.
Nothing about defense penetration changed with 6.1. Pentration scrolls were removed and hiram ring introduced.
Thats a loss of 700 defense pen for 300 extra if you take the hiram ring as a replacement dream ring.
Casting delay never went away and came back. It was always present. Cast time reductions are just applied differently instead of everything giving flat cast time reductions its reductions applied directly to skills of that skilltree.

Damage is normal for the patch and infact you have more sources of damage reduction than in live.
Dying to a single skill is not an issue with the patches damage. Its entirely on you; how you play and gear yourself
That's cool man, you can delete the comments up to this one. I'm not talking about gearing as much as the formula itself seems damaged which I'm simply testing out. Personally think it has something to do with this half patch setup we got going on. The only difference between the gear I use and the Hiram gear is either some resilience loss, which can be made up elsewhere or a flat percentage reduction which can also be made up elsewhere. Combined with the cast interrupt/delay upon damage returning there is something messed up with flat damage reduction and also flat damage reduction per type of damage. Either way I mentioned it, remove the messages and carry on. I will finish my tests with my character and some other people with the different gear types and then submit the video and combat logs. All it was is a message to look into. :)

The formula itself never changed.
You're finding an imaginary fault because you want a reason for why you die so easily that isn't you don't have correct gear or play optimally.
There isn't even a half patch setup. We're not missing any part of any patches. Its completely normal 6.1.

You clearly are just grasping at straws here when you say its just some resilience of percentage reduction loss that can be made up elsewhere because no it can't.
You don't just get an extra 2500 resilience (which is 31% reduced critical damage) and 12.5% reduction to a damage type (based on mythic t4 hiram) because you want it. You'd already be running the most you could get on other components.

Casting delay on hit never went away or was changed.
Its same cast delay on attack since 2.9 where the more damage you take from a skill the bigger the interrupt.

You're trying to blame the damage calculation formula for your shortcomings.

The formula itself never changed.
You're finding an imaginary fault because you want a reason for why you die so easily that isn't you don't have correct gear or play optimally.
There isn't even a half patch setup. We're not missing any part of any patches. Its completely normal 6.1.

You clearly are just grasping at straws here when you say its just some resilience of percentage reduction loss that can be made up elsewhere because no it can't.
You don't just get an extra 2500 resilience (which is 31% reduced critical damage) and 12.5% reduction to a damage type (based on mythic t4 hiram) because you want it. You'd already be running the most you could get on other components.

Casting delay on hit never went away or was changed.
Its same cast delay on attack since 2.9 where the more damage you take from a skill the bigger the interrupt.

You're trying to blame the damage calculation formula for your shortcomings.
Hey man, just delete all the stuff. I am neither being rude or grasping at anything. There is no need to be harsh, I even stated it's cool I'll test it out on my own. If I'm wrong, then I would be wrong. No need for the rest of it. Thanks and have a great day. Just delete it all. Rather not see the suggestion thread derailed this far over a simple request.

i think what drunkenhero means is that defense penetration before seem to have stopped at 0 pdef, so even if someone had 10k defense penetration and you had 9k pdef there was damage ceiling but lately it seems can go negative to -1000 pdef (given the previous example) hence no damage ceiling.

i noticed this too, after 6.1 i'm getting lot more damage than on 5.5 but sadly i don't have damage log screenshots to properly compare but well it is what it is.

Also i'm not saying and i think drunken isn't either, is that staff on purpose made a change but is possible the patch brought a hidden change which happens all the time on official servers.

Anyway im making another set to see but i know ppl with other armor sets also saying to me they are getting hit harder now but whatever if someone can check just to discard is an actual ninja patch that would be nice but if you don't is fine as well, just have to test and see how to mitigate as much as possible.

i think what drunkenhero means is that defense penetration before seem to have stopped at 0 pdef, so even if someone had 10k defense penetration and you had 9k pdef there was damage ceiling but lately it seems can go negative to -1000 pdef (given the previous example) hence no damage ceiling.

i noticed this too, after 6.1 i'm getting lot more damage than on 5.5 but sadly i don't have damage log screenshots to properly compare but well it is what it is.

Also i'm not saying and i think drunken isn't either, is that staff on purpose made a change but is possible the patch brought a hidden change which happens all the time on official servers.

Anyway im making another set to see but i know ppl with other armor sets also saying to me they are getting hit harder now but whatever if someone can check just to discard is an actual ninja patch that would be nice but if you don't is fine as well, just have to test and see how to mitigate as much as possible.
As I've said a few times now. Nothing changed.
Its the same defense penetration formula from the games release.
Nothing to do with it changed, what changed was resilience became less effective at reducing critical damage while the base damage of all dps classes was increased

You are probably mostly feeling the extra def pen you can get from epic hiram ring, +50 def pen added to 2h gems and mist sunder. You can stack some extra dpen now, but its not nearly the amount you'll be seeing in the future with soul lib. You probably want to invest in more reductions and change up your playstyle to make up for it.

As I've said a few times now. Nothing changed.
Its the same defense penetration formula from the games release.
Nothing to do with it changed, what changed was resilience became less effective at reducing critical damage while the base damage of all dps classes was increased
ok, something did change we were just wrong about what changed, ok now is clear. ty now to find a way to get more resilence

Suggestion: Option added to mass production of Experia plant creation. Option being x10 or x50. As I am making thousands a week and the time per 999 completing is long.

Back