What's new

Suggestions

I would also hate to see pearls & corals be purchaseable on merchants. When 3.5 hit, aqua-farming died.
I'm glad there is something that made it lucrative again. If anything, lower the amount required. 6 Aqua-farms are only generating 220 yellow/orange corals every 5hrs.

I would also hate to see pearls & corals be purchaseable on merchants. When 3.5 hit, aqua-farming died.
I'm glad there is something that made it lucrative again. If anything, lower the amount required. 6 Aqua-farms are only generating 220 yellow/orange corals every 5hrs.
90% of tidal/breezy bungalows are empty, owned by people just coming on to pay taxes, so its not like its a huge business right now. As i type this there is a total of 918 pearls on the AH, most of em at 2g+, 958 yellow coral at almost 3000g (2.99g per), and 727 orange coral at about 1450g (2g per). Thats not lucrative, thats just extortion.

Not only would that be over 5000 gold for a single orb (just to make a t5), but the supply is clearly not enough. They could cut requirements in half, that the mats available in AH would remain ultra overpriced, and still nowhere near meeting demand. With what i just listed, you'd still only make one obs piece @ 450 each mat.

Making it available on merchants and cutting sunset pearl requirements to like 10 would solve both supply and price issues (you can still sell the corals/pearls, but you'd need decent prices, just like people can't charge 1k for a soap because merchant sells them for 120g). Otherwise we already have boss mats, the new oils, abyssal crystals, and a load of moonlight/sunlight to sink gold on. Make obsidian at least as accessible as it was in 3.5, not the nightmare it is now.

EDIT: or even better, remove sunset pearls from the recipe like the thread next door is suggesting.

Last edited:
90% of tidal/breezy bungalows are empty, owned by people just coming on to pay taxes, so its not like its a huge business right now. As i type this there is a total of 918 pearls on the AH, most of em at 2g+, 958 yellow coral at almost 3000g (2.99g per), and 727 orange coral at about 1450g (2g per). Thats not lucrative, thats just extortion.

Not only would that be over 5000 gold for a single orb (just to make a t5), but the supply is clearly not enough. They could cut requirements in half, that the mats available in AH would remain ultra overpriced, and still nowhere near meeting demand. With what i just listed, you'd still only make one obs piece @ 450 each mat.

Making it available on merchants and cutting sunset pearl requirements to like 10 would solve both supply and price issues (you can still sell the corals/pearls, but you'd need decent prices, just like people can't charge 1k for a soap because merchant sells them for 120g). Otherwise we already have boss mats, the new oils, abyssal crystals, and a load of moonlight/sunlight to sink gold on. Make obsidian at least as accessible as it was in 3.5, not the nightmare it is now.

EDIT: or even better, remove sunset pearls from the recipe like the thread next door is suggesting.

No don't add it to General Merchant !!! How else will I overcharge ppl for easy farming !!!! :p :p :p :p

Merit badge obtaining needs to be buffed. The methods of obtaining them took a massive hit. This is bad since to obtain Ayanad+ cloaks you need an Axis Mundi Aegis. Axis Mundi Aegis requires 800 merit badges, but there are literally only 15 daily contracts available to get them. Since 4.0 came out, I've had two days in which I didn't get a single one of those contracts in my dailies. Most of those contracts also share the same three slots. You can have at maximum three of the daily contracts with merits badges on any given day currently, and realistically have one.

Since the merit badge rewards in the custom quests were buffed from their prior meager quantity, they are a much better way to get them. However, I counted, and if you did every custom quest to its maximum level, you can only get up to 81 merit badges weekly. If you were only able to get merit badges from only the custom quests, it would take 10 weeks minimum to have enough. Real life happens however. It makes it so not everyone is able to do all the custom quests. Those who miss the weekly Friday event are particularly punished.

Merit Badges from custom events:
  1. Treasure Hunter on Wednesday: 6
  2. Monday's Merchant's Day: 17
  3. Tuesday's Merchant's Day: 17
  4. Friday's Merchant's Day: 41
Suggested ways to help fix the problem:
  • Have every standard quest/contract (not custom quest) give double to triple merit badges compared to what they currently give.
  • Add merit badges back into the Prime Tenacious Gift Boxes (you receive these from completing 5 and 7 contracts). 3.0 and 3.5 had a chance to award 3-5 merit badges. Even if you do nothing else, please add these back.
  • Add a way to exchange Gilda Stars to Merit badges. Since you can still run trade packs for Gilda Stars and now do daily contracts for them as well, perhaps it could be like 10 Gilda Stars per 1 Merit.
  • Add Axis Mundi Aegis to the Gilda Star exchange portion of the Marketplace. Set the cost at 1,200 or 1,600 Gilda Stars.
  • Give one merit badge per completion of Blue Salt Requests which are purchased from ten of the community centers. Alternatively give one merit badge from the guild quest which requires you to complete one of the Blue Salt Requests.
  • Balance the quantity of merit badges from the custom events. Treasure Hunter gives so little compared to Friday's Merchant's Day. Reduce the quantity on Friday and increase the quantity on Wednesday. On Monday and Tuesday, rather than giving 5-5-7, do 5-6-7. People like progressive rewards. The end sum of the events could still equal 81. Just how you get the 81 should be balanced.
One of these suggestions by themselves wouldn't fix the problem, but a combination of even two or three of them would significantly help.

I would like to suggest a change in the recipe for the Spellshift Orb, required to upgrade obsidian gear from tier 4 onwards

Current crafting recipe with current AH prices:
5 Stone Bricks - 2g
30 Sunset Pearls - 5850g

1 Sunset Pearls - 195g
- 30 orange coral - 75g
- 30 yellow coral - 60g
- 30 pearls - 60g

1 orange coral - 2g
1 yellow coral - 2g
1 pearl - 2.5g

All of this assuming there are enough mats in the AH to begin with,
which is unlikely, and not the case at the current time

Best sollution would be to add them to the general merchant like they did in 4.5

The price they have chosen for them is 120g

But if that is not acceptable, you could make it so the recipe requires less sunset pearls,
maybe just one to keep it in line with the price chosen in 4.5
I like the suggestion, and ye finding the mats in Auction house is tedious. Farming them is tedious. 900 pearls/coral is a big yikes to plant and harvest.
All the changes related to Spellshift Orb are already confirmed and will be posted shortly in the thread started by the players earlier regarding this exact matter: https://na.archerage.to/forums/threads/spellshift-orbs-wut.9197/

Merit badge obtaining needs to be buffed. The methods of obtaining them took a massive hit. This is bad since to obtain Ayanad+ cloaks you need an Axis Mundi Aegis. Axis Mundi Aegis requires 800 merit badges, but there are literally only 15 daily contracts available to get them. Since 4.0 came out, I've had two days in which I didn't get a single one of those contracts in my dailies. Most of those contracts also share the same three slots. You can have at maximum three of the daily contracts with merits badges on any given day currently, and realistically have one.

Since the merit badge rewards in the custom quests were buffed from their prior meager quantity, they are a much better way to get them. However, I counted, and if you did every custom quest to its maximum level, you can only get up to 81 merit badges weekly. If you were only able to get merit badges from only the custom quests, it would take 10 weeks minimum to have enough. Real life happens however. It makes it so not everyone is able to do all the custom quests. Those who miss the weekly Friday event are particularly punished.

Merit Badges from custom events:
  1. Treasure Hunter on Wednesday: 6
  2. Monday's Merchant's Day: 17
  3. Tuesday's Merchant's Day: 17
  4. Friday's Merchant's Day: 41
Suggested ways to help fix the problem:
  • Have every standard quest/contract (not custom quest) give double to triple merit badges compared to what they currently give.
  • Add merit badges back into the Prime Tenacious Gift Boxes (you receive these from completing 5 and 7 contracts). 3.0 and 3.5 had a chance to award 3-5 merit badges. Even if you do nothing else, please add these back.
  • Add a way to exchange Gilda Stars to Merit badges. Since you can still run trade packs for Gilda Stars and now do daily contracts for them as well, perhaps it could be like 10 Gilda Stars per 1 Merit.
  • Add Axis Mundi Aegis to the Gilda Star exchange portion of the Marketplace. Set the cost at 1,200 or 1,600 Gilda Stars.
  • Give one merit badge per completion of Blue Salt Requests which are purchased from ten of the community centers. Alternatively give one merit badge from the guild quest which requires you to complete one of the Blue Salt Requests.
  • Balance the quantity of merit badges from the custom events. Treasure Hunter gives so little compared to Friday's Merchant's Day. Reduce the quantity on Friday and increase the quantity on Wednesday. On Monday and Tuesday, rather than giving 5-5-7, do 5-6-7. People like progressive rewards. The end sum of the events could still equal 81. Just how you get the 81 should be balanced.
One of these suggestions by themselves wouldn't fix the problem, but a combination of even two or three of them would significantly help.
Reply regarding the Merit Badges has already been provided in several threads. Will add it here as well.

You get more Merit Badges now from Merchant and Treasure Days than before. You can get around 80 Merit Badges (even a bit more) a week if you participate in these 2 events only.
Custom quests that dropped Merits still continue dropping them and you can also complete the following quests to get extra Merit Badges:
  • The Path of the Gladiator
  • Crimson Infantry
  • Crimson Reserves
  • Crimson Commanders
  • Liberate the Encyclopedia Room: 10
  • Liberate the Encyclopedia Room: 20
  • Liberate the Encyclopedia Room: 30
  • The Grimghast Vanguard
  • The Grimghast Army
  • Anthalon's Artifacts
  • The Bloody Basin
  • Mistmerrow Champion
  • Creatures from the Depths
  • Rise of the Luscas
  • Lusca Hunter

Custom quests that dropped Merits still continue dropping them and you can also complete the following quests to get extra Merit Badges:
  • Crimson Infantry
  • Crimson Reserves
  • Crimson Commanders
  • The Grimghast Vanguard
  • The Grimghast Army
  • Anthalon's Artifacts
  • The Bloody Basin
  • Mistmerrow Champion
  • Rise of the Luscas
  • Lusca Hunter

The following quests which you noted are daily contracts, in which you aren't even guaranteed to get one per day. If you count them, it's 15 contracts just as I noted in my post above. Most of them also only award one merit badge upon completion.

In regards to the custom events, please balance how many merit badges you get per custom event day. I even listed the values per custom event daily that you can obtain. If a person is unable to play on Friday for any reason, it's literally half of the merit badges for the week gone. Balance it with slight increases to Monday and Tuesday, a larger increase on Wednesday, and reduce the amount of merit badge received on Friday. Each day should give roughly 25% since there are four custom event days which give merits currently. EDIT: Even if Friday still gave more, it should be closer to 30% instead of 50%

And Prime Tenacious Gift Boxes used to give a chance for merit badges. Please add it back. 4.0 removed it by default since the live version removed merit badges.

@Sparkle vehicle upgrade devices, the little parts needed to upgrade the steambike to maxxed version, are only available in a general merchat apparently.

Could those not maybe come to marketplace? the bikes already have the other upgrades there, from visuals to the subwoofer.

Reply regarding the Merit Badges has already been provided in several threads. Will add it here as well.

You get more Merit Badges now from Merchant and Treasure Days than before. You can get around 80 Merit Badges (even a bit more) a week if you participate in these 2 events only.
  • Crimson Infantry
  • Crimson Reserves
  • Crimson Commanders
  • The Grimghast Vanguard
  • The Grimghast Army
  • Anthalon's Artifacts
  • The Bloody Basin
  • Mistmerrow Champion
  • Rise of the Luscas
  • Lusca Hunter

Please please please turn ALL "Daily contracts" Q's as they are now called (i.e. the Q's from the daily tracker thing) back to Merit badges.

I understand you have already said that players can now earn MANY MANY Merit badges using the Trader's Day and Merchants Day events as compared to previously in 3.5 but..
You have to do them ONLY on the days that those events are avaliable as my friend @Draeoni has pointed out...

And as I have pointed out elsewhere in this forum those events are TIRESOME and boring to do... Furthermore more such traders/merchants events require a sizeable materials/gold sink before one can start doing them, which means that Merit Badge earning (other than from Achievements and levelling up Qs) is basically unobtainable for new players at all...

I would rather have Merit badges trickle in from the doing Daily Contracts which are manageable to do, esp. the pack crafting, spending labor, killing mobs, dungeon etc, than getting none at all....

When you first said you were keeping Merit badges in 4.0 in the patch notes I thought that meant you were keeping them in the Daily Contracts as well.... So I didn't say anything then but now that we have seen it was not the case...
'please

Any chance we can get an "anything goes" arena mode? It would basically be gladiator arena but gliders and mounts would be allowed, the players could use anything at their disposal to fight. This would resemble open world PvP scenarios but strictly in a 1v1 context.

Any chance we can get an "anything goes" arena mode? It would basically be gladiator arena but gliders and mounts would be allowed, the players could use anything at their disposal to fight. This would resemble open world PvP scenarios but strictly in a 1v1 context.
It would be a waste of time. Nobody would join a arena with all the invinc mounts/gliders. Bad idea.

Pet power stone armor being temporary

Just noticed that the marketplace powerstone pet armor is time limited to 30d and comes unwrapped so it starts cooldown right after purchase, now these are not available most of the time so you can't realistically renew them, could we get the timer removed or if possible some way of renewing them added like honor badges or some kind of credit charge? maybe using already existing thing like expansion certificate?

it's just silly p2w mechanic that doesn't fit this server and the limited availability makes it hard to use as you can't even stock up on them since they all start expiry cooldown immediatelly, which would be very expensive too anyway

Keeping Merit Badges in the game is ill thought out, and the methods of collection are less than great. If you're unwilling to reverse these now, please consider it for 4.5. Currency consolidation is usually a good thing.

Keeping Merit Badges in the game is ill thought out, and the methods of collection are less than great. If you're unwilling to reverse these now, please consider it for 4.5. Currency consolidation is usually a good thing.
I think @Sparkle already said they will increase the merit reward on some quests, tho I would prefer if merit shop turned into gilda mysel, would be cleaner

Can we get an ingame option to toggle people’s titles. Would declutter the screen and if people want to see that stuff they can simply have it enabled

Can we get an ingame option to toggle people’s titles. Would declutter the screen and if people want to see that stuff they can simply have it enabled
already was in different topic, sparkle's stance was that it's ok as is, but I think if enough ppl shown that they are troubled by the new title system they might reconsider

Last edited:
@Sparkle can you guys give this a thought?

Just noticed that the marketplace powerstone pet armor is time limited to 30d and comes unwrapped so it starts cooldown right after purchase, now these are not available most of the time so you can't realistically renew them, could we get the timer removed or if possible some way of renewing them added like honor badges or some kind of credit charge? maybe using already existing thing like expansion certificate?

it's just silly p2w mechanic that doesn't fit this server and the limited availability makes it hard to use as you can't even stock up on them since they all start expiry cooldown immediatelly, which would be very expensive too anyway
changes like this are what I love about the server, cutting away some of the nonsense from live, it would be great if it was possible

also on the topic, would it be possible to get the powerstone that lets pet loot for you in this version? I don't know if the version is ready for that, but if yes, you guys were able to fix ganesha long before XL did, and I think this would be welcome addition by anyone who does pve farming, maybe have the powerstone as 1000 credit permanent in marketplace? I think it would increase the turn out on rng boxes containing powerstone pets, and more credits spent is better for the server :)

already was in different topic, sparkle's stance was that it's ok as is, but I think if enough ppl shown that they are troubled by the new title system they might reconsider
Fair enough that thread that had it got pretty toxic just wanted to repost it on the suggestion page

Can agree with Kezz. It will be quite unpopular and due to it useless.

New Powerstone pets armor was added to the shop as a temporary armor intentionally. Permanent armor can be received together with the pet itself, but player may not be interested in having lots of similar pets just for stones. Due to it we created and added custom temp stones that can be used on any powerstone pets.
Unfortunately, it's not possible for the cooldown not to start right after the purchase, so the best way is to get 1 stone you are interested in right prior you are going to start using it.
As soon as item expires you can get another one or try another stone with a different stat if the perma stone that was originally coming with your pet is not a stat you are interested in.

As for the titles, we'll think what can be done and look into it a bit later once we are finished with the updates and fixes that need to come first and can turn our attention back to the custom updates.

@Sparkle can you guys give this a thought?
changes like this are what I love about the server, cutting away some of the nonsense from live, it would be great if it was possible
also on the topic, would it be possible to get the powerstone that lets pet loot for you in this version? I don't know if the version is ready for that, but if yes, you guys were able to fix ganesha long before XL did, and I think this would be welcome addition by anyone who does pve farming, maybe have the powerstone as 1000 credit permanent in marketplace? I think it would increase the turn out on rng boxes containing powerstone pets, and more credits spent is better for the server :)
You probably mean auto-loot pet stone. I believe that one is coming in 4.5. It will be added with the game version.

@Sparkle could we get collision box on Lucky Buddy removed? It keeps blocking mobs during farming, glitching them into immune state, also it's kinda annoying when it blocks character too, usually pets don't have thsi issue as they follow mobs instead of character and fight them which makes them position around the mob

also the collision box on this pet is extremely large, about 3-4 times the size of the pet
just to illustrate this issue, here's a screenshot of my character pushed as close to lucky buddy as the collision box allows
ScreenShot0215.jpg

Back