What's new

Suggestions

Suggestion 2: Bring more attention on the download page to "Turn off your antivirus and/or Windows Defender before starting install" and include the instruction on the download page to add the exceptions/exclusions for ArcheRage prior to reactivating the antivirus and/or Windows Defender.
Suggest to turn off the AV is always bad.
And is also too generic: which AV conflicts with AR?
Symantec, Kaspersky, Avira, Avast, McAfee, AVG, Bitdefender, F-Secure... all of them? I don't think so, but this suggestion that the AV needs to be disabled in order to run AR is always a constant in the support channel.

This bad idea, combined with the terrible idea that XL's developers had to make the software require to run with Admin privileges is an enormous security flaw.

1. identify which AVs conflict and which don't
2. suggest to use an alternative AV which is verified that does not conflict

Symantec, Kaspersky, Avira, Avast, McAfee, AVG, Bitdefender, F-Secure... all of them? I don't think so, but this suggestion that the AV needs to be disabled in order to run AR is always a constant in the support channel.

This bad idea, combined with the terrible idea that XL's developers had to make the software require to run with Admin privileges is an enormous security flaw.

Right now, Windows Defender has a new definition update that is breaking the game for everyone. I have not played a game that did not include the instructions to disable the AV prior to install. I only use Windows built in because BitDefender went nuts and was quarantining all of my games despite exceptions being specified. The current issue is Windows Defender and you only need to disable it during install and you can re-enable it after making the exclusions in Defender.

I say just increase every plants / trees lifetime before they expire and give us the ability to water them at grown stage to reset the timer.

As is later pointed out, having a longer timer is not the same:

Not the same. You can already extend duration with trimming, but they're just decor, you don't want upkeep. It would be like admins adding a dusting feature "now you gotta go clean your houses decor or its vanishes".

Decor plants/trees is a great idea (i've read some people saying they enjoyed those greenhouses that came in boxes), if its easy to do, go ahead and do it sparkle.

Furthermore, the trimming is only possible for trees planted in their "native climate"

For example, Cherry Trees always have expiry timers in Arid/Tropical/Subarctic
But in temperate there is no timer, and, after a few days you get a "Old Cherry Tree" or something which can be trimmed to extend its life.
There is no such extension option in the Arid/Tropical/Subarctic climates. It will just disappear.

---

I really like this decor tree idea :D

You do not need to blanket "turn off AV"
Just set a rule to whitelist the archeage executable and the game folder...

Would it be possible to have a Toggle/Settting that makes textures of Saplings/Seeds when you are placing them down partially transparent? maybe even can have opacity set to user's liking...

For example here... it is hard see the border of the PLANT circle thingy because of all the tree stuff... I know you can use alternate camera angle and such,
but sometimes the problem can persist, and working top down is usually the most effiecient for planting most things to get maximum stuff on the land...

Would also be coold to have a opacity setting for already grown stuff as well :D Makes walking through cedar forests easier... xDDD

VDmpHB5.jpg

What about a guild leadership chat channel that broadcasts a message on screen to guild members, like the /command channel? Maybe useful for announcements or urgent messages.

Would it be possible to have a Toggle/Settting that makes textures of Saplings/Seeds when you are placing them down partially transparent? maybe even can have opacity set to user's liking...

For example here... it is hard see the border of the PLANT circle thingy because of all the tree stuff... I know you can use alternate camera angle and such,
but sometimes the problem can persist, and working top down is usually the most effiecient for planting most things to get maximum stuff on the land...

Would also be coold to have a opacity setting for already grown stuff as well :D Makes walking through cedar forests easier... xDDD

VDmpHB5.jpg
Will most likely not be possible.

What about a guild leadership chat channel that broadcasts a message on screen to guild members, like the /command channel? Maybe useful for announcements or urgent messages.
We'll add it to our workbench and maybe implement something like that a bit later. But can't provide any timing for it right now as we are currently busy finalizing 4.0 update, so may not be able to start working on it until 4.0 release.

Hi,
This light on the treehouse keeps turning off automatically, can it maybe changed like the other lights to stay on?

View attachment 8811

We'll do it.

Hi there. playin on this server now over 1 year, and i would like to make few suggestions , maybe some of them will be possible in future :)

1. EU Abyssal / Lusca !!! We are a large EU group that would love to join this events, we joined them exactly 1x till now, on this time this isnt possible to EU players to join. we got 3x abyssal / lusca in the week.. how about doin 1 of them on EU times? would be like 6-8 hours earlier then now. since really much EU players are on this server this idea is really strong!

2. Ship Dungeon .... i know this will probably stay a dream, but MAYBE it is possible for u guys to mod here something to make a dungeon which is only possible to clear with war ships.. some ppl are more pve then pvp and still love the ship mechanics, they would kiss ur feets for sucha content. think about :)

3. Market stood hard to explain what i mean with this. if there are some ppl which played "Silkroad" they will know what i mean. i LOVED this , like all players / friends which played silkroad with me. it was a skill which u could aktivate and could place 10 items in it with a price. as soon u placed the items u could start ur market stood.
so then u just stay there inside a market stood and ppl can open this stood and look what u offer to maybe buy something. this would be without ah costs etc. since it is only possible on 1 place (citys, or maybe only on 1 city ingame) and only while afk'ing the AH system will still get used. some items are just hard to sell and this method is FUNNY (i loved to go shoppin on silkroad like this xD) and useful for items that are really hard to sell and for which u need to pay 100g each try for 48 hours.

(on the questions on teamspeak if there are anymore suggestions, garrer is shouting now "PUT THE PAITING NR 8 MORE OFTEN ON THE LIBRARY FLOOR 3.. maybe u can help him out there? xD)

tyvm for nice support and maybe something is possible from this list.

Hi there. playin on this server now over 1 year, and i would like to make few suggestions , maybe some of them will be possible in future :)

1. EU Abyssal / Lusca !!! We are a large EU group that would love to join this events, we joined them exactly 1x till now, on this time this isnt possible to EU players to join. we got 3x abyssal / lusca in the week.. how about doin 1 of them on EU times? would be like 6-8 hours earlier then now. since really much EU players are on this server this idea is really strong!

I heard somewhere that some server had two lusca/abyssal on a day.. would be nice.

Sure would be nice to not have to commit to a late night just to get Luscas/abyssal done. Theres a good percentage of european players in my guild that have not and likely will never participate in luscas because its just not really viable for anyone with one of those pesky job things.

Is there any possibility of raising the cap for maximum proficiency specializations? Even if the number of specializations that could go to famed were kept the same it would be nice to be able to level other things up more.

Is there any possibility of raising the cap for maximum proficiency specializations? Even if the number of specializations that could go to famed were kept the same it would be nice to be able to level other things up more.

I would also like this, but I am greedy and want all the professions. Maybe just keep kicking up the number of Specialization Snowflakes needed to increase your proficiency until you collect all of them or something like that.

It would even be good to make it so that the number you can have at Famed is shared across all Prof categories, rather than limited per category...
e.g. right now we have 2 for Harvesting, 3 (or whatever number it is) for Crafting and 2 for Misc.
Would be nice to change it to having 7 Famed max in whatever categories you like.

Get the old map icons for gold and resource trader to show up on the map again.

This will make it a bit easier for new players. Not all are familiar with the old trade system.

Get the old map icons for gold and resource trader to show up on the map again.

This will make it a bit easier for new players. Not all are familiar with the old trade system.

We plan to do it but didn't have a chance to get to it yet.

It would even be good to make it so that the number you can have at Famed is shared across all Prof categories, rather than limited per category...
e.g. right now we have 2 for Harvesting, 3 (or whatever number it is) for Crafting and 2 for Misc.
Would be nice to change it to having 7 Famed max in whatever categories you like.

Actually, after thinking about this for a little, this is not such a great idea... xD

Can we have combat boost (not the 10% atk) buff in the honorpoints/merit/gilda store?
Some servers have those already.
Maybe for like 5-6 Gilda - 5 Merit - 2000-2500 Honor?
It was suggested time ago from devs in discord to post a request in here.

Also, culd we have the monstrous desire effect to be 1% Mana each second for 30 seconds?
It takes some good time to drop one and actually not giving a good boost, it only helps classes wich have very low amount of mana/mana usages.
A melee/tank using that is fine to use basically no pots but healers and mages are forced to sink in hundreds of golds as mana pots, could we have that one reworkerd?
Time ago it was % Mana recovery.
If you think 30s is too high we may have it reduced to like 25s, still be good for everyone.
Even mana pots get to be % recovery in next patches to be fairer on different classes.

Back