What's new

Suggestions

It really isn't difficult to edit that timer with proper tools and development practices.

And stop talking about the GCD it has no application to the topic at hand. You are continually confusing people with that false information.
You should read what I said.
As what I said was neither is going to get changed.
Gcd is relevant as GCD is the short timer that occurs after you plant.
Then there is an additional item usage timer on the crop which stops you from replanting again.

Of which neither the GCD or the item usage cooldown for crops will be modified. For which Sparkle has said would be very time consuming and we feel does not grant enough of a benefit to warrant the time it would take to modify and then test the planting time for every crop in the game.

Then there is an additional item usage timer on the crop which stops you from replanting again.

Of which neither the GCD or the item usage cooldown for crops will be modified. For which Sparkle has said would be very time consuming and we feel does not grant enough of a benefit to warrant the time it would take to modify and then test the planting time for every crop in the game.

Literally no one is talking about the invisible timer that "appears between planting", which I've also argued (if you read my post I've linked 3 times now) is more than likely a distinctly separate system from the GCD we all interact with on a daily basis to begin with, as I can literally attack right after planting the seed, with no perceptable delay in being able to cast, at 100% attack and cast speed. I can drop attacks before the seed even completes spawning in the world. That's even considering such a system exists, which there is no real way to prove it does without direct source code.

The topic at hand is the timer (cooldown, item level cooldown, cast time cooldown, whatever you want to call it) applied to the seed item after use.

And again, which is what I was responding to in the first place, a proper query and/or good development would make the editing of the timer simplistic. If it's not database columns that dictate these actions then creating a binary reader for editing is possible, and easy.

Additionally,
we feel does not grant enough of a benefit to warrant the time it would take to modify and then test the planting time for every crop in the game.
is completely unfair to the player base that has to consistently deal with it.

This is a situation a vast majority of people hate dealing with, but figured it was either impossible to change, straight up don't know it can be changed, or had no idea they could even bring up the topic of change. It is a good quality of life improvement

-Music sheet previews (when buying from AH and etc), rn it's like downloading from limewire.

-Folders or something that we can put sheets and other music stuff into that count as one slot each folder, only reason I'm not making any sheets is because I will never have space.

-Aur plants could drop atleast 5 product from each plant every time

Can we make posible to equip any kinds of sonars/radars/telescopes on any ships with radar slots ? Mainly irritating is to having monster sonar and be forced to have it on fishing boat for some reason. :/

So here is a video I made 100% proving you wrong.

There is zero "short timer" and zero GCD after planting. The only timer present is the timer on the seeds, which is what I've been screaming since the beginning.

I executed literally frame perfect attack requests both attack speed buffed and unbuffed as soon as the seed processed in the game. If there was ANY kind of GCD at all my attack would have been denied or skill queued, neither of which happened. And to add even more to my victory, the attack actually processed through the game's internal message loop faster than the standalone attacks I did.

Some dense information in that. You should read it. You'll need to do some pausing, but the information is all there. You should also refrain from making statements repeatedly after being told you are wrong, especially if it can be verified.

Vulgrr, you really should stop spreading lies and misinformation. Sjinderson and Sparkle run this game, they know what they are talking about and have never been wrong. Please show respect to the people who know better than you.

Vulgrr, you really should stop spreading lies and misinformation. Sjinderson and Sparkle run this game, they know what they are talking about and have never been wrong. Please show respect to the people who know better than you.

Sparkle I can forgive. He/she is a good person at heart, has good intentions, and does a great job for a person with a lot of demands on their time. Also has always responded very well to my requests for assistance, although I help out by providing intelligent, accurate info.

Can't say any of that about the other one though. I can provide all evidence to the contrary, actually. But "we're not allowed to insult staff"

So here is a video I made 100% proving you wrong.

There is zero "short timer" and zero GCD after planting. The only timer present is the timer on the seeds, which is what I've been screaming since the beginning.

I executed literally frame perfect attack requests both attack speed buffed and unbuffed as soon as the seed processed in the game. If there was ANY kind of GCD at all my attack would have been denied or skill queued, neither of which happened. And to add even more to my victory, the attack actually processed through the game's internal message loop faster than the standalone attacks I did.

Some dense information in that. You should read it. You'll need to do some pausing, but the information is all there. You should also refrain from making statements repeatedly after being told you are wrong, especially if it can be verified.
Your own video shows that there is an item use cooldown on the seed after planting it. Which you can see at 1:27.
The same cooldown we have said we are not goint to change because it involves going through every plant and changing it.
You are correct in that it does not trigger GCD. That has changed with an update I suspect 3.5.

-Music sheet previews (when buying from AH and etc), rn it's like downloading from limewire.

-Folders or something that we can put sheets and other music stuff into that count as one slot each folder, only reason I'm not making any sheets is because I will never have space.

-Aur plants could drop atleast 5 product from each plant every time
Do not believe it is possible for previews of music sheets.
The game already has a special type of chest for storing music sheet. It is called the hummingbird Storage Chest. But no they cannot be stored in 1 stack. They all contain unique information in them.
"-Aur plants could drop atleast 5 product from each plant every time"
By Aur plants do you mean Auroria plants which are purchased with Lord's Coins?
Can we make posible to equip any kinds of sonars/radars/telescopes on any ships with radar slots ? Mainly irritating is to having monster sonar and be forced to have it on fishing boat for some reason. :/
Possible yes. But I am not sure how well the models will work

Possible yes. But I am not sure how well the models will work

I'd say don't worry about the models. People already change ship components like that, like the caernord rudder on a merchant schooner or changing the propellant on the moby drake. Especially the latter looks...awkward :3

Your own video shows that there is an item use cooldown on the seed after planting it. Which you can see at 1:27.

Correct. I've been stating that since the beginning. There's a few other spots in the video too, showcasing this exact thing. Each of those also shows frame perfect button pressing for attack launching.

The same cooldown we have said we are not goint to change because it involves going through every plant and changing it.

Correct, which I pointed out is still easy to do with competent programming and/or SQL queries given this game is largely SQL DB driven, with some Lua thrown in for good measure

You are correct in that it does not trigger GCD. That has changed with an update I suspect 3.5.

Are you really that incapable of admitting you were wrong? Posts and posts refuting my straight facts, spreading misinformation to players, and now instead of apologizing you try to reach back into the past??

There has *NEVER BEEN* a GCD attached to planting seeds. Ever. There has only ever been the item level cooldown. You suspect zero changed in 3.5, you are literally trying to fish for near indefensible information, which I can actually fully disprove.

Here is more video proof. This video is all the way back from Archeage 1.2 in 2014.

You can clearly see this dude planting a tree, and only his seeds go on cooldown. No GCD is enacted on ANY of the GCD tied items in his inventory, or his hotbar skills.

Looks exactly like seed planting does today. Funny how that works....

I have forgotten more about this game than you have ever known man.

Last edited:
Are you really that incapable of admitting you were wrong? Posts and posts refuting my straight facts, spreading misinformation to players, and now instead of apologizing you try to reach back into the past??

There has *NEVER BEEN* a GCD attached to planting seeds. Ever. There has only ever been the item level cooldown. You suspect zero changed in 3.5, you are literally trying to fish for near indefensible information, which I can actually fully disprove.

Here is more video proof. This video is all the way back from Archeage 1.2 in 2014.

You can clearly see this dude planting a tree, and only his seeds go on cooldown. No GCD is enacted on ANY of the GCD tied items in his inventory, or his hotbar skills.

Looks exactly like seed planting does today. Funny how that works....

I have forgotten more about this game than you have ever known man.

Wtf???????????

"You are correct in that it does not trigger GCD. That has changed with an update I suspect 3.5. "

Did you even read??????

Wtf???????????

"You are correct in that it does not trigger GCD. That has changed with an update I suspect 3.5. "

Did you even read??????

Yes. Did you?

Instead of admitting he is wrong, he is reaching back to 3.5, which we don't have a game to do testing.

So I went back to 1.2 to prove he is still wrong.

Hop off that staff brown nosing and grab some reading comprehension.

Yes. Did you?

Instead of admitting he is wrong, he is reaching back to 3.5, which we don't have a game to do testing.

So I went back to 1.2 to prove he is still wrong.

Hop off that staff brown nosing and grab some reading comprehension.

As far as he knew hes admitting hes wrong by saying you are correct. He said they can't change the time. And all you can do is be rude, yet again. like, why?

edit, nvm I don't wanna know. x) done with this

As far as he knew hes admitting hes wrong by saying you are correct. He said they can't change the time. And all you can do is be rude, yet again. like, why?

edit, nvm I don't wanna know. x) done with this

It isn't about being rude.

You don't understand what is happening here.

He pulled a child's move.

"Oh, you're right here, but I meant to say it was here where the GCD applied".

It is a classic backpedal attempt.

You (aviendha) don't understand how people behave under when called out, or how debates work.

The dude literally made posts ignoring my facts and spreading misinformation.

And he is now trying to save face by admitting I'm right here, but attempting to imply he was right previously.

Which he isn't. He is using indefensible statements by using the 3.5 patch level as a scapegoat, because we (that is, I, because I'm the only one here smart enough to do it) don't have the tools to test and factually prove them wrong. Because we don't have 3.5.

So I went back to 1.2 to find a video that showcases frame for frame exactly the activity that occurs when planting today, even in 4.0

He needs to concede he is wrong. It's the only way people will grow

Providing a video of patch 1.2 doesn't prove anything because it is of an entirely different patch. You need a video of 3.5 to of proven your point.
None the less I did go back and check on it and I have made a mistake.
There is no GCD applied to planting. GCD is applied when harvesting.

The reason I believed it changed in 3.5 is because it was in 3.5 there was some changes to farming before 4.0 where the bluesalt quests are changed

Providing a video of patch 1.2 doesn't prove anything because it is of an entirely different patch. You need a video of 3.5 to of proven your point.
None the less I did go back and check on it and I have made a mistake.
There is no GCD applied to planting. GCD is applied when harvesting.

The reason I believed it changed in 3.5 is because it was in 3.5 there was some changes to farming before 4.0 where the bluesalt quests are changed

Thank you. That's all I wanted to hear/see.

And you are correct, it is only when harvesting.

/enddebate

I'm still going to push for the change to seed timer cooldowns like a furious chimp, because it is a good QoL change, and like I said. It's something everyone hates, but few know can be changed.

Hell give me the decrypted database file and I'll write the SQL that does it.

edit: @xkf2 @Flipsy read up. Don't just jump on a train when you're not familiar with the topic

Last edited:

Well he clearly said, they dont want to, and not "cant". Not enough of a qol change

Am I really still reading the suggestions thread? Please don't turn this thread into the place for arguing. In such a case, just create a separate thread if you want to discuss something specific.

@vulgrr I can't speak about the future, as within these 2 years we made many changes we had no way to change at the beginning, but currently, such change is not going to happen.

Sorry @Sparkle, but I took issue with the fact that every time I made a correct statement, Sjinderson came in and spread around false information, despite my many attempts to state he was spreading incorrect info. I also felt that the misinformation being spread by a staff member, despite being told numerous times he was wrong, needed to be corrected. Worse yet, he managed to convince other players that I was wrong, who then proceeded to turn on me as well. Not acceptable from my perspective.

I'm sorry to hear the change to seeds won't be made, as it would be a huge QoL improvment to all planters and farmers, big or small.

Here's hoping the change can come about in the future.

Back