What's new

Suggestions

Is there any way to increase the number of skillsaver slots we can have? Even just one additional slot would be a great help

The dances that the yata costumes provide -- is there any way we can get those added as standalone dances, rather than forcing folks to wear the costume? I can get the names of the costumes in question, but I feel that you folks already know which yata dances I am speaking about. You could always add them to the marketplace, or make them similar to the Lord of the Dance dance, which is in the Merit shop.

Thank you muchly, whether you can or can't make them standalone dances. <3

The dances that the yata costumes provide -- is there any way we can get those added as standalone dances, rather than forcing folks to wear the costume? I can get the names of the costumes in question, but I feel that you folks already know which yata dances I am speaking about. You could always add them to the marketplace, or make them similar to the Lord of the Dance dance, which is in the Merit shop.

Here, I'll make it easier for them.
1580872150115.png

1580872169134.png

1580872207889.png

Is it time for bank and inventory expansion scroll limits to be increased? By 4.0 on live, I'm pretty sure we had 180 inventory, and 200 bank.
No, it wasn't increased in the current or later game versions. You already have the max possible.

I like RP. Bring more dances!
Yes, we'll add some more dances to the game soon.

I don't recall that o.o afaik always been 150, at least on EU/NA.
Weird, I thought I remembered it higher for some reason. I'm kinda suffering with 60 costumes in my inventory, a full dawnsdrop set, and 3 rows of food and buffs I'm expected to have at all times.

Weird, I thought I remembered it higher for some reason. I'm kinda suffering with 60 costumes in my inventory, a full dawnsdrop set, and 3 rows of food and buffs I'm expected to have at all times.

Yea I'm suffering with instruments and music sheets.. xD

Suggestion:
  • Remove 3 Second Cooldown on planting things (like trees, coral, etc).
Reason:
  • It prolongs player suffering.

Followup Question:
  • What is it even there for? I heard it was for bot prevention, but bots do not care and are unaffected by cooldowns.
    Actual players though, do care and are affected.

**Edited to correct cooldown time

Last edited:
Suggestion:
  • Remove 1 Second Cooldown on planting things (like trees, coral, etc).
Reason:

Followup Question:
  • What is it even there for? I heard it was for bot prevention, but bots do not care and are unaffected by cooldowns.

Yea I asked for this and was ignored. People don't understand how it works and keep saying it is tied to GCD when it isn't. No one wants to remove the time gate on placeable world items though...I explained it here:

Suggestion:
  • Remove 3 Second Cooldown on planting things (like trees, coral, etc).
Reason:

Followup Question:

**Edited to correct cooldown time
The timing is a global action cooldown that is in the game by default.
Global cooldown is affected by how high your attack speed is. With higher attack speed shortening your cooldown.
The cooldown affects a lot more than just planting so we cannot lower it as it would then mess with a lot of things such as skills.
Some actions do not trigger gcd. These are exceptions.
As for could we make planting not trigger gcd and become one of those exceptions. That could cause other issues with with server updates from so many entities being placed at once.
While also 4.5 introduces a snap to grid planting system and is not too far away from arriving

Yea I asked for this and was ignored. People don't understand how it works and keep saying it is tied to GCD when it isn't. No one wants to remove the time gate on placeable world items though...I explained it here:

Afaik you didn't get ignored cuz I've seen Sjinderson's current response before x)

I literally linked an entire post (the one you quoted) explaining that is is *not* part of the global cool down. I provided pictures, and proof. It is a cooldown placed on the seed item itself.

People need to read.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

There is a 2.18 second timer put on seeds. That timer should be removed.

Once again, it is not a part of the global cooldown. Sjinderson is 100% wrong in this case. I don't care that he is a staff member, that doesn't make him automatically correct.

Go ahead and plant seeds with your normal attack speed (whatever it is), then buff your attack speed. There is literally ZERO change in the cooldown applied to that seed item.

I can get my attack speed down to 60.2% (661) with a dual wield buff, a few gems, secret gift, and honor nodachi. There is literally no change to the 2+ second timer cooldown applied to the seed after a plant. Not. Part. Of. Global. Coodown

The timing is a global action cooldown that is in the game by default.
Global cooldown is affected by how high your attack speed is. With higher attack speed shortening your cooldown.
The cooldown affects a lot more than just planting so we cannot lower it as it would then mess with a lot of things such as skills.
Some actions do not trigger gcd. These are exceptions.
As for could we make planting not trigger gcd and become one of those exceptions. That could cause other issues with with server updates from so many entities being placed at once.
While also 4.5 introduces a snap to grid planting system and is not too far away from arriving

No. It isn't. And no, it doesn't in the context of planting seeds. Go ahead and cheat yourself 40% attack speed after planting at 100%. You will see that nothing changes.

Your only credible argument here is that it "might cause issues with entities being spawned"

However, this argument can easily be debunked if you take a look at how concurrent entity processing works and the fact that this MMO has had a far higher population than this server currently hosts, with a few thousand people interacting with the server, and it has yet to cause issues. I understand the backend to this server is custom but that still doesn't change the facts.

This is literally a hold over to prevent people from programatically (read bots) planting hundreds of objects at once, which might cause issues with writing to the database that handles overworld objects.

Which is why I suggested lowering the timer to half a second, which is a gracious solution that prevents extreme exploitation.

The snap to grid system does nothing to alleviate the extreme time gate on planting.

I have read it.
And sparkle answered why there is an additional item usage cooldown
Cooldown is the time between planting. That cooldown is a part of the global cooldown.
If you mean planting action itself, that's a cast time. Each such planting is a separate skill for separate plants and there are hundreds of such. Changing each of them for a little for faster planting is kind of problematic and time consuming.

Neither the gcd or the item usage time is going to get changed

It really isn't difficult to edit that timer with proper tools and development practices.

And stop talking about the GCD it has no application to the topic at hand. You are continually confusing people with that false information.

He is just forwarding what Sparkle said. And I'm sure theres more to it then just editing a line of code.
Maybe the matter is too complex to quickly explain so they decide to keep it short.
Only because attack speed doesn't affect gcd from seed-planting, doesn't neccessairly mean it wouldn't do the same if it was the other way around.

Back